AECOM

AECOM Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape12 reviews

3,6Work-Life Balance

Found 12 reviews matching the searchSee all 5 247 reviews

Collaborative workplace where quality is paramount

This is a good place to work to gain a lot of industry experience. The collaboration that happens between offices from different countries are also inspiring.

misery

Some line managers need management training. They have zero people skills. If you work yourself up and earn a bit more they will let you go. The typical consultant rule applies where they want fast and cheap labour.

Pros

nice projects

Cons

long hours, hate, horrible managers

Very formal and rigid!

It did not have room for the younger professionals to create opportunities, it was very structured and therefore employees disengaged most of the time.

workplace culture

the respect was an ethnic here, for the success of the job, the team was well build with different expertise and knowledge. Aecom had an university where everyone must take some courses

productive, and comfortable workspace

the office was very welcoming and everyone was nice. everyone worked well in team projects. we had meetings and they were very productive and worth while. i've learnt alot from every individual in the company. i helped each employee with there work and gave me a broader understanding in the construction industry that i didn't get in lecture rooms. the hardest part was making sure i dont make a mistake and that the pressure was huge when it came to pricing and properly quantifying bill of quantities and making sure there were no errors, since my work is being trusted. the most enjoyable part is when they trust you with work and you do it and its all correct and the feeling that now they can trust you was the very enjoyable, also the moments we go out for our personal breaks or lunch time. i've learnt alot from quantifying a BOQ, site measurements, interim valuations,and etc.

Pros

small office, so we can all communicate with each other

Cons

lots of errands

Productive and Healthy working environment

AECOM is a good company but the salary/benefit was a bit of a disadvantage for me. It was productive and the environment was healthy. It was easy to settle as the people are welcoming.

Productive & structured workplace

A typical day at work would include developing solutions with a wide collection of engineering and architectural groups.The company has broad exposure to all engineering disciplines. architectural and management services, as well as quality control during construction. I have learnt to improve communication skills and to develop cost-effective civil- and structural solutions. In a general sense, the value of a healthy work atmosphere that encourages productivity, good inter-personal relations and an appreciation of humour (when the work schedule gets hectic) added to the technical skills. The hardest part of the job is to do focused detail quality checks of drawings, schedules and designs to ensure that all known potential problems are avoided. The most enjoyable part of my work is to see satisfied clients requesting further work on new projects.

Pros

Wide-ranging world-wide opportunities.

Cons

The engineering market wants above-average work at a discount.

Productive and pleasant atmostphere

I have learned from working at AECOM, working as a team is very important to reach business goals and develop interpersonal skills. Hardest part was leaving.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

Productive and fun work place with its ups and dowm moments

It is a fun company to work for, it has platforms which allow people to grow and deliver better productivity everyday. It is a company with a lot of departments (transport, water, mechanical, energy, structural etc) and we usually meet on fridays during Friday meetings and there we talk about everything and what changes we would like to see in the company inorder to be suitable for everybody, but the most enjoyable part is working with my mentor, he hellped me to be who i am today. we have the most exciting projects at the moment with a lot of tasks to complete.

Pros

30 minutes lunch

Cons

8 hours

Productive, Fun and Supportive

We start work at 8am, most Mondays we have a resource meeting to talk about the week and what needs to be done in the week. Management is always giving advice and makes working at AECOM pleasant. My co-workers are extremely supportive and caring. We are more like a family in the office and we all very close. We do a lot of team building and sport activities together. The hardest part of my job is working long hours in the retail sector but i am grateful for the experience. I really enjoy working and going for training to better myself. I learn something new every week and I find the retail sector extremely interesting. It take a lot of hard work and long hours but the experience is worth it all.

Unethical Company

No consistency of job description. Always being thrown in the deep end by management. I am a person who likes stability in my position and preparation. As i take pride in what i do.

Professional Multi disciplinary Consulting Engineering practice

A well structured Consulting Engineering Company. With great Management and co-workers.

Cons

Flexi hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AECOM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 5 247 reviews