Abbott Laboratories
Information from Abbott Laboratories:

Abbott Laboratories Employee Reviews

South Africa23 reviews
3,0
The Working environment is high paced and therefore always busy.

I have learned a lot about the pharmaceutical industry.

The Abbott Diagnostics department is a high paced environment to work in. A lot of structure needs to be implemented
5,0
The stuff is very friendly and they not scared to pay you when you productive and has a good working relationship between employees and employers the greatest management team
5,0
Very easy and vibrant environment everyone is friendly and there is a willingness to support and develop staff to move from one level to the next in your professional development
Pros
Lovely canteen
Cons
Working in isolaiton
2,0
Cons
Difficult culture

Poor management

Outdated systems

Pro Senior management, the rest doesn’t matter

Very unorthodox, not in a good way...

Pros

Good salary and benefits

Location away from business hubs
Pros
Competitive Packages
Cons
Poor culture, no work life balance, disastrous management
3,0
I am not sure the management knew how to handle a quick expansion to generate revenue. The structures they put in place, especially in Africa, did not make sense to me.

Abbott in general has very good packages and they support staff very well.
4,0
The Co has very good publicity and reputation. But there is strict control and compliance environment. No room for creativity with fear of internal auditing
Excellent training
Good prospects

Packages are top level

Growth potential

Established in the markets they deal with

Corporate image make dealings easier

Focus on people in and outside the company is of a high standard
Pros
Growth Potential
Cons
Race in RSA
4,0
Was a company with very good culture and balance between work and family. I feel like this is changing a lot and need more work driven and more after hours work. Offers good salary but commission was also cut. Need to have balance and now struggle to maintain this.
Pros
Had a very good culture
Cons
Culture is changing
3,0
- The belief in me was encouraging.
- I learnt to work under pressure and to catch information fast and always remember it.

- Pay attention to detail.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No recognition. No stability. Too much in a short time.
1,0
The company was badly run and had a very closed culture where no body new was allowed to get into the inner circle. Thus hampering performance and growth.
5,0
Achieving goals as set is the business of the day and that is achieved by highly qualified personnel with the help of supporting Human Resources department. I enjoyed the team spirit that existed across various departments.

I had a chance to interact with colleagues form sales and marketing departments while I was in the regulatory department. I learned a lot about the trends in the market.

Pros
Petrol Card, Free lunch
4,0
Good working hours and remuneration benefits. Wonderful people I worked with. Great support and training offered both for job and for personal development.
3,0
-I first check daily reminder from my calendar, completed various administrative duties as well, including drafting documents and emails, checking my calendar as well as my manager's. filing and provide strong customer service and resolved customer issues.

-Professionalism, Teamwork and Problem Solving

- learn what it takes to be a successful personal assistant

- Be collaborative

- to be the only person in the office who knows everything,
Pros
Canteen allowance
Cons
No growth opportunities
5,0
Planning is most important and being able to know where to call to get the best results for your products. knowing the opposition and to be a step ahead. know trials well and product info and opposition and their movement in the field.
Pros
Car allowance/medical aid
Cons
if area too large and cant meet the necessary customers to reach target - planning
5,0
I worked at this company many years ago and at the time they where a great company to work for.The management at the time was very helpful, and totally supportive.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Not really
5,0
I managed 14 representatives accross various portfolios. I am a self starter and a peoples person with exceptional leadership skills. You would have to have theses capabilities managing 14 representatives. Got alongvery well with co workers and was well liked in the organization. All 14 representatives were female managing their hormones at times could be a challange. You can never manage withthe style one shoe fits all. I enjoyed making target and working with my representitives we were a very strong team
3,0
My daily routine is to monitor the analysers that is allocated to me as well as supporting my co-workers with maintaining our instrument base. I learned to think on my feet and to adapt quickly. The long hours and standby is not so enjoyable but I do enjoy it when I solve a complex problem.
4,0
Typically my day at work is non-stop go. We constantly have deadlines to meet being a multinational company and being in finance. I've learnt to keep calm when under pressure and take one task at a time. Also, learning how to deal with a diverse range of personalities successfully. My management style is informal and approachable. I try to listen to everybodies view before making a decision. Decisions are best made if all facts are available. We work as a team at Abbott, harnessing the strengths and skills of each individual. The hardset part of the job is the long hours, endless deadlines and of recent, the constant changes within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning, growing and developing new skills.
Pros
Networking with international staff.
Cons
Long hours.
4,0
•A global, broad-based health care company.
•Founded in 1888.

•Headquarters in Chicago, USA.

•Products span the continuum of health care, from nutritional products and laboratory diagnostics through medical devices and pharmaceutical therapies.

•Sales, manufacturing, R&D and distribution facilities around the world.

•Listed on the New York Stock Exchange.

•Abbott ranks No 69 on the Fortune 500 list.

•Employs 90 000 people worldwide.

•Revenue of $35 billion.

•R&D Investment of $3.7 billion.

•More than 100 facilities worldwide.

•Products are sold in more than 130 countries.
Pros
Streamlined regarding Head Counts
Cons
Resulting in long hours
4,0
Being a multinational organisation, the environment was hugely deadline driven and highly stressful. There was not much time for fun but the employees were like a big happy family. The hardest part of my job was figuring out how the deadlines would be met with the limited resources that we had.

I learned that staying committed and motivated , that anything could be achieved.
Pros
no micromanagement, free parking
1,0
The only good thing about working this division is the training. Other than that, management changes every year and they never promote from within. You are expected to work 24/7. Even if employees exceed their targets, they are given poor increases. Management fires at least 2 people per year and at least 3 leave as the stress is too high. I am really glad to have escaped unharmed but my heart goes out to those I left behind.
Pros
Good Training
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott Laboratories. Our community is ready to answer.
Based on 5 027 reviews