Abbott

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,5Management

Found 11 reviews matching the searchSee all 5 499 reviews

Productive and fun to work there

Great company to work for working Monday to Friday working remotely just wish salary was good though management and support very much organised traveling in and out country was fun and exciting meeting my other colleagues

Stressful

It was more about management reaching their goals than anything else. Pressure on employees to get what management promised the business without discussing with employees

Pros

Cons

Tiresome travelling

It's a great place to work for

The stuff is very friendly and they not scared to pay you when you productive and has a good working relationship between employees and employers the greatest management team

A company in its own world

Cons Difficult culture Poor management Outdated systems Pro Senior management, the rest doesn’t matter Very unorthodox, not in a good way... Pros Good salary and benefits Location away from business hubs

Pros

Competitive Packages

Cons

Poor culture, no work life balance, disastrous management

The Basics

I am not sure the management knew how to handle a quick expansion to generate revenue. The structures they put in place, especially in Africa, did not make sense to me. Abbott in general has very good packages and they support staff very well.

Bad culture

The company was badly run and had a very closed culture where no body new was allowed to get into the inner circle. Thus hampering performance and growth.

Reception

I worked at this company many years ago and at the time they where a great company to work for.The management at the time was very helpful, and totally supportive.

Pros

Great management

Cons

Not really

Productive and enjoy life.

Typically my day at work is non-stop go. We constantly have deadlines to meet being a multinational company and being in finance. I've learnt to keep calm when under pressure and take one task at a time. Also, learning how to deal with a diverse range of personalities successfully. My management style is informal and approachable. I try to listen to everybodies view before making a decision. Decisions are best made if all facts are available. We work as a team at Abbott, harnessing the strengths and skills of each individual. The hardset part of the job is the long hours, endless deadlines and of recent, the constant changes within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning, growing and developing new skills.

Pros

Networking with international staff.

Cons

Long hours.

Deadline driven organisation

Being a multinational organisation, the environment was hugely deadline driven and highly stressful. There was not much time for fun but the employees were like a big happy family. The hardest part of my job was figuring out how the deadlines would be met with the limited resources that we had. I learned that staying committed and motivated , that anything could be achieved.

Pros

no micromanagement, free parking

Cons

Worst company to work for

The only good thing about working this division is the training. Other than that, management changes every year and they never promote from within. You are expected to work 24/7. Even if employees exceed their targets, they are given poor increases. Management fires at least 2 people per year and at least 3 leave as the stress is too high. I am really glad to have escaped unharmed but my heart goes out to those I left behind.

Pros

Good Training

productive and excellent place to work

excellent company to work for which follows rules and regulations.company abids by it procudures at all times.excellent management who is always there to assist in problems that 1 may have.most enjoyable part of my job will be interacting with different people off the FMCG buisness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 5 499 reviews