Abbott

Clear
3,7Work-Life Balance
3,9Pay & Benefits

Found 13 reviews matching the searchSee all 5 499 reviews

Productive and fun to work there

Great company to work for working Monday to Friday working remotely just wish salary was good though management and support very much organised traveling in and out country was fun and exciting meeting my other colleagues

Stressful and Productive

It's really stressfully and challenging, what I have experience is that, environment is one the best, salary it's superb, work balance is really supreme and interresting.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Long hours when production is raising.

A company in its own world

Cons Difficult culture Poor management Outdated systems Pro Senior management, the rest doesn’t matter Very unorthodox, not in a good way... Pros Good salary and benefits Location away from business hubs

Pros

Competitive Packages

Cons

Poor culture, no work life balance, disastrous management

Great company

Excellent training Good prospects Packages are top level Growth potential Established in the markets they deal with Corporate image make dealings easier Focus on people in and outside the company is of a high standard

Pros

Growth Potential

Cons

Race in RSA

Need to look for new opportunities

Was a company with very good culture and balance between work and family. I feel like this is changing a lot and need more work driven and more after hours work. Offers good salary but commission was also cut. Need to have balance and now struggle to maintain this.

Pros

Had a very good culture

Cons

Culture is changing

Bad culture

The company was badly run and had a very closed culture where no body new was allowed to get into the inner circle. Thus hampering performance and growth.

Team spirit in achieving goals

Achieving goals as set is the business of the day and that is achieved by highly qualified personnel with the help of supporting Human Resources department. I enjoyed the team spirit that existed across various departments. I had a chance to interact with colleagues form sales and marketing departments while I was in the regulatory department. I learned a lot about the trends in the market. .

Pros

Petrol Card, Free lunch

Great management and culture

Good working hours and remuneration benefits. Wonderful people I worked with. Great support and training offered both for job and for personal development.

Fast paced but not too many long hours

My daily routine is to monitor the analysers that is allocated to me as well as supporting my co-workers with maintaining our instrument base. I learned to think on my feet and to adapt quickly. The long hours and standby is not so enjoyable but I do enjoy it when I solve a complex problem.

Productive and enjoy life.

Typically my day at work is non-stop go. We constantly have deadlines to meet being a multinational company and being in finance. I've learnt to keep calm when under pressure and take one task at a time. Also, learning how to deal with a diverse range of personalities successfully. My management style is informal and approachable. I try to listen to everybodies view before making a decision. Decisions are best made if all facts are available. We work as a team at Abbott, harnessing the strengths and skills of each individual. The hardset part of the job is the long hours, endless deadlines and of recent, the constant changes within the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning, growing and developing new skills.

Pros

Networking with international staff.

Cons

Long hours.

Review

•A global, broad-based health care company. •Founded in 1888. •Headquarters in Chicago, USA. •Products span the continuum of health care, from nutritional products and laboratory diagnostics through medical devices and pharmaceutical therapies. •Sales, manufacturing, R&D and distribution facilities around the world. •Listed on the New York Stock Exchange. •Abbott ranks No 69 on the Fortune 500 list. •Employs 90 000 people worldwide. •Revenue of $35 billion. •R&D Investment of $3.7 billion. •More than 100 facilities worldwide. •Products are sold in more than 130 countries.

Pros

Streamlined regarding Head Counts

Cons

Resulting in long hours

Deadline driven organisation

Being a multinational organisation, the environment was hugely deadline driven and highly stressful. There was not much time for fun but the employees were like a big happy family. The hardest part of my job was figuring out how the deadlines would be met with the limited resources that we had. I learned that staying committed and motivated , that anything could be achieved.

Pros

no micromanagement, free parking

Cons

productive and excellent place to work

excellent company to work for which follows rules and regulations.company abids by it procudures at all times.excellent management who is always there to assist in problems that 1 may have.most enjoyable part of my job will be interacting with different people off the FMCG buisness.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abbott. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 5 499 reviews

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,9 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,4 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,5 out of 5 stars for Management
3,7 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Abbott
  • Work-Life Balance
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?