Abelanani Creations

Abelanani Creations Employee Reviews

Stressful environment

A typical day at work was going through your checklist/to do list for the day.Checking on the progress of your orders so you can give clients feedback and completing quotations not attended too on the previous day. Making sure that calls are answered as there was no cold calling/prospecting for new clients,every call was a potential client. I was a sales executive and it was my very first job.I learned about corporate gifting,different types of branding methods,substrates and customer service. The company is family owned by a couple who have invested a lot in buying stock overseas and buying machinery so they can print and sometimes manufacture in house.The management style is more of a micro management style where your work is monitored on a daily basis. Personally I found the environment to be stressful as we took on so many orders that sometimes we were not able to get the order out on time,which led to clients complaining about poor service. The most enjoyable part of the job is the fact that all products were branded in house,so it was easier to keep track of the orders as we did not have to rely on another supplier.

Pros

inhouse branding, 13th cheque

Cons

highly stressful environment, micro management

Extreme pressure due to lack of management

Good as a first job, no growth after that and production manager has poor values and skills required to do the job and lead a team. CEO and management are biased in decisions and can make you feel like you have committed a crime.

Pros

Cons

Extreme pressure and long hours

Awesome Abelanani

Abelanani is a nice place to work in they are understanding and they understand you as a person the salary is okay if you are starting. The working times are okay

Pros

Great peers and management

Cons

System problems

Disappointing

Abelanani was a horrible place to work at, there is way too much politics that goes on there, there is no job security and the staff, management and owners only look out for their best interest, we were forced to work extremely long hours and overtime, if we could not work overtime we were given warnings.

Very awesome

Always busy, it was a good environment for growing as an individual and as a company. The duties were all challenging and we were always on our toes. That prepared me to be the hardworking machine I am today. Because of the atmosphere we had back there, I no longer dread pressure. I started as a mere traffic controller, running in between dispatch, receiving and production ensuring clients receive their orders well on time, and later was given an opportunity to grow as the company was progressing. I later moved to Job Scheduling under the warmth tutelage of the directors, was later moved to a new and exciting department that was being introduced at that time, The Digital Printing department. I started with it from the ground and watched it grow rapidly. It turned out to be the most interesting designation I have ever graced in the company. I become quite knowledgeable in the processes surrounding digital printing. And it turned out, also , to be my area of expertise up to this very day.

Pros

Free tea

Cons

Long hours, minimum social time.

Abelanani

Abelanani is an alright place to work. It does get stressful at times, especially towards the end of the year. The remuneration could be greatly improved.

Pros

Pension benefits

Cons

Low salary

Blow moulding

When i was doing sport bottle it ws funny beause it was easy to make but the hardest thing wen we make mould changing that was a hardest thing to me

Pros

ma own lunch

Cons

11hours

productive

when we dont meet the client deadline to be productive we all african when you advice client about crosselling and upselling

Pros

nope

iluk ajob too muchī

Am good at job lyk abelanani alike to opereter ad lamination ad it was a temporal job ad this city campune was good for every thing will be pefet

Pros

free lunch

Cons

2hours

Amazing experience

Work environment is fun, young and vibrant. Amazing experience, started up the digital printing department, trained and designed products. I have learnt a lot over the years

Room for growth is high

Awesome people to work with Operational manager needs some work Company needs own building Too many people in a building Staff are too free Directors friendly Helpful management

Pros

Branding for days

Cons

A very challenging place but fun at the same time

-in the morning checking stock,the printers are available and the jobs that are going on that day must be my first priority. -I have learned how to be responsible and be a team leader. As. well as to manage people. -to be a manager you must be a role player manage to joggle your work everyday in simple words have strategy. -be able to work with your people try to be in their shoes but have limits. -when you have to make sure the job is perfect so that the client would be satisfied. -when the job is done and ready to go out with no mistakes. Only hoping that you have satisfied the client.

Pros

sometimes we did get free lunches if we worked until 08:00pm

Cons

06:00am Until 06:00pm

Fun if you enjoy working as a production worker

Hectic working environment.I learned the skill of accuracey at all times

Cons

overtime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Abelanani Creations. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Abelanani Creations Reviews by Location