ABSA BANK LIMITED

ABSA BANK LIMITED Employee Reviews

South Africa129 reviews
5,0
Collaborate team. High level of information sharing meaning good socialization into the organization. Employees very friendly and high level of team work and knowledge sharing amongst colleagues. Good market related salary offered to employees.
5,0
ive been working for absa for a year now, I’ve enjoyed working with a great group of people at my current employer, but this opportunity in this company fits very well with the direction I want to take my career.
5,0
I used to be a teller at absa for 5 years, Dealing with customers was the best feeling ever.They enjoyed my service and they always recommended me of being effective and efficient.
4,0
Daily focus to delight our clients. Ensure growth by minimising losses and increasing sales achievements. Encourage Collaboration. Training and upskilling of staff.
5,0
Working for Absa is very good and challenging aswell but most importantly make sure you treat the customer fairly and in a respectable manner. Make sure you meet your daily targets.
5,0
I was doing my practically at ABSA becouse i was studying Banking service advice with Milpark under Letsema agency. They place me at absa Waltloo block B, and i was enjoying my self, Management was so supportive i wish i could get another opportunity to work again with them
5,0
The workplace is quite interesting but stressful most of the time. The staff collaboration is outstanding and teamwork is the priority while maintaining the company's value as the basis of all actions.
5,0
A typical day at work was challenging, w.r.t dealing with a very diverse society / client base but I enjoyed every minute of it. I loved and respected my clients.

Management was great. I was respected, trusted and given the necessary support when needed.

I have learnt a lot about people relations in a whole.

The hardest part of the job is watching my colleagues go off for training and courses while I'm stagnating.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of satisfying the most irate client's needs, while keeping all internal stakeholders happy at the same time.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
I can't think of any
Migrating customers to Atms
Assits customers with all related queries.

Handling of debit and credit cards by activating on the system with a pin number

Handled debit and credit card fraud and losses.

Handled the fica process by updating customers information on the systems with relavant
Good. Great culture.
Team spirit is there at times.

Colleauges are proud of their brand.

Limitations regarding advancement or promotions.

Limited access to education if not part of core task.
4,0
ABSA like any big bank is very high pressure and competitive environment. There are many departments offering learning opportunities. I was a bit disappointed when Barclays broke away as i was looking forward to the opportunities to work internationally.
5,0
I enjoyed everything about working for Absa bank limited, the management was great, we were not being micromanaged, we were given a fair chance to do our jobs and reach deadlines, i learnt a lot, I would work at Absa again given an opportunity.
5,0
I would love to join Absa Bank again but White monopoly pushed me out.I was working with Vehicle finance mitigating risk from customers and bad debt management.
5,0
It is always fun working here in a branch it can get hectic as sales is all you ever have to think of and our customers are very important to us . the work place itself is cultural and everyone gets along fine .
the hardest part of my job is making a target making sales its challenging but its also fun .

the enjoyable part of my job is helping people and making banking easier and simpler .
Pros
managing yourself
Cons
coming late and being in trouble
On the job training
Relaxed atmosphere and wonderful people

Growth is excellent

Best nine years of experience I got working there. Team building activities always
3,0
I started at absa as they required person with a certain degree, however the amount of work asked of colleagues compared to the salary is ridiculous, especially when they require NQF 5 or higher.
3,0
I work well individually as well,I have good listening skills and communication skills.I have good telephone manner and computer skills,very organized and disciplined afraid of challenges and willing to learn more. I have learned a lot and have because a person who is or have time management skills,I have more knowledge with most systems that required to many financial institutions
4,0
absa is a graet company to work for and since working here i have gained a lot of experience in sales and the support form the management ,sales coaches it is amazing .
Pros
lots of incentives
5,0
There a lot of opportunities for growth and mentorship, because of how large the company is.

However, because of that, the competition is not only fun but extremely high.
Assistant in Absa Trust Estate department
Reporting estate/loading documents/payments/email/fax/ uploading documents. Answer phone calls assist client queries

Nothing is hard to do if you put your mind to it

Management is always willing to listen and assist if needed

Keeping clients/ company happy
5,0
Absa Equiped me for the tasks they wanted me to perform, so i had a lot of training in different sftwares.the management is always involved in what is done by imployess, that way they help where they can. the workplace culture is assist where you can, the bank works like a well oiled machine.