ABSA BANK LIMITED
ABSA BANK LIMITED Employee Review

Excellent work place

12 March 2020
A typical day at work was challenging, w.r.t dealing with a very diverse society / client base but I enjoyed every minute of it. I loved and respected my clients. Management was great. I was respected, trusted and given the necessary support when needed. I have learnt a lot about people relations in a whole. The hardest part of the job is watching my colleagues go off for training and courses while I'm stagnating. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of satisfying the most irate client's needs, while keeping all internal stakeholders happy at the same time.
3,0
5,0
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
I can't think of any
27 August 2019
Same role
Host (Former Employee) - Somerset West, Western Cape
I was there for a very long time, Been through the Barclay's Absa divorce and the changes needed to be after, they've done a face-lift but not much else has changed
8 November 2017
Same role
Teller, CSC, Forex,, Host, Switchboard, Treasury. (Former Employee) - Middelburg, Mpumalanga
Always a good feeling to assist clients and teach them new things. A great environment to be in. As a company they really look after their employees well being and try by all means to assist where possible.
Pros
Free lunches
21 September 2020
Treasury Clerk (Former Employee) - Carolina, Mpumalanga
I enjoyed working at absa as I gained more experience. Just team work was not there at all times but I manage to co operate with the situation. I also develop in working under pressure. I started as a teller but I ended up as a Treasury clerk doing Atms as well. So I manage to learn Atms, Treasury and business Teller.I learned to take instructions as it is and not argue and stay positive in every situation.
Pros
No lunch in busy days
Cons
Long hours with a Saturday