ABSA BANK LIMITED
ABSA BANK LIMITED Employee Review

Sales Consultant

2,0
9 November 2018
If you looking for a career as a white male dont bother applying here. You will be told blatantly that you wont get further than a point because your white.
1,0Work/Life Balance
2,0Salary/Benefits
1,0Job Security/Advancement
2,0Management
1,0Culture
Pros
Its a bank
Cons
Inequality
5,0
2 November 2020
Same role
Sales Consultant/ Work Base Experience (Former Employee) - Boksburg, Gauteng
At ABSA I was a leaner sent by my college to do work base experience since it was my final year for business management certificate (NCV) I was there for a week which is 7days to observe all the processes on how thing are done at ABSA and it was very exciting since it wa my first time being in a big cooperate environment, I gave all my ability to what were deligated to me after my observation and I'm happy about my outcome it was perfect.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Not allowed to hang out with client as the queue is always very long
4,0
5 December 2017
Same role
Sales Consultant (Current Employee) - Caledon
My job is to solution clients with the right products, my day overall is to assist clients with there financial needs, solve enquiries they have. You learn something new every day as the sysem constantly chages. You just have to stay on track. TTelling a client he does not qualify for something.
4,0
27 February 2020
Same location
Markets Compliance Officer: Trade and electronic communication surveillance (Current Employee) - Sandton, Gauteng
ABSA like any big bank is very high pressure and competitive environment. There are many departments offering learning opportunities. I was a bit disappointed when Barclays broke away as i was looking forward to the opportunities to work internationally.