ABSA BANK LIMITED

ABSA BANK LIMITED Employee Reviews

Loved working at Absa Retail, had the most awesome time working for them.I worked in various departments and loved the challenge. Life was stressful but worth it.Would love to work again for this company as I have no bad experiences here.I worked here for 22 years and it was the best thing I ever did.Love their sales culture wish to have the oppertunity again because now I'm more sales driven.
Pros
Going the extra mile for company and clientele.
Cons
Nothing to add here, Absa is a win win for all.
At ABSA I was a leaner sent by my college to do work base experience since it was my final year for business management certificate (NCV) I was there for a week which is 7days to observe all the processes on how thing are done at ABSA and it was very exciting since it wa my first time being in a big cooperate environment, I gave all my ability to what were deligated to me after my observation and I'm happy about my outcome it was perfect.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Not allowed to hang out with client as the queue is always very long
I enjoyed working at absa as I gained more experience. Just team work was not there at all times but I manage to co operate with the situation. I also develop in working under pressure. I started as a teller but I ended up as a Treasury clerk doing Atms as well. So I manage to learn Atms, Treasury and business Teller.I learned to take instructions as it is and not argue and stay positive in every situation.
Pros
No lunch in busy days
Cons
Long hours with a Saturday
Collaborate team. High level of information sharing meaning good socialization into the organization. Employees very friendly and high level of team work and knowledge sharing amongst colleagues. Good market related salary offered to employees.
ive been working for absa for a year now, I’ve enjoyed working with a great group of people at my current employer, but this opportunity in this company fits very well with the direction I want to take my career.
I used to be a teller at absa for 5 years, Dealing with customers was the best feeling ever.They enjoyed my service and they always recommended me of being effective and efficient.
Daily focus to delight our clients. Ensure growth by minimising losses and increasing sales achievements. Encourage Collaboration. Training and upskilling of staff.
Working for Absa is very good and challenging aswell but most importantly make sure you treat the customer fairly and in a respectable manner. Make sure you meet your daily targets.
I was doing my practically at ABSA becouse i was studying Banking service advice with Milpark under Letsema agency. They place me at absa Waltloo block B, and i was enjoying my self, Management was so supportive i wish i could get another opportunity to work again with them
The workplace is quite interesting but stressful most of the time. The staff collaboration is outstanding and teamwork is the priority while maintaining the company's value as the basis of all actions.
A typical day at work was challenging, w.r.t dealing with a very diverse society / client base but I enjoyed every minute of it. I loved and respected my clients. Management was great. I was respected, trusted and given the necessary support when needed. I have learnt a lot about people relations in a whole. The hardest part of the job is watching my colleagues go off for training and courses while I'm stagnating. The most enjoyable part of my job was the satisfaction of satisfying the most irate client's needs, while keeping all internal stakeholders happy at the same time.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
I can't think of any
Migrating customers to Atms Assits customers with all related queries. Handling of debit and credit cards by activating on the system with a pin number Handled debit and credit card fraud and losses. Handled the fica process by updating customers information on the systems with relavant
Good. Great culture. Team spirit is there at times. Colleauges are proud of their brand. Limitations regarding advancement or promotions. Limited access to education if not part of core task.
ABSA like any big bank is very high pressure and competitive environment. There are many departments offering learning opportunities. I was a bit disappointed when Barclays broke away as i was looking forward to the opportunities to work internationally.
I enjoyed everything about working for Absa bank limited, the management was great, we were not being micromanaged, we were given a fair chance to do our jobs and reach deadlines, i learnt a lot, I would work at Absa again given an opportunity.
I would love to join Absa Bank again but White monopoly pushed me out.I was working with Vehicle finance mitigating risk from customers and bad debt management.
It is always fun working here in a branch it can get hectic as sales is all you ever have to think of and our customers are very important to us . the work place itself is cultural and everyone gets along fine . the hardest part of my job is making a target making sales its challenging but its also fun . the enjoyable part of my job is helping people and making banking easier and simpler .
Pros
managing yourself
Cons
coming late and being in trouble
If given a chance, I'd go back, as my skills were sharpened by ABSA and am the most admired employee. I've learned different roles and responsibilities and made sure I performed to the best of my ability and scooped a number of performance accolades. Based on my excellent performance from the day I had started, I never got affected by any restructuring, as most departmental managers wanted me within their respective departments. Although, the salary wasn't that good, I wanted to stay longer, but had to resign due to family relocation.
On the job training Relaxed atmosphere and wonderful people Growth is excellent Best nine years of experience I got working there. Team building activities always
I started at absa as they required person with a certain degree, however the amount of work asked of colleagues compared to the salary is ridiculous, especially when they require NQF 5 or higher.
I work well individually as well,I have good listening skills and communication skills.I have good telephone manner and computer skills,very organized and disciplined afraid of challenges and willing to learn more. I have learned a lot and have because a person who is or have time management skills,I have more knowledge with most systems that required to many financial institutions
  1. Employee Reviews