ABSA BANK LIMITED

ABSA BANK LIMITED Employee Reviews in Cape Town, Western Cape

Cape Town, Western Cape10 reviews
5,0
It is always fun working here in a branch it can get hectic as sales is all you ever have to think of and our customers are very important to us . the work place itself is cultural and everyone gets along fine . the hardest part of my job is making a target making sales its challenging but its also fun . the enjoyable part of my job is helping people and making banking easier and simpler .
Pros
managing yourself
Cons
coming late and being in trouble
4,0
I have learn how to evolve with different projects . Systems and that there is growth and opportunity within myself and the organisation / Strong management team that motives
Pros
if you came early to work, you can leave early
Cons
different projects
2,0
Absa Bank Ltd does not care about their employees or even their clients as proven by the way they do business for the last 22 years. They cannot even get the basics right. Employees working for this company have personal life issues or relationship failures at least once somewhere in their career. They expect everything with the very basic and limited resources they have and do not care how it affect the client facing staff.
Pros
Cons
Bad reputation - ashamed to tell people you work for Absa Bank.
4,0
The people of Absa makes Absa, they are resilient, loyal and proud of the brand. I learned to perform and achieve results through people, by enabling and empowering them. The workplace culture is value driven , guided by respect, integrity, customer service excellence and respect. The hardest part of the job is to compete in the market with a lot of regulatory constraints The most enjoyable part was celebrating our achievements!.
Pros
Resilience to change
Cons
Highly regulated
4,0
Always busy, shortage of staff and always take short lunches Working under pressure Fair Work comes first not balancing Not balancing Foreign exchange Customer service
Pros
Company benefits
Cons
Work under pressure, shortage of staff
4,0
Absa, like other financial institutions is highly regulated and rigid because it has to adhere to legislative requirements. Irrespective of compliance, it is an interesting organisation to work for with many growth opportunities if you are hardworking. Their skills development courses were excellent. Although working hours were from 8, many choose to start earlier to get through the day's work - so did I and worked late to ensure deadlines are met. Most times this was appreciated, other times it may be taken for granted as the norm. this impacted work/life balance. The hardest part was trying to satisfy customers/stakeholders (internally), especially when there is only one of you in the region. e.g. Regional Communications Manager. I experienced power struggles, personality clashes among colleagues that at times negatively impacted the culture. This was not dominant though. One could still thrive and progress and achieve. Absa invested in its people. I enjoyed the variety of tasks within my various portfolios. I count myself fortunate to have been granted all the opportunities to build my career over the 23 years.
Pros
Career prospects, skills development, experience
Cons
Workload, lack of support at times
5,0
I wish i could work for the company again and i wish i could be successful in the industy because thats what i love and want in life as it my passion
Pros
They are very friendly to their stuff members, and they always make sure that their staff are always happy by giving some freebees like lunch
Cons
The ours are awesome and managable
3,0
I worked with a great team in a high stress and target driven environment.Carried a number of responsibilities as I worked in a small team which meant that I had to open and close the bank which was also very risky.If any of the tellers did not balance then I had to work late.I was the only consultant so I could only get off one saturday per month.When I raised concerned about my low salary compared to my other coleagues in same position it fell on deaf ears.
Pros
Great training facilities
Cons
Low salary
4,0
I would like to work for absa again their customer service is excellent i believe in working for a winning bank. I do know the policies and procedures as well.
Pros
When you go in training meals is privided
Cons
Na
5,0
Everyday has new and exciting challenges. I have learned to manage my time correctly, how to be most productive and skills in different areas. Management is respective and reasonable according to policy. The job does not have hardest parts but challenges that you overcome. The most enjoyable is new challenges and changes that you learn from and that you continually grow and develop yourself.
Pros
confidential
Cons
confidential