ABSA BANK LIMITED

ABSA BANK LIMITED Employee Reviews in Johannesburg, Gauteng

Johannesburg, Gauteng31 reviews
5,0
Collaborate team. High level of information sharing meaning good socialization into the organization. Employees very friendly and high level of team work and knowledge sharing amongst colleagues. Good market related salary offered to employees.
5,0
Migrating customers to Atms Assits customers with all related queries. Handling of debit and credit cards by activating on the system with a pin number Handled debit and credit card fraud and losses. Handled the fica process by updating customers information on the systems with relavant
5,0
I enjoyed everything about working for Absa bank limited, the management was great, we were not being micromanaged, we were given a fair chance to do our jobs and reach deadlines, i learnt a lot, I would work at Absa again given an opportunity.
5,0
Absa Equiped me for the tasks they wanted me to perform, so i had a lot of training in different sftwares.the management is always involved in what is done by imployess, that way they help where they can. the workplace culture is assist where you can, the bank works like a well oiled machine.
5,0
Great company! ... A company is a subjective place and you have to have the right personality that fits the organization. It may have worked for me but may not work for you.
Pros
Free lunches
3,0
If you're lucky enough to get permanent employment, it would be a great place to work. However, if you are on a fixed-term contract, management tends to forget to motivate for budget for contract extensions.
Pros
Canteen, Working hours, facilities
Cons
Lack of long-term planning for contractors
4,0
In general Absa is a great place to work. In my current position I've grown tremendously in terms of analytical thinking and Excel. The workplace culture is friendly and productive, and our HR team is in the habit of sharing knowledge. In my opinion, the hardest part of most jobs is the uncertainty of the future in terms of the current volatile economic climate. What I really enjoy and appreciate about my job is the fact that I'm able to work from home. The time I would have spent in traffic, is now spent being productive and working. I am currently in the market for a permanent position in the HR environment and would consider any suitable office-based positions.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Uncertainty in the job market
4,0
Work hard, sometimes get recognized. High pressure work but always striving to be the number one bank in South Africa. Some of the best IT skills in the country.
3,0
Absa has one of the best graduate programme's for new joiners into the workplace. They have ensure adequate investment into their talent pool and have provided sufficient training programs for these individuals.
Pros
Good graduate programme
Cons
Succession planning needs work
5,0
My day starts with a meeting and plan my day. It is important to plan your day so that you don't have to run around looking for sales. Look at my diary and appointments, if I have them I would call my clients and confirm our appointment. I have leaned to respect my clients not only because they paid my salary but also because I was solutioning their lifes, they came to the bank with problems and leave with solutions and that made m happy.The hardest thing about my job was when I was unable to assist customers and they would leave the bank with sad faces.most enjoyable was when I could assist my customers and also make sales for my targets.
Pros
Staff trainings
Cons
working on saturdays
5,0
Great company to work for and it allows you to grow interms of your career and personally.They also provide opportunities to continue with studies and to further improve your life witch is amazing
Pros
Personal assistance
Cons
Bonuses
5,0
I am a very hard working person, fast learner, don't need any supervision. Meeting deadlines is my main focus and I love challenges. Helping clients is what I do best, and to ensure that client is happy and satisfied.
Pros
Team buildings
5,0
Absa Bank is like an academy it's the place to be, management and strategy are hard workers Absa has tought me the corporate world and the understanding of the economy
Cons
Working hard
1,0
It is very challenging to work in this organisation, the hours are very long, the performance system is unfair and biased, the management are not qualified, the culture is very unfriendly.
4,0
Planing ahead and what is expected Customer service Management support Team work Long and busy day Achieving your goal and seeing the customers happy
Pros
Being acknowledge
5,0
At my place of work, we operate in an open planned floor. Where staff and managers, are all easily accessible to each other. There is a lot to learn, but once mastered, challenges lessen and it becomes boring, having to do the same thing over and over everyday.
Pros
Great location in relation to my family home (Auckland Park).
Cons
75% of the months work is all received during the last week of the month.
4,0
In light of my knowledge and experience in Banking and Customer service, I feel I would be a good asset to the company. I have put measures in place to easily assist me in identifying possible fraudulent activities through the monitoring of accounts. I am a dependable individual. I always put the customer’s needs first, willing to go the extra mile for all customers. I am reliable, always looking for ways to improving customer service and I have earned a reputation as a creative problem solver. The opportunity presented here excites me. My substantial experience will help me to know how to approach similar situations. I am not afraid to seek advice relating to the job role and accept criticism from others to help me grow. One of my major strengths is my ability to work hard and I work well individually and in a team. Once I make a decision to accomplish something, it gets done and to the best of my ability I bring an additional quality that makes me the best person for the job because of my passion for excellence. I am committed to producing truly world class results and customer service.
Pros
Work flexi hours.
Cons
Long hours at times.
4,0
A typical day work would include proceccesing payment and clients documents, book deals for clients, ensure documents are correct and signed by relevant parties I've received training on anti money laundering, sanctions, anti bribery and corruption. The hardest part was all the tests we had to take for anti money laundering and other training received The most enjoyable part were the team building activities
3,0
I have a problem with management who has an element of favoritism and lack of motivation for staff. I truly loved my job at Business Bank, but the level of favoritism was a bit too much to accept and deal with.
Pros
Bonuses a different times of the year were encouraging
Cons
Favouritism
5,0
Good company with good benefit and productive company hard working and respect integrity good service. Study opportunity and time out for teambuilding and performance awards so it's a good company to work on left because of growth doing different work and continue with my studies
Pros
Overtime teambuilding and Christmas party
Cons
Normal hour
3,0
Provide assistance and guidance to staff within Retail and Business bank on requirements to the AML policy. Ensure that process and policy requirements are being adhered to. Adequate controls to be in place in complying with requirements. Ensure Quality assurance on all submissions prior to senior management signing
Pros
Staff rates on financing
Cons
Growth opportunities