ABSA BANK LIMITED

ABSA BANK LIMITED Employee Reviews in Pretoria, Gauteng

5,0
I would love to join Absa Bank again but White monopoly pushed me out.I was working with Vehicle finance mitigating risk from customers and bad debt management.
3,0
I work well individually as well,I have good listening skills and communication skills.I have good telephone manner and computer skills,very organized and disciplined afraid of challenges and willing to learn more. I have learned a lot and have because a person who is or have time management skills,I have more knowledge with most systems that required to many financial institutions
4,0
Absa can be the fun environment to work at,but sometimes managers tend to bring personal affairs or problems at work,and we as employees have to feel the heat
Pros
Only when ques are long
Cons
Hours are good
5,0
Very good company to work for. Good employee development Enjoyed helping client preparing for thier loved ones in case they pass on. Working in a diverse team was always good
Pros
Career development
Cons
Sometimes working without taking a break
3,0
A typical work day would be work, work, work. The on-boarding process is very urgent as clients need their account to be opened as soon as possible. With the FICA requirements being so stringent there were always information outstanding or clients not willing to provide or didn't understand why the information was required. Management didn't always understand reasons for a case taking so long to on-board as for above mentioned reasons. Sometimes we absolutely had to made time for bonding (fun). Culture in the workplace was no room for errors. Enjoyable part of the job was satisfied clients.
Pros
Work satisfaction
Cons
Long hours (including weekends) and pressure
4,0
I have worked for ABSA for more that 20 years and every year were a great year. Sometimes there were difficult task to complete and tight deadlines, fortunately I were surrounded with a great team of colleagues and managers which made us to complete these tasks with a smile. Working for ABSA were beneficial for me as they contributed to my medical and pension fund.
1,0
I am a Bulk Teller and Treasury custodian and also assist the forex consultants when needed. To work in Bulk require a lot of excellent consentration but i am very good in my work. I am a loyal hard working person and a fast learner. If i can get a possible job in a sector like hospital where i can work with my hands, it will be much appreciated.
Pros
sometimes free burger
5,0
I truly enjoyed the corporate environment within the bank and have missed such the past 12 years. Dealing with credit card fraud was very challenging.
Pros
Working with senior corporates within the division
Cons
I have battled to keep my emotions in tact, concerning fraudsters.
2,0
It is a fun and open environment, always busy trying to reach the desired target. Pressure on month ends. Working late night hours. Sometimes not taking lunch to put more time on the work
Pros
food offered only when working after 8PM
4,0
Great company to work for. Opportunity for growth is there. Offers free training. You get to learn more about the products it has to offer our clients and how to serve clients.
Pros
Free training
Cons
Number of staff is low
5,0
Great formal place to work and give great opportunities to enchance your skills. Great opportunity to grow in the company and be on of the greatest .
Pros
good formal environment
Cons
salary wasnt to great
4,0
I was doing the taxi application taxi choice it was very difficult SAP down when I have to I couldn't score due to sold to party error but I manage to pull through with the assistance of other's. What I learn is SLA service level agreement it's important.
4,0
get to processe clients transaction and treasury work, i have learned how patient i am, my co-workers are very fun people to work with,