ABSA BANK LIMITED

ABSA BANK LIMITED Employee Reviews for Sales Consultant

At ABSA I was a leaner sent by my college to do work base experience since it was my final year for business management certificate (NCV) I was there for a week which is 7days to observe all the processes on how thing are done at ABSA and it was very exciting since it wa my first time being in a big cooperate environment, I gave all my ability to what were deligated to me after my observation and I'm happy about my outcome it was perfect.
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Not allowed to hang out with client as the queue is always very long
If you looking for a career as a white male dont bother applying here. You will be told blatantly that you wont get further than a point because your white.
Pros
Its a bank
Cons
Inequality
My job is to solution clients with the right products, my day overall is to assist clients with there financial needs, solve enquiries they have. You learn something new every day as the sysem constantly chages. You just have to stay on track. TTelling a client he does not qualify for something.
Going out to different places looking for new business, maintaining of existing clients .promoting of new product to clients meeting with different cultural people and clients and also colleagues. Working well with a team towards a Common goal which is reaching our targets and taking our company to the next level
Pros
Educational trainings
I wish i could work for the company again and i wish i could be successful in the industy because thats what i love and want in life as it my passion
Pros
They are very friendly to their stuff members, and they always make sure that their staff are always happy by giving some freebees like lunch
Cons
The ours are awesome and managable
I worked with a great team in a high stress and target driven environment.Carried a number of responsibilities as I worked in a small team which meant that I had to open and close the bank which was also very risky.If any of the tellers did not balance then I had to work late.I was the only consultant so I could only get off one saturday per month.When I raised concerned about my low salary compared to my other coleagues in same position it fell on deaf ears.
Pros
Great training facilities
Cons
Low salary
An 8 to 5 job which can extent depending on the volume of cliënts per day, overtime is not always compensated. Worked in all different departments in Retail Banking from investments, loans, transactional banking to estate planning. Management in Absa is managing the employees, not leading because they are not update with groundlevel. Employees work to cover their backs and not always cliënt friendly. Meeting a target just to find the target is increased as soon as you reach it, in other words shifting the goalpost all the time. Cliënt satisfaction and appreciation when product or service is succesfully provided.
Pros
A stepping stone to learn for a better job.
Cons
Salary, working hours and weak promotion opertunities.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ABSA BANK LIMITED?