Absa Group Limited

Absa Group Limited Employee Reviews

South Africa1,183 reviews

Found 1,183 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,222 reviews

Good place to start your career

A great company to start a career. It’s very fast-paced and you get to deal with a variety of different people - both good and bad. It’s a highly competitive work environment that can easily be interpreted as toxic but it does prepare you for anything and everything.Definitely teaches one to be thick-skinned while also giving great exposure to different technical subject matter.

Pros

Learning opportunity

Cons

Stif/ cut-throat work environment

Stressful

Not a nice company to work for,very stressful when you are in one role they expect you to do more than one person's job,it's really not fair xnd definitely not a nice place to go to

Pros

Non

good

good no easy work learning cultureWork is not hard to do its easy with nice work life balanceWorked shifts when requiredManagement is supportivePay is good

Productive and Fast paced and Fun place

Great working environment and culture. Great people willing to help.Frirndly Evironment and very clean .Organizationed place. Always up to date to all.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Flexible hours

An eco friendly well mannered company.

I was an employee at Absa about 5 years back and I will always remember Absa as being the best company I have worked for. Unfortunately due to the relocation in provinces, I wasn't able to take the opportunity but I had good, productive meaningful years at Absa. The staff and management where truly on par with with ethic and culture and given the opportunity I would work for Barclays Absa any day.

Pros

Choclates from CEO at meetings

Support Sales clerk

I was working as a sales clerk and supporting branch with ATM an even in Branch Optimisation sales. I do love at this company because I learnt how to work with multi cultural groups and also to work under pressure.

Pros

My own lunch

Cons

Business hours

Heavenly working environment

I really loved working for Absa Group.. My dream is to get back as our contract was cut short.I have been applying and really hoping I get something.

Pros

Excellent working environment

Cons

Salary not good if your are working for another company and on commission

They are working atics are good they have term building every Monday and Wednesday .you get experience because your co workers helps. They have go training an welcoming spirits

Pros

Free lunchs

Cons

8 hours

Absa for me was the best company to work for with huge opportunities for growth, work life balance was great and amazing working environment.

Absa for me was the best place to work in, I enjoyed serving the clients at customer service, it was a wonderful experience, the work life balance was amazing, I had a wonderful line manager who was always willing to help and till this day, I wish I could find myself working there once again but in a much better position than the one in which I was.

Pros

Opportunity for growth and job security

Cons

Dealing with irritating and dissatisfied customers

It all depends on you as individual how you take this on. Lots of fun but stress as well

Absa is one of the best companies to work for, but I've there long enough to also know that it can also become a very unhealthy environment if you dont look out for yourself. I've seen alot of my colleagues developed stress and sicknesses related to stress because of issues that management does not solve. Especially the small branches is overlooked and BM's struggle alot with less or no staff for months and the same amount of work for full staff is still required. And I think they stopped bringing the struggles up because it is as if they are not heard. But overall it is a great company to work for and for your development.The launches was always the best

Pros

Suprise gifts and bonuses

Cons

Long hours and insufficient staff

fun playing games

productive and fun solving customer enquiries I am results driven; going an extra mile in achieving the desired results is my primary motivation. I ensure that I take pride in my work and I’m able to help the organization I am working for win by having sound time management skills and being able to work flexible hours, independently and in a team. Strong administrative skills learned from past and current role/s have enabled me to have high attention to detail which in return makes working with me a pleasant experience. Honest and reliable individual, which allows me to be discreet and keep confidentiality at all times.

Pros

no free lunches

Cons

no long hours

Manager

Absa is still trying very hard to come into the current ways of working and to align its people to modern business strategies but unfortunately still has a long way to go on colleague experience and thus impacting the customer experience.

Pros

Incredible employee benefits

Cons

Poor middle to upper management

Productive , lots of fun and great opportunities.

A great environment., opportunities for growth.Benefits like medical Aid, pension fund,no service charges.Year end parties and bonuses.Half days off or incentives .

Pros

Paid over time

Cons

Difficult clients.

Productive and fun

Great experience and growth in customer understanding also helps you in how to manage your finances as you are exposed in such environments so it is good

Pros

Free bank chargers

Cons

Salary increase based on year performances

Awesome work place

It is a company that understands that an employee is a very valuable asset You are not just a number but the business is because you are It has great values and great management

Pros

Free lunch, shopping vouchers

Cons

Fast paced yet chilled environment

Productive and Fun

Plenty of opportunities to grow and learn within the business Friendly colleagues to work withThe canteen was the best place for foodI loved the Corporate Set - Up to work in

Pros

Lunch coupon once a month for work well done

Cons

day Off for extra effort provided

Productive team collaboration

Collaborative, vibrant, fun, self development. Lots of support and training. Self development. Opportunity to grow. Managers support. Policies and procedures good.

Pros

Promotion promotional items, soccer tickets, lunches, functions, team outings, team buildings

Cons

Hard work, target driven

Fun, challenging and enjoyable

Work culture that promotes wellbeing and career advances of their employees. The company perks are excellent. Medical insurance, Life insurance and pension are all standard for full-time employees.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Private

Fun and hard work

Absa was the best place I ever worked for. They push you to your limits to get the best out of you as an employee. I miss working for them and my biggest wish is to go back. With all the hard work of every day you also have fun. Fun as a team aswell as fun all together with all the employees. Everydays hard work will be challanged against the previous days work... it was awesome. With the right people and the best managament, we were the best team ever.

Pros

I could being my son to work on Saturdays when I had to work.

Cons

Extra hard work near month end to push for target and also to get the best turn around times.

productive

morning meeting and briefing by the branch manager, processing of new business and handling off of clients enquiries and problemslearnt all aspects within the banking environment such as tellers, credit department, consulting clients and working at the front desk interacting with new people and strengthening existing relationships. the hardest part was not being able to assist clients on the spot with challenging aspects such as unauthorised debits and deductions on their accounts. certain queries had to be escalated to Head office. The most enjoyable part was interacting with different cultures, ages and races of people. to be able to help and assist in a quick, efficient and professional manner so that the client walks out smiling and satisfied and to always remember that you are the FACE and IMAGE of ABSA Bank.

Pros

Understanding personnel and management

Cons

Working weekends

Productive and fun workplace

I had a great time working there. I learnt a lot about customer care services. I learnt how to navigate inside a customer's account using IMSP (Intergrated Management Systems Program). Scripts were provided for phone lines and emails in order to make the tasks easier for us and to properly assist customers. I would not mind working there again.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absa Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Absa Group Limited