Absa Group Limited

South Africa1 207 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 1 207 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 252 reviews

Fast-paced productive place

I learned a lot about the business very quickly. I worked in a team that had an innovative and entrepreneurial spirit. The working hours could often be very long and deadlines were very tight.

Pros

Lots of on the job learning

Productive and Fun

The best company to work for. Very professional with flexible hours. Month end can get extremely busy, submitting of reports and all but the Colleagues are extremely helpful.

Pros

Free lunch and flexible hours

Flexible Working Hours & Hybrid Model

They are hybrid and also flexible in terms of working hours. There is skills development in place. Employees also benefit from the discounted banking fees.

Pros

Excellent working conditions, salary and bonuses are good.

Cons

No succession plan, lots of unskilled people at higher levels

Not a good place to work for. You don't get what they promise

Not a good place to work for. You don't get what they promise. Always push the AA Down your throat. The head Office is in the worst part of JHB, And then you are forced to work late hours. When I retired, not even a thank you.

Fast paced environment

Productive and fun working place , there is a lot of opportunities to grow , to have experience at Absa . And working at Absa I can say it is a chance to learn working with people. As I was working with a lot of people.

Competition of ABSA Guru I love it it taught me know my product and other department.

Before we worked hard the was long que payment too little. In provement now yes ,client serve them self no more long que. Management never recognise employees who worked extra mile, e.g. working with pick staff never got employed but they work hard. Too much protective of permanent staff than pick staff. Enjoyable moment reaching sales target, learning new things every day.

Productive, fun place to be

great work culture, great management, great benefits, great work environment. I really enjoyed working for this company and I would do anything to go back.

Great Company

Lots of fun and travelling. great fast paced culture. loved working with people from all walks of life and races. very fast paced, great skills and good benefits

Great technology stack and ample opportunity to learn new tech

Absa has changed drastically over the years. Their tech stack is on par with the best. unlimited Udemy training help you stay up to date and on top of changes.

Pros

Competitive salaries, great tech

Cons

Fast paced environment, you need to stay up to date with training

Productive and fun

Absa is a very good company to work for, with great staff benefits. The company offers good learning platforms and friendly managers. Amazing rates for things like buying a house or car

Fun when you’re young

The job I’m in is a shift environment. Good pay for a young person but no time to spend your money as you are always working. Good benefits but if you want time to yourself would not recommend

It is definitely a productive environment that promotes personal development,growth and Diversity.I'm proud to have been part of the group, there is so many opportunities to grow in any career you aspire.What I like the most is discipline in terms of productivity and people's management.

Fun place

Fun place to work in south africa. Good managers.Learning opportunities.Casual dress code. 8 to 5 job. No over time .Paid leave of 21 days. 10 sick leave anyear

Fun collaborative

It is collaborative environment and the work culture is amazing especially in regards to hybrid ways of work. I would recommend working here to my family and friends

Pros

Work life balance

Enjoyable

Lots of opportunity to learn and to network.Training is always available for those who put their hands up.the Bank is also huge so you will mostly likely find what suits you

A place to work

Good place to start career, progression is tricky. Make sure you have good networks to not get stuck. Putting your head down won't guarantee success, you need to know people.

I enjoy working for Absa as it balances work and family

•The company has implemented processes and actions that are consistent, accountable, transparent, and auditable;•Maintain good record keeping;•Maintain audit trail;•Equity in decision making;•They have clear, honest communication;•They independent checks and approvals that can identify Risk issues;•Security and confidentiality of information.•Identifying and managing conflicts of interest whether actual, perceived, or potential..The company manages supplier risk as per policy and standards

Stressful environment

Very stressful and biased leaders. No growth potential unless you a candidate of EE. Not fair to all staff. Over work existing experienced staff because roles are filled as a result of EE and not skills needed for business growth. Wasted 2years at his organization. Culture is night and day compared to at the beginning of my career. Not a healthy environment.

Cons

Overworked to carry other EE candidates that are not carrying their weight.

Caring and supportive organisation

Absa was one best Corporate Company I ever worked for. The employer respect and look well after their employees in all areas. Development is the key in the company. It is very easy and fair to climb the ladder inside the company. Management is always supportive of career growth and development.

Fast paced and busy

Growth is there and opportunities to study are there as well. The environment is very fast paced and there culture needs a bit of work to it but its an ok company.

Great company

Great company to work for. Some days are challenging. Working hours are great. Salary is not too good. People are awesome to work with, management are great too

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absa Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 252 reviews