Absa Group Limited

Johannesburg, Gauteng318 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 318 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 238 reviews

Enjoyable

Lots of opportunity to learn and to network.Training is always available for those who put their hands up.the Bank is also huge so you will mostly likely find what suits you

I enjoy working for Absa as it balances work and family

•The company has implemented processes and actions that are consistent, accountable, transparent, and auditable;•Maintain good record keeping;•Maintain audit trail;•Equity in decision making;•They have clear, honest communication;•They independent checks and approvals that can identify Risk issues;•Security and confidentiality of information.•Identifying and managing conflicts of interest whether actual, perceived, or potential..The company manages supplier risk as per policy and standards

Fast paced and busy

Growth is there and opportunities to study are there as well. The environment is very fast paced and there culture needs a bit of work to it but its an ok company.

Fast paced environment, good compensation and benefits and great training/learning and development opportunities.

Fast paced environment, good compensation and benefits, great training/learning and development opportunities.I have grown as a professional and for the most part have enjoyed the quality of work. However the hours are often long and sometimes stressful.

Pros

Cons

Long hours No work life balance

BEST place

BEST environment, I would recommend anyone to work there.very competitive and productive company and the salary is competitive also compared to other banks.

Productive and Fast paced and Fun place

Great working environment and culture. Great people willing to help.Frirndly Evironment and very clean .Organizationed place. Always up to date to all.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Flexible hours

They are working atics are good they have term building every Monday and Wednesday .you get experience because your co workers helps. They have go training an welcoming spirits

Pros

Free lunchs

Cons

8 hours

Productive team collaboration

Collaborative, vibrant, fun, self development. Lots of support and training. Self development. Opportunity to grow. Managers support. Policies and procedures good.

Pros

Promotion promotional items, soccer tickets, lunches, functions, team outings, team buildings

Cons

Hard work, target driven

Fun, challenging and enjoyable

Work culture that promotes wellbeing and career advances of their employees. The company perks are excellent. Medical insurance, Life insurance and pension are all standard for full-time employees.

Pros

Flexible working hours

Cons

Private

Fun and hard work

Absa was the best place I ever worked for. They push you to your limits to get the best out of you as an employee. I miss working for them and my biggest wish is to go back. With all the hard work of every day you also have fun. Fun as a team aswell as fun all together with all the employees. Everydays hard work will be challanged against the previous days work... it was awesome. With the right people and the best managament, we were the best team ever.

Pros

I could being my son to work on Saturdays when I had to work.

Cons

Extra hard work near month end to push for target and also to get the best turn around times.

Productive and fun workplace

I had a great time working there. I learnt a lot about customer care services. I learnt how to navigate inside a customer's account using IMSP (Intergrated Management Systems Program). Scripts were provided for phone lines and emails in order to make the tasks easier for us and to properly assist customers. I would not mind working there again.

Energetic, Relaxed, Goal driven

Casual wear was a thing everyday. Learnt leadership skills, programming skills and team work. Management was relaxed, as long as we do our work at the end of the day, they didn't have an issue. Phoning Irate clients was the hardest part. The people I worked with were the most enjoyable part of working for Absa.

Good company

Handling of technical enquiries by clients telephonically Telephonically navigating clients with technical issues in relation with software and hardware

Pros

Non

Cons

Non

Need to know what role they hiring and get the correct person for that role.

When using contract houses make sure the agent has screened the candidates for the relevant position. ABSA has a tendency to micro manage their staff, we are all adults, trust the people that you hire and make sure they are the correct people for the correct role advertised. Stay away from favoritism amongst staff and treat people humanely!!!!

Great Environment

Absa has a great working environment and if you have a qualification the salary is fair. Excellent support system. Would definitely recommend absa ☺️

Pros

Relaxed and comfortable environment

Cons

Procrastination or too relaxed environment

Productive and collaborative environment

As a manager of employees I was responsible for planning, directing and overseeing the daily operations of the team. I develop professional relationships with stakeholders and respond to their requirements for advice, deliverables and counsel when required. Working alongside my colleagues to ensure timescales and quality was adhered to. There were always collaborative moments that took place regarding new products, services or advancements that will be taking place.

In my professional career I have developed a broad experience with banking applications, processes, policies, regulations, systems and culture.

• Build and maintain relationships with line role players by communicating regularly and working closely with them to elicit business requirements • Evaluate and recommend possible business solutions • Make assessments and produce feasibility analysis • Facilitate a project definition workshop in order to assist the project manager with the project scope and all the required documents • Consultation key stakeholders and/or a risk assessment workshop and develop risk mitigating action plans in agreement with the project Sponsor/Project Owner/Project Manager (PM)

Fast pasted always changes to deliver a better service to customers

I worked for Absa since December 1987 - November 2019 During my time working for Absa I moved around to a lot of departments to give me better view of the bank. The bank is a good place to explore and learn

Project Management

Responsible for the project planning, implementation and execution of Regulatory and Compliance projects within WIMI business: ● Manage all aspects of project planning, execution and implementation ● Manage stakeholder communications and project feedback ● Identify risks and collaborate with stakeholders to manage the mitigation of risks

People from certain racial groups are excluded, i don't mean black and white people, others

Working conditions are hostile where one gets set up by senior management and hr. Anti bullying policies are in place but not applied in the work place

Pros

Staff benefits

Cons

Unhealthy culture

I'm currently under restructuring process

It would be a pleasure for me to find a job in absa or any other banking Industry since iam affected by restructuring or retrenchment. I am a Matured.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absa Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 238 reviews