Absa Group Limited

South Africa131 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 131 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 238 reviews

Productive and fun workplace

I had a great time working there. I learnt a lot about customer care services. I learnt how to navigate inside a customer's account using IMSP (Intergrated Management Systems Program). Scripts were provided for phone lines and emails in order to make the tasks easier for us and to properly assist customers. I would not mind working there again.

Absa for me was the best company to work for with huge opportunities for growth, work life balance was great and amazing working environment.

Absa for me was the best place to work in, I enjoyed serving the clients at customer service, it was a wonderful experience, the work life balance was amazing, I had a wonderful line manager who was always willing to help and till this day, I wish I could find myself working there once again but in a much better position than the one in which I was.

Pros

Opportunity for growth and job security

Cons

Dealing with irritating and dissatisfied customers

Awesome work place

It is a company that understands that an employee is a very valuable asset You are not just a number but the business is because you are It has great values and great management

Pros

Free lunch, shopping vouchers

Cons

Fast paced yet chilled environment

Great company to work for

Great company to work for, benefits are great, you get the knowledge and experience you need. The work environment is great, always supportive. Team work is their motto.

Too centralised for mobility.

In the area I am currently the opportunity to grow lies in their hands that is in order for me to get Top position or pursue my career (HR Management) need to relocate to Head Office (Johannesburg)

Pros

Funding Education

Cons

Favoritism

Would love to work for Absa again

Learned a lot . Exciting to work face to face with clients . Even telephonically. Would not hesitate to go back and work there given the opportunity.

Stressful & Confusing

The workplace is very stressful and unhealthy. Top management is not aware of what is going on in the front line space and also does not prioritize the branch colleagues.

Company to work for

It's a professional business environment to work for , diversity is balanced, and skill development working for Absa was the best opportunity ever, 8 years experience was essential

I'm proud to work for Absa

The team as a whole has the spirit of achieving goals. They have the spirit of team work and we support, love each other and respect each ones opinion

Good

Professional services, teamwork, always looking for better opportunities, Client liaison Debiting cheque,s Processing journals Dealing with fraudulent account,s

Exceptional

I am a hard working person, I can be able to work under pressure, work as a team,with my previous working experience at Absa bank and my capabilities will be an added value to the financial institute.

Amazing company

Absa is the best company to work for believe me.I had an amazing time working there and they also encourage and support you when you want to study further and grow yourself.

No growth

Absa is a great company, but most of the front line staff we feel stuck under paid comparing with other banks most of us we don’t have property we can hardly buy new cars we have,

All is ok with unlimited terms and condition

I was satisfied until i had to start my business.unfortunately it failed. If I was to join again I would. The culture is very satisfactory and the team work is good.

productive workplace

Absa opens opportunities for people and the challenges are manageable. Pressure and deadlines are crucial and if you prioritise then its possible to overcome any challenge.

Pros

incentives

Fun place to work at.

Good company to work for. Productivity is the main focus and servicing the customer. Its a fun and professional environment. Good management structure.

Pros

Sometimes we do get free lunch or just snacks

Cons

Sometimes we work overtime because of the work load and targets keep on changing

Regret working here

Working at the absa branch is the worst ever, customers are rude to you, you work overtime and don't get paid for it, no recognition for good service, poor salary, poor working hours and shifts, no team building events, cheap Christmas parties, no time to socialize with colleagues, hard labour, being treated like a thief by management, I will never work for this company ever again, I don't recommend anyone working here, and if you do, GOOD LUCK, you going to need it.

Pros

No bank chargers

Cons

No breaks, working hours, salary

Long time ago

Too long ago to remember and in another country so really doesn't pertain to todays environment. First job out of college . Still learning about the postion.

Was intense working space where had to concentrate to not inconvenience client with your negligence. Was taught a lot in short space of time so that gave me confidence to be ready for workplace after learnership. Management was very strict but I understood the bigger picture.

Very productive and professional

Working at absa bank was was very productive with numerous training systems. I have learned a lot in this company more especially with its values and had lots of fun and interesting moments with customers and staff members. Indeed it was a life building journey and would really appreciate to come back and work for this company again.

Pros

Rewards

Cons

Absa branch is all about sales and fun.

My day starts with a meeting to discuss sales stats. Sales is the most impportant part of the bank. Very supportive management. Respect is very vital and the most important value. Walking the banking hall for most of the day. Talking to different people everyday.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absa Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 238 reviews

3,7 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,5 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,5 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
3,5 out of 5 stars for Management
3,8 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Absa Group Limited
  • Customer Service Representative
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?