Absa Group Limited

Absa Group Limited Pay & Benefits reviews: Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative130 reviews
South Africa130 reviews
4,0
Good company to work for. Productivity is the main focus and servicing the customer. Its a fun and professional environment. Good management structure.
Pros
Sometimes we do get free lunch or just snacks
Cons
Sometimes we work overtime because of the work load and targets keep on changing
5,0
Great company to work for, benefits are great, you get the knowledge and experience you need. The work environment is great, always supportive. Team work is their motto.
3,0
Working as a team,helping one another to have solutions,friendly environment we were like a family,accuracy was important. I was working under pressure at Treasury and I !managed that very well,but when I was sick or my child is sick I can't go to the doctor or take sick days at work coz there's no one to replace because were short staff,I have to come to work very sick
Pros
When we made target will get free lunch and the cover of the 15 minute lunch we took
Cons
15 minutes lunch when its very busy especially month end
1,0
Working at the absa branch is the worst ever, customers are rude to you, you work overtime and don't get paid for it, no recognition for good service, poor salary, poor working hours and shifts, no team building events, cheap Christmas parties, no time to socialize with colleagues, hard labour, being treated like a thief by management, I will never work for this company ever again, I don't recommend anyone working here, and if you do, GOOD LUCK, you going to need it.
Pros
No bank chargers
Cons
No breaks, working hours, salary
5,0
Absa has always been a great company to work for and plus their Employee benefits are exceptional.
No Banking fees ...Staff rates on bonds and finance products.
3,0
It is a good company to work for. management is great
Good working hours. nice uniform and friendly collegues.
The only problem is the salary,the more years you are in a role, the less you get paid. and is sooo sad
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Lot of pressure
4,0
This is the first company that taught me how to be professional, hardworking and customer oriented, this is where I learned people's skills, this is where I learned how to work under pressure, the only disadvantage was growth ,in order for someone to climb up the ladder, you were supposed to know someone in the higher position.
Benefits
Cons
No growth
4,0
it is a good company my contract was terminated
the hours was good and my salary was good to help my family as I was a bread winner at that time
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
nornal hours
5,0
Everything about absa was great, they give targets that van be met and they also have incentives. I never worked long hours and its the best company to work for.
3,0
A typical day at work would be stressful with all the policies and procedures that need following and constant looking over your shoulder.
What I have learned so far is that ownership of your actions and faults and taking responsibility is crucial to know. Working in a well-balanced and happy team, could only lead to productivity and a fun workplace. Working well with others and having a positive mindset is good keys to a good and healthy workplace.

My experience with my management is challenging. They expect too much in too little time. Most of my requests towards management has been rejects due to few reasons namely lack of staff. To me that is bad management.

We are working to find the winning formula on a good team but not all staff members are team players.

The hardest part of the job is not being appreciated for your time and effort. Also when you cannot assist someone because your hands are tied and actions limited

What I enjoy most of my job is being able to help others, especially receiving the satisfactory faces from clients after the service has met or surpassed their expectations.
Pros
Benefits eg. incentives
Cons
Short of staff
3,0
I worked as ABSA as a learnership candidate, so thus I never really had the opportunity to get feel of the company as a whole. However, I can say that it was very exciting and I learnt quite a lot from working at a bank. It being my first job, I learnt about the essential benefits of great customer service as well as financial responsibility.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Lack of development
2,0
The work load can be extremely stressful at times, management does not support you when you need support. Good work and commitment is not acknowledged. The staff morale is low, however I enjoy my work and enjoy building relationships with my clients as they are pleasant to work for.
Pros
Good working conditions
Cons
The salary increments and bonuses are low.
5,0
1. I love interacting with people and the bank I loved it most because I helped with their finances and introduced any new product and promotion that was there, because sometimes as people we can ignorant. I always looked forward to going to work

2. Management: We had a very good management, very supportive and understanding

3. At ABSA we were like a family even today , I still meet with my ex colleague for wedding , babyshower , etc.

Had to 7 days( after hour and still come to work the following morning ) 7 days a week 355 days a year, to make sure I get a better salary

5. Coming up with solution to help somebodyelse and I loved the fact that, because 90% of time I used to help clients resolve their financial problem, on the day that I couldn't or it was impossible for me to help them, they fully I understood. I build a rapport with my clients, after 10 years of leaving the bank , some of them stil recognize me when I meet them today. I learned how to speak corporate Afrikaans
Pros
We played lots of games and competition amongst teams
Cons
Had to work long hours for better salary
4,0
Working at an Absa Retail branch is interesting and definitely not predicatable. You need to work steady,accurately and fast. You have to be multi-skilled and have experience in dual roles,be able to keep your emotions in tact. Unfortunately overall recognition is hard and there is no growth. Your salary is not individually structured according to your qualifications and experience. Growth is definitely hard. Co-workers are great, when we meet up at training and road shows; ideas are shared because we all almost experience the same problems. Hardest part of the job is when a client shouts at you for another persons mistake. Enjoyable part is being exposed to the different types of complaints and problems and going home to see if you can make work better
Pros
Staff has no bank charges
Cons
Hard to get a promotion
5,0
Absa is a great organization with excellent benefits, I'll do anything to go back there and become a much bigger asset for them.
Pros
Constant training, No bank fees for employees.
Cons
Development opportunities were not there.
4,0
Challenging times at work are always met by a positive attitude, nothing is impossible to handle if you really want to solve it.
Pros
Staff benefits.
Cons
Huge workload.
5,0
I absolutely loved working for Absa and would love to again. I am who I am because of Absa.The working hours were long but it was enjoyable ad the colleagues made it more fun because of the team work we put in.
Pros
Free lunches
4,0
I worked very well with my colleagues at Absa, obviously with normal daily challenges
in general we were more efficient as a team
Pros
we received free lunch and breakfast whenever we reached our targets
Cons
having to call clients after hours
4,0
management interact directly wit their staff.Everyone is close with everyone;it's like a family.work is enjoyable and you get to interacts with different people on a daily basis
Pros
employe benefits
Cons
working on weekends
3,0
I learned to deal with people and that team work is great when all members are willing to participate. Working as temp but doing everything and more than permanent co-workers are willing to do for their salary. I enjoyed the levels and challenges I faced daily and I learned a lot , I would go back any day for a better offer.
Pros
workshops andd team building meetings
Cons
temping for a year, and unexplained contracting cancellation
sunday
doing slicing

was good

they were friendly

night shift

morning shift
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
8 hours