Absa Group Limited

Sales Consultant91 reviews
South Africa91 reviews

3,7Work-Life Balance

Found 91 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 239 reviews

They are working atics are good they have term building every Monday and Wednesday .you get experience because your co workers helps. They have go training an welcoming spirits

Pros

Free lunchs

Cons

8 hours

Challenging

It was a good experience working at Absa. One must learn to work under pressure and also be friendly but also honest. Working in a team environment was also helpful.

Pros

Free bank services and low interest on loans

Cons

Sales targets

Absa is a place to work and i like the culture.

working for Absa has been amazing for me.when i joined Absa i was from a very horrible place,management and staff made me to feel at home.The salary is also not bad..even though i feel they reward fairly i also feel like the salaries must be aligned to the cost of living of a particular place.

productive

this job demands more attention and concerntration it is fun at times and you get to be exposed to the real life situations, eg dealing with fraud cases. you get to learn a lot about the banking and financial industry. I have started to learn more on the selling strategies and noticing the selling point with every client I come across

Pros

keep focused

Cons

concerntrate on the client in front of you

It was tough but manageable

I learnt quite a lot while I was working there. I developed to be a better person. I now have gained experience when it comes to banking. I am confident that I will be able to work at any financial institution thanks to Absa

Working for Absa

I enjoyed it was very nice. The culture was OK we had target to reach every month. It's cool and challenging too but you need to work hard to reach the target

secure productive working place

you learn something new every day,about the job and people. You learn to work smarter and not harder.The workplace culture is one of respect and working together as a team with one goal in mind.Management knows the individuals strong and weak points and give support and guidance in each area.The hardest part of the job is to say goodbye to a colleague when they leave the company.The most enjoyable part of the job is a day where everybody did their personal best to get the job done and feel appreciated when management acknowledged it.

Managers position

I was a branch manager and as well a sales consultant. Management needs to be more in communication with staff I work very close to the clients and most off all the client is always right

Wonderful company to work for

Now that I am unemployed I realise how privileged I was to have had the chance to work for this company. Wish I could get back in. Benefits are awesome

Best company to work for

I love absa bank .very good company to work for.good benefits and training .I worked in all the components as teller, customer service clerk and sales

Great companny to work for, moving from 1 department to the next

Solving different problems all the time and dealing with different clients team work spirit, working with different racial group. no micro managing

Pros

insentives eg free tickets

Cons

no social life, sometimes work on Sundays

My day to day focus is to render an exceptional customet service I learned to work and deal with people of different cultures. Time management is very important to respect . My workplace culture is very enjoyable. The hardest part is when you tried to work very hard to reach your target, but still find your self with a shortfall. The most enoyable part of the job is to get recognition for doing the good job

Pros

bonus and incetives

Cons

long hours without being paid for

Absa is the go to bank.

Absa has taken me from a student to a veteran sales consultant. I would still love to work for the bank just not in retail. Customer is the first priority. The bank put in place systems that meet customers needs. It is a great place to work.

ABSA ushered me into the whole world of finances and taught me its basic dynamics.

As a Sales Consultant, one does a range of things and as such, is always busy assisting one customer for one product or another customer for another varying product. The frequency of business at ABSA was patchy and irregular, controlled by payroll cycles of the month of varying industries. Customer service is one lesson I took away from ABSA as well as the management the bank manifested. I thought that their overall management of the time was very impressive and cutting edge. Work place culture at ABSA can improve, although it was not unpalatable. The hardest part of the job was dealing with a long queue of customers awaiting one's assistance. The most enjoyable was witnessing a contented smile of a customer fulfilled by one's intervention in his or her problem, or even ordeal.

Pros

Strict financial learning one can absorb.

Cons

Unscheduled, prompt overtime announcements.

Sales and productive

I started as a teller in 2005 ,I worked myself up. Applied for treasure custodian, teller controller, customer service and sales consultant. I have all the expertise when it comes to customer service. I left the company for growth and wanted more challenges.

Pros

Learned more

Cons

Stable salary

Productive and busy place to work

Starting the day by seeing what needs to be attended to as per diary, if any call backs are required, assisting customers with bank related queries and giving advice on loan and savings products.

Flexible and hard work

Big company with a strong culture of being the best i whatever they do. This company focuses on the happiness of its staff and the set goals and targets.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Working material

Fun working environment and professional

Absa bank is a great employer. They work with integrity and they are very strict with the quality of work. They value their customers and treat each cutomer with respect. I learned great skills from them, and I acquired good quality and time management skills. Setting my goals (targets) and reaching them within a set time.

Pros

Normal Lunch hours

Cons

Sometimes long working hours

productive and fun work place

AWESOME work environment ,great team work ,the management is very good with their employees (great relationship) and very professional. fun to work for .

Pros

free lunches and snaks

Cons

high targets

retail branch

started as a sales consultant opening accounts loan applications etc so that branch can reach their targets, moved to enquires where i delt with administrations filling, handling cmplaints and investigations on clients financials training and educating clients of their banking and processes to make banking simple for them, assisted in branch administration and operations and security making sure that everything is up and running for branch to open and help clients, balanced the tellers and did cash counts at the end of the day, open and locking of the branch. Learned more about handling financies and working with irate customers, time management and filling.

Pros

free banking, prime rate on home loans, personal loans

Cons

sales targets were high on other months

Absa

For the past 10 years, I gained experience in all aspects of the banking industry. My long-term experience in the bank industry has taught me how to meet and exceed each customer's expectations with service that sells. I have assisted all types of customers in all types of settings. I realize that acquiring and maintaining loyal repeat business as well as spreading the word of your business through these loyal patrons is of the utmost importance in every company. Positioning a company for better exposure and greater marketability is a task that I have performed with success many times. My banking experience is extensive, having worked in different departments in ABSA. As a Branch Manager of ABSA, I was responsible for overseeing customer experience, customer complaints, well managed team, compliance and meeting sales targets. With my dedication, hard work and passion for client service, I believe that I could offer your business fresh perspective and innovative ideas in the competitive banking environment. Please review my enclosed resume. I would appreciate the opportunity to meet with you to discuss what I can offer to your business. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Absa Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 239 reviews