ABSOLUTE PETS

ABSOLUTE PETS Employee Reviews

South Africa16 reviews
4,0
I have learn more than what I expected, its is more challenging having a good management can make you see yourself having a good futere. I keep learning new things everyday
2,0
Don't take matters seriously, Blaise attitudes and they lie to you in your interview. Pay is average for the work, hours and long and tedious, no benefits
Pros
Good customers
Cons
Everything else
5,0
I'm Mfundo Yekanye in langa cape Town
I'm looking a job for code 14 with Prdp licence.

I get retrenchment in Pindulo VDM and I will send all documents for a proof

I thank you
3,0
Often short on staff, making daily runnings of the store busy and overwhelming.
Lots to learn in terms of product knowledge. Not much support from higher management.
Cons
Salary and little support from higher management
1,0
You often feel that you can easily be replaced. Management has favorites. They have high expectations for staff yet they don't make you feel appreciated. Commission sucks. They love watching staff on CCTV.
4,0
Very exciting, getting to learn more about animal nature, and life style, learning more about pet nutrients and different kind of medications... I learnt more and new things.... working at Absolute pets was a great experience
4,0
Great colleagues. Worked really well together. Obtained a Veterinary Nutrition certificate through the company. Most of the work days were really busy but of course there were quiet days as well.

Through Absolute Pets I gained knowledge on what pets require to maintain a healthy diet, what to do when a pet has fallen ill and what medication or treatment to recommend when a pet has an injury.

The hardest part of the job was the occasional angry clients and how to stay calm when they are angry.
2,0
The load of the work culture is character building, the management is supportive however the systems of the company put strain employee relationships.
Pros
consistent service and product training
Cons
long hours and salary cuts
5,0
a typical day at the store is basically come in clean, make orders for the day, open the store for business day and then help customers, receive deliveries etc while making sure all the admin stays up to date. Most of your team members will be really easy to get along with and will always be more than happy to help you, you get the odd man who is out to make everyone else miserable, but you get them everywhere. you may be surprised with puppy visits in a mall and you will see animals everyday if your branch has a parlor. most days are either a lot of fun or really boring depending on where you are based. just make sure your admin is meticulous and you communicate with your team and management when you are confused or made a mistake.
Pros
your team becomes your family, lots of fun, job security, occasional surprise visit with puppies, highest salary you will receive with the benefit of getting pet food at cost or for free.
Cons
long weird hours, work weekends, can be very stressful
4,0

Pros
Grooming Dogs
Cons
Safety Issues
4,0
You will get used to be part of the team. Coming in the morning and cleaning up and placing orders before you open the store. It eventually becomes the daily routine. Meeting up with customers and they do not trust you because you are new to them, but with time you get used to them and they too will be used to you. Creating customer relations at the point of you knowing their pets names and them showing you pictures of their pets that is enjoyable. Confronting grumpy customers who are always in a hurry and are not patient enough to wait for their turn to be served.
Pros
working shifts
Cons
weekend long hours
3,0
Working for this Company was the best experience of my life,
It was fun and i got to meet the most interesting people.

i got to work with dogs. pity they don't value there staff
Pros
working with dogs
Cons
undervalued
3,0
I love the people who work at this company, they are hardworking honest people.

The company is still through the growing pains.
Pros
The People
Cons
sometime long hours
3,0
I enjoyed my time at Absolute Pets. A fairly new company but is growing at a rapid speed. I do believe that the company has a lot of potential and will be a successful company
Pros
A friendly team and always going out of their way to assist their customers.
Cons
Company growing at a rapid speed and therefore i had to put in long hours to meet deadlines
3,0
A typical day at work will be helping customers with they problems/ general situations regarding they beloved animals.
What I've learned is that people are still unsure of how to buy for they animals.

I as manager always tried to keep me staff happy and motivated.

The hardest part of the job is when you hear all the sad stories about unwanted pets.

Most enjoyable part will be all the fun stories customer tells you about what they pets do and also to see your customer's happy face after you given him/her good advice regarding the pet.
Pros
Working with people
Cons
Working on weekends
3,0
i love working in this shop. love my manager, and head office staff. am able to have time with my son, and do my things
Pros
suppliers free-bees
benefits