ABSOLUTE PETS

ABSOLUTE PETS Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Sales Assistant5 reviews
South Africa5 reviews

Employees gossip like nobody's business

Employees form gossiping groups, The Team leaders who somehow feel like directors will make your time there a living hhel by overlooking your each and every single move yet ignoring their own (unless they like you or you part of their gossiping groups ofcourse) the directors tries however to make the workplace environment as happy and as family like as possible, the problem is the staff, if only they could reshuffle old staff

Pros

Free dog food and incentives

Cons

Carrying heavy bags daily, long boring weekend and holiday shifts, terrible staff

Not always fun

Often short on staff, making daily runnings of the store busy and overwhelming. Lots to learn in terms of product knowledge. Not much support from higher management.

Cons

Salary and little support from higher management

Productive and fun workplace

Great colleagues. Worked really well together. Obtained a Veterinary Nutrition certificate through the company. Most of the work days were really busy but of course there were quiet days as well. Through Absolute Pets I gained knowledge on what pets require to maintain a healthy diet, what to do when a pet has fallen ill and what medication or treatment to recommend when a pet has an injury. The hardest part of the job was the occasional angry clients and how to stay calm when they are angry.

No Growth Opportunities

The load of the work culture is character building, the management is supportive however the systems of the company put strain employee relationships.

Pros

consistent service and product training

Cons

long hours and salary cuts

it is an accommodating work place. the manager i work with is fun and understanding, caring and a well mannered

i love working in this shop. love my manager, and head office staff. am able to have time with my son, and do my things

Pros

suppliers free-bees

benefits

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ABSOLUTE PETS?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ABSOLUTE PETS. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5