Ackermans

Ackermans Employee Reviews

team work will make job done and communication.

ackermans is the is the best company standing as the best business that provide the best fashion clothing in the whole wild world,that need honest workers.

Pros

no free louches

Cons

It a good place to be funny and happiness

It was so nice to wake up each n every morning knowing that your going to meet your lovely staff member even the management team I learn lots of thing while I was there and it also give me the experience that I have because most of the task that we do each and everyday it a lesson it give you more of experience that it help you to another opportunity that to across you at work and all the staff we respect and love each other and management make sure each and every staff member they're treated us equally

Workplace culture

Working with any people an following the ackermans culture and make every customer happy because ackermans customer are the bosses of the business....

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

9hours

Fun workplace,constructive visits importants of treating customers to your level best

Challenging,fun and exciting.For potential groeth reasons very accomodative.Trains each and evry individual from casual workers to permanent wokers.Always encouraged to reach your fullest potential.

Pros

Free lunches, incentives and competitions

Cons

Long hours, energetic requirement, always stay professional

Productive n fun workplace

One needs to be alwys friendly torwads the castomers and alwys have a smile on your face, never be rude to a castomers and make sure as an cashier u alwys double check your change when giving back the change to a castomers n be sure of the money they gave you

Pros

U buy urself a lunch there's no free meal

Cons

Staff is overworked and underpaid

-Supervisors are disrespectful towards staff.-Hours are long and staff has to clean the store, restock items and be cashier's. It's exhausting.-There is always danger of being robbed (I guess it depends on the location)-To at least earn minimum wage, you have to do overtime as if the normal hours are not enough.-System is always offline. It's inconvenient for speedpoint payments -Staff have to take turns to shout in the sound system at customers for in-store deals. It's not fun for everyone.

Pros

Break times are fair

Cons

Too much work, little money

Being energetic and know what to sell or promote

I was working as salesperson opening company cards and knowing what to say at the right time.and opening policy for Holland working understand credico company. You have to know how to bug if the staff to help you. And being early from work.

Pros

You have to carry your own lunch box

Cons

Work from morning till noon and on holidays and weekends

It's was fun working there

I had a great time working there but the problem is that their is no grouth u stay in one position until forever. Most time whn their was positions available the next thing u will hear the management telling us they frozed the positions.

Pros

We get 1 hours lunch

Cons

Just ordinary hours

Is is really a funplace to be

Must be energetic Must be open mindedMust be willing and able to work Sundays and or Public Holidays Must be willing to work for 9 to 6 and sometimes willing to work night shifts

Productivity

We worked as team we support each other we assist customers on good manner we make sure that all stock is at floor no stock must be left at stock room

Pros

When we made monthly budget

Productive and great social culture

I absolutely loved working there- generally relaxed but driven at the same time. The team spirit was great and kept you wanting to do your best at all times. Management were hands on and always available for any issues you faced. They were hands on and very present.

Pros

Great job security

Cons

It was a eye opening and a busy fun business day evey working day

It was a eye opening and an fun productive business day. I learned a customer is always right and if not right is our job to makersure that it correct

Pros

Great advise

Cons

Too much stressers

Stressfull environment

It was a stressful environment to work in as I had a bad manager that hated to see me strive and work hard. Staff get treated unfairly by manager.There is no balance between work and personal life as you more at work then at home. We got no weekends off.The manager doesn't have a professional way of speaking to the staff. It would be a better environment if all the staff members worked as a team.

Pros

Bonus if the store reach the monthly target.

Cons

Got paid under minimum wage.

Productive and a lots of multi task

Nice place to be there because you learn to multi task even though it s very hard. But according to me it is very stressful to do lots of things in short time

Pros

Cons

Not really

No activities

I had good times working at Ackermans the experience was great I really learned a lot , I could recommend it to a friend and for the lessons thank you.

Pros

No lunches sometimes

Cons

From 8:am to 7pm

Challenging working environment

It is a exciting environment to be working at were they value their customers and striving to bring value in their customers and it is challenging to be part of Ackermans family because one need to versatile vibrant passionate self motivated individual and their environment requires one to be also effective and efficient.

Pros

Incentive top notched

Cons

Flexible

we do have Christmas partys and other events once a while l

I just wish at least the salary would have been at least R3000 for the flexi permanent, because The transport is expansive, and rent so at the end of the month at looks like your were working for rent and transport.

Pros

Well we get a free lunch if we are working nightshft

Cons

Long hours sometimes we did knock off very late and straggle to get a transport

Great growth opportunities

I worked for 10 years.It has high growth opportunities.Travelling opportunities are high and they fly you every year for an annual conferencešŸ˜.Great.

Pros

Free lunches

Fun

I enjoy working at Ackermans there is growth and we having soo much fun with my team when we nail our budget and stockloss there's good bonuses and incentives

Pros

Free lunches of your store has done great

Cons

Long hours during busy days

I really enjoyed working there,productivity on time perfect team work

You need to be reliable,on time,friendly and be productive to your job.Kniw that customers comes first and always right.Your work place must be neat and clean

Pros

When we've the target

Cons

When we do stock tacking

Stressful environment

That place can make you slave your life away with so little to support your family yet you're always at work. Always tired, doing everything but to get paid for being a cashier. Those were the worst months of my life, I don't regret quitting at all. Too much nepotism.

Pros

Incentives.......sometimes

Cons

Long hours with little pay, no life there

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ackermans. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Ackermans