Ackermans

Ackermans Employee Reviews

South Africa416 reviews

3,4Work-Life Balance

Nice place to work at

I would like to be given a chance to work at Ackerman's again because i have enjoyed working with customers easy to buy for i enjoyed a lot can work i

Productive an cultural

I personally have grown by working at ackerman's, being a padima has brought so much in my life so to cut things short it's very nice being at ackerman's...

Management needs to be reviewed

Nepotism and alot of gossip on Management Level.Hr needs a clean out especially at Centurion Office. More corruption in the HR Managers office than in local government.

Pros

Training, Friendly People

Friendly.

I was an assistant manager my duties was a floor manager.admin check all the paperwork.work on a sales floor for customer service.enccourage the staff to do best all the time sending hours for workers

Fun and experiencing work place

Ackermans is an amazing store with lots of opportunities and it teaches workers to be independent and have fun while working , it gives experiences . I was taught customer services how tp handle difficulty in a store .how to catch up nd manage tills , Ackermans is a store where employees are just like employers we work together as one .

Happy home

The love the stuff have for each other and for their customers is beautiful. The management treats their employees equal and listens to stuff queries

Tribalism, judgemental and favoritism

I was never happy with the working environment at Ackermans, the management would treat me bad and blame me for any errors occurred in my absence. You would be saved only if you were xhosa or zulu, they judge me for what i had for lunch and laugh about it, my salary was never equal to the hours i have worked, i worked with stress until i had to leave for another job.

The workplace is very neat

I learned a lot at ackermans I learned how to give a good service to the customersI also learned how to work with peopleI've learned how to push sales at the tillpoint

Mavlous company

When you enter Ackermans door you feel at home. That's how good their Employees behave. The company is good very considering for their employees. It will be an unfortunate if you make with a boring boss.

Pros

For good store visits.... Team gets launch money for relief. Internal promotion is very quick

Cons

They can't think for others in terms of transportation. They always abuse the knock off time

Productive and fun working environment it is easy to fit in that environment because they make you feel welcome

They grow you to become a better person and they wear clean uniforms that is representable to customer they have great customer service and always put customer first and always taking care of the staff they recognise you if you work hard and encourage you. Awlays encourage staff to work with passion and creativity and also smart.

It is fun place to work at but too stress full

It is a good company but the work load is too much and you do too many things you don't have a specific post you are all over the place I think they should start having cleaners

Pros

Yes when you reach your target

Cons

Very long

Productive and fun work place

I enjoyed working at Ackerman because of the working environment and my colleagues we were like one family and it's very fun my manager made everything easy and his a very patient man and even the company as a whole is a very productive environment that is save and employees are treated equally

Pros

Come with your own lunch

Cons

Short hours

It gave us a better way of communicating with different types of cultures and knowing the outside world of shopping with different catergories e.g site for ladies ,site for school uniform and cellphones .

Pros

Sometimes

Very stressful workplace

You are suppossed to cut cost as a manager. And on the other hand control stock loss. It is stressful because daily you need staff to work as a team in order to complete task. Rude management who will not give you courage but instead criticize you and threatens to fire everyone.The workload is too much.

Pros

Free tea Sales commission

Productive fun working place

Nice environment very friendly stuff to work with,just that they need to have cleaners because there is a lot to do and we end up leaving late most of the time.

Pros

Monthly incentives

Cons

Productive and learning more skills

It was fun working there. It was a good environment to work with and the staff was very helpful and welcoming. I've learnt a lot about the process and production quick because i am a fast learner and incredibly keen to work with them.

Pros

A little bit of incentive if more budget made in a month.

Cons

Short hours.

Unproductive no enjoyment

You leave the store very late and when you get home everyone is in their beds. You don't even get enough time to spend with when you from work. The time you get home they already slept

Pros

Yes depending on your hardworking

Cons

Long hours 9 hours sometimes

A good start for one's career

Sometimes challenging but generally manageable. It's a great company to kick start your career and gain industry experience. The people are friendly and helpful.

Pros

Incentives

Cons

Travelling

Keep customers happy

Do your job the best you can. Stay away from gossiping people. Treat your as you can treat your business. Respect your employers. Do your job well . Be a team player

Pros

Incentives if you made budget

Cons

Eight hour shift for shop Assistant

Working as a team a Ackermans was so great,fun and also improving for who you are day by day

Flexibility is one thing needed because Ackermans store is always busy and people love doing shoping.was a good pardima and always put our customers first even assist when coming to choose...shared ideas

Pros

Yes on holidays they were providing free lunch

Cons

Sometimes we had to knock out late because of busy.or when there will be inspectors

Face-paced, great exposure to retail industry

Working at Ackermans is just like any company you get your fun times and it sometimes takes you out of your comfort zone .There is always still.room for improvement .you can easily achieve targets and deadlines once you pace yourself.

Pros

Fun competitions with free lunch rewards

Cons

Long hours especially festive times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ackermans. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,4 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance