ACVV

ACVV Employee Reviews

South Africa13 reviews

2,6Work-Life Balance

Stressfull/ Fun work place

Emails, Planning, Meeting, Home visit and office visit. The client's is sometimes very difficult because of their circumstances but you try to give them tools to changes their situation.. Working with client's is important that you respect and human dignity, non discrimination and work with all races of people and the important of confidentially . I learned to not be so task centered and worked according the case is very urgent although each case is urgent but have it own merit and also learned to asked help when necessary. When you need to removed children but is in thew best interest of the child. When you can reunified the family and they changed because in every person is their strength and resiliency....

Good to gain experience.

Overall good place and management to learn from. Thank you for the opportunity. Also note that there are dogs, which are good for childrens development.

Pros

Interactive and resourceful.

Cons

Salary and no security.

Experience is satisfactory8

I started working as a social worker at ACVV. Im greatful because I have learnt a lot. Proffessional growth is amazing. It is an NGO with challenges but it is great

Flexible and rewarding workspace

I had the privilege to work at ACVV for close to 15 years as Social Auxiliary Worker. Always had great support from management, got along very well with colleagues who became more like family. My children who were both born within that time frame grew up in a diverse cultural environment that taught them many values in life due to being allowed to be involved in many outreaches within the community. Unfortunately, very low pay. Had Medical aid though and a pension fund that made it more worth while. Learned so much as there were many growth opportunities made available to us. This is not your average "dress up and go to work" environment, you sometimes have to be prepared to get your hand dirty, but we always did it as a team. You do need a passion for working within the NPO sector, as you won't be creating a future of wealth.

Pros

Very accommodating and understanding environment to work in

Cons

Very low pay

Fun workplace

Child protection organisation. Drive a lot local and long distance. doing home visits and delivering some letters sometimes. No direct management only supervisors. Depent on fundraising with getting payments. No benefits and security. Work enjoyable working outside but payment is the hardest part lack of increment for a long time. Learned a lot working independently and under pressure and to work with different types and levels of people.

Pros

shorter hours, good working environment, teamwork

Cons

no benefits, low income

Exhousting

No personal growth while I worked I knew I would stay at my position no matter how hard I worked. Good resources to work People not treated equally Management very face people Not fair and transparent

Pros

Good resources to work ..transport, laptops, phone, stationary etc.

Professional development and supervision great.

Great organisation to work for. Considered the best in child protection Good supervision. Be prepared to work very hard. Afternoon per month off. Training excellent.

Pros

Passion, organized professional culture.

Cons

Child protection work is extremely hard.

Employment with a lot of pressure.

Hard conditions with little resources available. Amazing surroundings in Riversdale with a warm community. The community's social problems consists of high drug and alcohol abuse and domestic violence, teenage pregnancy. The employment creates experience under high pressure with little support.

challenging and productive to

It is challanging and exciting. What i enjoy most is working with children and doing reviews md home visits Doing programmes and help with projects. My work im the first contact of the office.

Very Dangerous. The office is situated in a dangerous place next to a flat full of people that are practising all sort of unacceptable behaviour.

Too much statutory case No equipment to render the services effectively. The people are too negative when they hear the name "ersocial work". Management is good and supportive all the times. Very good. The hardest part about the job is that the previous social worker did everything half and I have to finish everything that she did and it is difficult because the client blame me for everything. The most enjoyable part of my job is that despite the difficulties I encounter I can still make a difference. The people I assisted see a difference between me and the previous social worker.

Pros

nothing

Cons

too much work

Productive work place

Typical work day do not sit and do nothing keep busy there is always work to be done. Co-workers acts as managers. most enjoyable part of the most enjoyable part of the work is when outside in community serving the peolpe.

Pros

Good hours

Cons

No lunch

a platform to learn each and everyday

Team work is important, Dealing with difficult clients everyday but to make a success of it is just to do your work. Focus on what you only must and can do. My concern is I often hear head office is going to close the place but the manager don't say it directly.

Pros

every month a half day

Cons

no, if you see youre clients weekends you get youre hours off

Fun to work there and a lot of job satisfaction

A lot of interviews with clients on a regular, scheduled basis and also doing home visits and writing reports on each individual case. I enjoy working with my fellow colleagues and management. Hardest part of my job is dealing with the children in need and taking them from their parents.(if necessary) Working with the elderly is the most enjoyable part of my job and most satisfactory.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ACVV. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,6 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance