AECI Limited

AECI Limited Employee Reviews

South Africa30 reviews
4,0
What I enjoyed about my job was the ability to remain relatively autonomous and manage my own practice. I enjoyed the ability to work on instrumental transactions with senior management.
1,0
Excellent work environment and everyday you learn something new.
Excellent benefits and the best medical aid.

Major potential to grow in all departments.
3,0
Excellent company to work for. High work pressure environment to meet customer deadlines. Safety awareness.
How to deal with conflict matters.

How to encourage my team to achieve for a common goal.
3,0
start with pre shift meeting to arrange work amongst workers and to know of the safety and quality consents. operate machinery and let your shift manager know of any breakdowns. report all breakdowns
Pros
overtimes
Cons
poor development
4,0
career growth, constructive progression, fun place to work, learn team work and being independent. healthy and good work environment and good management ethics.
4,0
I did not spend much time on this orgainisation but their workplace is great and they treat employees very well, nothing I can complain about regarding the treatment.
4,0
Looking for an Internal Auditor role where I can grow as a professional.

Experienced in public sector, private, mining and chemical and production.
Pros
Support career growth and studies
Cons
micromanagement
5,0
Worked for a period of 6 months per section while training as a fitter.
Learned a lot about different types of fasteners and application.

Together with assigned senior artisan learned and fixed a lot of different press machines. Very nice working environment and people in general.

Learned and fixed Conveyors, air conditions, hydraulic systems. pipe lines including water to steam pipes. fixed leaks, replaced worn pipes and flanges and any other component to be replaced in that pipe line.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
worked long hours
3,0
I did the creditors and later the overseas creditors. Worked a lot with foreign currencies. It is a Danish company who employed mainly Danish people and then later withdrew from South Africa
Pros
Learned new things
Cons
South Africans were not really treated very well
3,0
Treasury related environment global and nationally,paper driven environment and system driven.limited leisure time,time frame restricting environment.strict management.finance culture driven
Pros
flexiable
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at AECI Limited?
5,0
Here I learnt under pressure but my superiors never made me feel like i am inaqudate. We had alot of team building and their benefits are impeccable, fabulous place to work for.
Pros
lots of team buliding
Cons
can be pressurised
5,0
Preparing workshop for breakowns in Plant. Working with acids and chemicals. Good management and planning practice. Hard work but still have time to have laugh.
5,0
It has a strong transformation and change culture, because of it's international link one could say that growth opportunities and exposure to the international market is a possibility.

Strong HR leadership.
4,0
work starts from 8 till 4 in the afternoon . i learnt how the human resources department works and lot of experience in communication skills .the management was professional and good leaders and corperative .
Pros
experience
4,0
I like the day we solved the customer problem. I learned to work independently. The management is free and fair and easy to communicate with.
Pros
compliment
Cons
long hours work sometimes
4,0
A good institution to train and also create a good working and learning culture. High professional team of experts passionate about what they do.
Pros
Working culture and ethics
Cons
Job security
4,0
Although the disability transformation is still way behind, the company can be very productive if they improve, amongst other things, their transformation wing.
Pros
Friendly stuff and culture
Cons
Not that I can think off
4,0
though i spent short period with the company but i rate it highly in terms of working system they put in place for their employees. it really need one to survive in the company as its work it is very challenging and dangerous. safety it is priority if you want to make it.
Pros
break
Cons
shift
5,0
I enjoyed working at this company with my heart...i as unfortunately retrenched.I had lots of benefits as this was an overseas company and indeed they paid me a lot
Pros
Medical aid, lots of benefits
5,0
Excellent group to work for. I started by 6.30 am in the morning due to the traffic and left at 15.30. Co- workers at Chemfit are awesome to work with and go out of their way to assist when asked.I learnt Q Doc's at Chemfit which I had not known before.
A lot of paperwork and that was also another reason why I started earlier so that I could get through it all. I think the most difficult part was when they wanted another new account opened and expected it to be paid immediately which unfortunately as it is corporate it first has to be approved by management.

Lots of laughter during the day.
Pros
lunch on a Friday
Cons
Lack of communication
4,0
A production facility which allowed me to develop my managerial skills. Worked shifts in the early start of my career which was ideal and given me lots of time off.
Pros
Time off
Cons
Night shift working