Affinity Health Plan
3,3 out of 5 stars.

Affinity Health Plan Employee Reviews

3,3Work-Life Balance

Just a regular work place . nothing special.

weak management team. there are lot of executive holding position without proper knowledge and skills . Poor Management, poor team management, lack of accountability and responsibility by senior management team

Pros

Pro-employee HR department

Cons

Poor case management & Medicaid & Medicare beneficiary services

Interesting place to work.

You have numerous options to educate yourself to grow with the company. The benefits are good. Large network of physicians. Many opportunities to grow.

Supportive atmosphere

Management is vey knowledgeable, at least I can say that about the department I worked on. My Director was always willing to roll up her sleeve to help. Very respectful environment. I know at one point the company went through some bad changes but they have continued to grow.

Micromanagement

I enjoyed the work but the micromanagement sucked up too much of my time and energy. I not only had a supervisor, but ALL of the supervisors emailed me every half hour to remind me not to go to the bathroom. It was more of a job for prisoners than employees. Then one day a new management team came and swept off all the new employees to the unemployment line just to save a few bucks.

Pros

Free life insurance

Cons

Too many supervisors per 1 human, couldn’t go to the bathroom, overworked, no good pay

Productive and great co-workers

Most of Senior Management is knowledgeable and respectful. There have been a lot of changes to get the company where it is today. Bitter sweet, because now it is being sold.

Pros

Great staff, free parking.

Cons

Being sold

Great place for advancement.

I worked with Affinity sixteen years and left because of my commute to and from work, however, I love and miss working there. I learned so much from working there and I am forever grateful for the opportunity I was given at Affinity.

Pros

I would say Affinity caters to their employees.

Dedicated staff

Medical Management department lacks knowledgeable managers. The UM staff knows more about the work than they do. There is no growth there. Team is overwhelmed.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

UM management micro manage the team.

I feel relax and able to work stress free. There is no unnecessary politics in the work place.

The moment you enter the door at Affinity, the people treat you like family. They encourage you to work and give you the tools to succeed. I feel calm and relax to complete my work in a timely manner. If anything change, they would send an Alert Email and discuss it on the floor for better understanding. You do not feel left behind to figure things out. This only makes me want to work even harder for the company. I found a home away from home at Affinity.

Pros

management support, helpful tools, training, current updates, encouragement

Cons

no simple health plans for employees

Great Benefits

Great place to work. Benefits are excellent. Great health insurance, if you use their clinics , no copay. Matching 401 K. Cares about staff and patients.

fun

it is an okay place to work. i would recommend to anyone. fun place to work and advance your career. I would recommend the ceo as well. Lots of advancement opportunities

An interesting environment

I had the opportunity to work in the modern and beautiful Metro Center Atrium building. Very convenient to get lunch inside and outside of the building. Plenty of amenities including a local gym, Applebees, and Dunkin' Donuts right inside the building. Great cafeteria service. Nice offices and cubicle working areas. Plenty of lounge space to decompress when on your break including access to snacks, coffee machines, microwave, and refrigerator.Work for most of my tenure felt very much like "fly by the seat of your pants" or "make it up as we go along." There were expected policy changes due to changes in certain state requirements, however internal processes related to handling day to day work (authorizations, reviews, etc) are inconsistent. Established metrics for the completion of work remained in flux. One rule would be established and then at review time it would change to something else. Management MO changed from making staff accountable to finding ways to eliminate people and consolidate positions. This would lead to overwork and burnout (callouts, unplanned absences, etc) hiring temps that would stay for a bit then ask for a new assignment.I was fortunate to have great co-workers and a very knowledgeable, well tenured, flexible supervisor that understood she was leading team of human beings and not robots. Workplace culture had some minor improvements with attempts to do more training based on culture, etiquette, and self-help/improvement vs only job function. Overall, culture still grossly lacking as there continue to be large communication gaps from one department -

Pros

Improved job training, good marketing, customer service oriented, high level of community involvement

Cons

Poor work/life balance, micromanagement, high-turnover, inconsistent policies & metrics, lack of leadership continuity

Training is great, but the management is horrible

Affinity provided a great training session for you to get into the healthcare industry, especially medicaid. However, the management is horrible, from executive to team leader.

Micromanagement

Leadership in this company is very shady favoritism towards different ethnic backgrounds. When I first started they fired half the company within a week hired security in case it got ugly.

Pros

Co-workers are Awesome

Cons

Cheap healthcare, no growth

Very supportive environment

I am so grateful to work here because the company give an opportunity for me to work as much as I want and always provide me with work.The company always solve the problem we had on a field quickly.

Pros

Very supportive company

Stressful

Overworked. Long hours over 8. There are no breaks as you try to finish your work. Needs bonuses for the work being done. They Needs to hire more staff.

Management is very unprofessional and the stress they give the employees is so bad , new hires everyday and old employees fired or let go fast.

The company is so bad and they need to train there management. But the whole company is very unprofessional and they are always hiring new employees to let go of the once not making there numbers. McDonald's looks way better then this company.

Pros

Remotely after cov19

Cons

Pay sucks and stress

Horrible company dont work here !!

Do not work here you will regret it...HR puts up a facade as if they are nice they are horrible people from the hr department down to all the supervisors at customer service. the supervisors speak to you horribly as if your a child, you are questioned and timed if you even step into the bathroom for more than 5 minutes. no actual training to teach what you are doing you learn as you go figure it in your own.... just very disorganized no room for growth you will be stuck same pay no overtime no nothing!

Pros

Nice building next to la fitness free parking

Cons

Horrible pay, horrible management, no raise, no overtime

Fantastic starter company! Will nurture employees so they will never fail at their goals and achievements.

If you have a passion for people and are willing to take advantage of all the continual training they offer this is the place where you are MOST likely to achieve in all its aspects. They nurture your growth to succeed and are ever there to make sure you are ready to take on any task possible. If you enjoy working in a diverse atmosphere this is the place for you!!! Great company to work in!

A company that invest in their staff

Affinity Health Plan is a grass-root company rooted in the communities it serves. They continuously invest in the growth of their employees and their community partners.

Fun work place with interest in thewir employees

great place to work they have a lot of benefits. opportunity for growth is there . management listen's to your issues and deals with them.Provides you with technology to do your job.

Distrustful Organization

Hot Hot mess. Executive Management turnover is unbelievable. No consistency in the Vision. Hostile Toxic work environment. Was a really great place to work up until a year ago.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Affinity Health Plan. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,3 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,9 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,8 out of 5 stars for Management
3,1 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Affinity Health Plan
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?