AFGRI

AFGRI Employee Reviews

South Africa16 reviews
Nice working environment.
The location of the client is great

Easy access from highway

Great Technology platforms

Good team and culture

Stable Client

Innovative client
4,0
Good company to work for but my salary don't allow me to go live on my own and start a family. Otherwise it's good but the gap between some of the mechanics when it comes to salary is to big while doing the same work.
4,0
Good company good management they help people with many things but there's is one problem when it comes to courses they keep promising people and changed the date in last minutes
4,0
I spend 17 years at afgri and it is like a family business where there was always an open door policy. Hard work was seen and rewarding of all personal.
4,0
I am a Relationship Manager that is responsible for training mentoring and developing emerging farmers in AFGRI. I am the link between the emerging farmers and Agri.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
AFGRI has exposure to the anomalies of the weather which can affect the profitability of the company
5,0
Good company to work for but located in Bergville South Africa so a detailed review may not be of much use to job seekers on this website. I did find the company to be fair to its employees.
4,0
Doing 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support - challenges everyday.
Always something new to learn.

Management are fair but not always open about situations.

No growth at current position
2,0
It is an interesting company to work for. The layout of the offices is attracting, they offer market related salaries and their benefits as well are exciting. Management depends on who you report to.
Some Managers have leadership qualities whereas some are still not at that level
5,0
I love Working for AFGRI. They look very well after there workers and there Training is incredibly . I did my apprenticeship through them and I got my qualifications through there training department. Good company to work for.
4,0
grading of trucks, meeting new people all the time(truck drivers).
learn new things about grain. management is good cause we always uplift our co- workers and mass production out of them. keep your co-workers happy and they will take care of you. there is no hard part if you put your mind to it nothing is hard. chatting to co-workers helping solve problems.
Pros
not allowed to.
Cons
working long hours during season time
4,0
A day at work always starts good everyone was early at work to enjoy a cup off tea together and talk about everything and work was also in this way everyone that needed to know what is going on had the opportunity to catch up. and when there was a meeting it was always good and private stuff stayed like that and everyone communicated well so the day can go smoothly as possible. The hardest part was to give someone bad news or when a co worker refuses to be part of a good team, Everyday was a enjoyable day because I love working as a team and to serve my customers personally everyday and to go out of my way to try and help everyone I like to look everyday as a new beginning in life and at work,
Pros
humanity, good spirits and overtime medical aid and pension
Cons
was a long way to drive to get to work
4,0
a normal day konsists of grain managemant and the following
:dispach and receiving of grain

:handeling of stock

:upgraiding of stock

:stock taking

:co-ordenating staff

:reporting to head office

:handeling inquiries

:customer service

:quality controle
Pros
non
4,0
i love my occupation as it bring new challenge every day and investigating and solving problems regarding figures is my passion.
3,0
I would start the day checking emails, messages from the head office, credit notes etc. I would contact clients and other branches regarding credit notes, stock, ect. Learned plenty about working with the public and stock management. My co workers were kind, professional and hardworking dedicated people with problem solving abilities of note. The hardest part of the job was leaving due to relocation....I enjoyed every aspect of my job and was grateful everyday to have this job.
3,0
The days started very orginized, then its coffee and as soon as there is a client we help him as quick as prompt as possible. If done the 4 grading courses already, maize, sorghum, soyabeans and sunflower. Still have to do the Wheat grading course. The management at the silo are very friendly and understading. The people that I worked with was extreme friendly. The hardest part of the job was checking that everyone is doning their jobs. The most enjoyable part of the job was the phisycal grading of the different types of grain.
3,0
Days were long and often required 16 hours shifts making it hard. Managers were strict yet gave me lots of oppertunites to prove myself as acting silo manager. I learned alot as i have experience on recieving and dispaching slo
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
hectic amount of traveling