African Bank

African Bank Employee Reviews

South Africa441 reviews
3,0
there is a lot of changes and there is competition
we collect from clients who missed their installments and rehabilitate the accounts, we educate clients about the accounts and negotiate for payments. i have learned to be sympathetic because we all have different life circumstances. management at AB is easy to work with. The culture is "we are you" meaning we put ourselves in clients shoes. there are incentives for meeting certain criterias.
Pros
incentives
Cons
the changes that happen frequently
5,0
I like a challenge in my work environmentviromen
Going extra miles, putting myself into customers shoes, engage with customers, respect client decisions, pay attention to the customers and treat all customers fairly and equally
1,0
Favoritism Nepotism- Poor Management
Undermined
Favoritism

Nepotism

Promotion = Who you know

Micromanaging

Ignorant Managers

Employees never speak out about the issues they face.

Human Resource - Department never listens !
Learning
Very good company for learning and there is growth and very professional.
Good place well equipped financial service, with training provided and induction
Pros
Good environment to work and good people
Cons
Racism still exist
Ex-employee
I worked well under pressure, I was the top sales consultant, should I be offered to go back and work for African Bank I wouldn't hesitate and go back in a flash we worked as a team, I managed my clients without any hassles.
Productive and welcoming
To much nepotism and favoritism.they don't really look at qualification but who do you know,growth is limited mostly due to favoritism.

this is good.
Target driven environment
I learned about direct sales, microfinance industry and cold calling experience. Credit control and customer satisfaction. African bank, instilled in me the courage to work hard.
4,0
Very good company to work for
I have worked in different collection departments over my years working for African Bank and I have enjoyed working for African Bank. Will definitely work again if I get the opportunity.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at African Bank?
productive and relaxed
deadline cut off and we have finish before the cut off skills on how to behave in a work environment very friendly and approachable busy and formal when we didn't meet target as a team or you as a person
dont have one
It has great opportunities and the environment is professional , I have learned and have grown as an employee. it has great individual that make the environment more please and refreshing.
Excellent
I am happy at African Bank so far and the culture is super excellent and work is collaborative in that we have sessuons from time to time to discuss further matters.
Good.
Not much to say. It's a great company.
Cares about their employees

It's a great company all in all.

There's so much to learn and there's so much benefits.
Productive Fun working place
I enjoyed working for the company,I had a great experience and unforgettable memories and there is time in life were one has to leave and start new things in life for personal growth
3,0
Me working at African Bank has always been a learning experience. We were sent on courses and did weekly test(2015) Management was always professional
I simply loved working at African Bank. Yes it is very stressful but it's a kind of stress I enjoyed. Trading I'd always given and assistance always available in all departments. Given a chance to work again at the Bank yes most definitely.
2,0
The working culture amongst stuff is great
I think working at the bank is good it's just the manager in the department am working in is making work and life difficult for people. My department doesn't recognize RE or any education, everything to management is overtime. They always have no budget for anything and never upskill their stuff and also the positions are stagnant unless as an individual you upskill and look for other opportunities.
Pros
One needs to be self motivated & focused or less...
I am currently a happy African Banker
Im happy with the African Bank culture. From top management filtering down everyone understands and adhere to African rules. African Bank has a good working environment. We all treat each other with respect. Management at African Bank put their staff's well being first and they are 100% against decrimination and racism
3,0
Not really a future there cause there were unpaid debts by the clients, of which it was not easy to collect as the most clients were grant salaries.
Few staff, work Load, collecting of money debt owed by clients from the clients, off work only one Saturday a month was a challenge to me, threats if not making targets.
1,0
Bad place to work in.
It was a terrible place to work in. The time I went for the interview, was informed that the salary will R7500 PLUS incentives. They called again to sign a contract and was later informed that the salary will R4 200 per month with no incentives. Just imagine coming from Eastern Cape for that salary. If they informed me in time I wouldn't have taken the job. Lack of management skills. Working hard but no recognition. Also there is no career growth. No support from the management.
Collections and Disbursment
Is when the system goes offline.
I learned to work underpressure environment.

Make sure you inform management about any system errors and escalate to relevant Department.

Work culture is great cause African bank have values.

The hardest part is when you are limited to perform your duties.

The most enjoyable part is when you are not limited to any duties or access, you can help a client or colleagues without any problem .
It's a good company
If it allows me to go back I will definitely go back provided I earn more than what I used to earn or I'll work closely to home and I won't be working Sunday's and public holidays
productive
it is a good environment to work in, the benefits are very good. as an intern you get a primary care medical aid. We also have shuttle services to take us to the taxi ranks.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at African Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
3,8