Afrika Tikkun

Afrika Tikkun Employee Reviews

South Africa33 reviews
No comment
Afrika Tikkun is NGO and depends on the numbers of learners applied to participate on their program each year. It doesn’t offer as much job experience.
Pros
Not challenging
Cons
Slow working environment
Excellence
I learnt a lot on the monitoring and evaluation framework. It was a work cultured environment and the team I worked with made it easier as they were easy going.
5,0
good , fun and growing place
Afrika tikkun is giving everyone an opportunity and chance in getting more skills, support and education and i got the same. honestly would be stressed probably with a depressing job but Tikkun saved me. i am grateful
Pros
free lunches
Cons
good working place
2,0
I've learned how to do different kind of barges and fish fingus
Being there I did enjoy a lot but was I did like is to work in fridge bt then I wanted a job I was having no option bt to did my best at work even maneger where nice
It was a valuable job
It was a value on me as it was my first work after matric. It was absolutely fine and I showed all my efforts and passion for the work that I was doing.
Fun work place
Its an awesome place to be at. Fun people. You have to be a team player. The people that were incharge at the weren't serious about the projects. The funds that went into the projects were being misused. But otherwise we made use of what we got and all was well
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No pay
Productive and professional development
I enjoyed working with children in their ECD center, engaging with people living with disabilities. I conduct micro, meso and macro practice with clients
Pros
Free lunch and Wi-Fi
Cons
Distance
5,0
It was fruitful, rewarding to work for Afrika Tikkun guidance and Supervision given,, I was given opportunity to study and become Social Auxiliary Wor
Afrika Tikkun has empowered me with skills and knowledge upgraded my standard of professionalism, I have been fortunate to be one of Afrika Tikkuns former employees because I have been exposed to both challenges of an individual and team nature and would like to express that it was fulfilling andrewording re
Great space for development
Afrika Tikkun is a great place to learn, develop and grow. This company has ensured that they empower me from high school from the time i was enrolled in their child and youth development program. They offer opportunities and allow you the space to make your own mistakes while they are constantly there to monitor and mentor you.
Pros
free lunch
Productive and with different colours but all look 1
I admire the values tikkun has,if all companies would have this kind of value success will just follow.i like how they live by their values,treatment they give to another is the best u can ever find in most companies.lending a hand to the needy is their goal.
Pros
free lunches and no racism practiced by any colour
4,0
People who care about their community and society
Working with heart guiding and your head obeying alongside other caring individuals. No days are the same. So many opportunities available for staff development
Pros
Wonderful people to work with
Cons
Management micro managing staff
5,0
productive and have space for learning
i work in such a busy organisation in a unsettlement area, violence of abuse is high. our work as department overlap and encouraged more of team work and giving support for each other.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
40 hrs a week
3,0
It's a fun working place and also productive because you get too much experience on so many things especially young people.
Afrika Tikkun is best at giving youth the opportunity to have work experience and to learn as they work. The young people are so fun and easy to work with and it's really enjoying when they are used to you and you used to them. There are so many activities taking place such as afternoon programmes and holidays programme where they learn more on how to take care of themselves and others.
Pros
There's free lunch for young people and also giving awards to those who did well yearly.
Cons
Long hours are there especially when there are events.
fun and productive environment
- it is always busy working with people
- communication skills, team work, leadership skills, re presentable candidate and reliable one

- it is both formal and casual formal environment

- after work you have to also volunteer

- working with people all year round

- activities are so fun
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, refreshments
Cons
work on weekends when there is and event
5,0
Youth empowering workplace and fun
Afrika Tikkun is a very fun environment to work in. It is a very good company for self-growth and for independence working skills. I would recommend it to anyone for work experience.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Little salary
Educational Environment
Innovative approach to community development through their tripartite structure (NPO, PTY & Trust). Leader in the development space and the brand positioned itself as such.
Pros
Flexible time provided deadlines were met
Cons
1 Person does the work of 4 people
Fruitful workspace
This is a very well groomed environment for one to flourish and perform in their best ability.
I have learnt a lot in this organisation and I am grateful.
productive, Tikkun has team work
Great place to help one grow and Also develop others
Afrika Tikkun gives the community hope to be better and also it enables the community to get jobs and bursaries
not that bad
Your opinions are always been crushed. No support and guidance from the program manager. Manager doesn't care about staff members. Managers always taking sides whenever there were conflicts in the organisation.
Pros
long lunch time
Cons
no support from manager
5,0
This company is so greatful to help others
Its where l didn't do the job done. l have learn to love people and give care to others because we are not the same. The management is so perfect and l enjoy.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
9 hours
great organization
Afrika Tikkun is a great orgnization that provides opportunities for children and youth in poor resourced areas. The staff are committed and love what they do.
Pros
dedicated staff
Cons
donor dependent