Afrika Tikkun

Afrika Tikkun Employee Reviews

South Africa37 reviews
5,0
Very keen to opportunities and they give back to the community. A very good NGO that provides alot in a small building for the community. A very fun place to be.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Fairly treatef
5,0
I think it knows how to work with youth and it definitely understand what youth are interested in .Africa tikkun builts and teaches young people how to be independent and smart.
Pros
good communocation
Cons
professionalisim
5,0
Well my review summary about Afrika tikkun(Arekopaneng Center) is that they really know how to treat their employees ,your work has to always be on time
Pros
Fairly treated
Cons
Pressure
4,0
The staff really make the place warm despite the management efforts to make the place a horror. If you take pleasure in doing good and helping people then this is a place for you all that is needed is to block the negativity out.
Pros
Lunch, training and outings.
Cons
Long hours at times and no overtime pay.
3,0
Afrika Tikkun is NGO and depends on the numbers of learners applied to participate on their program each year. It doesn’t offer as much job experience.
Pros
Not challenging
Cons
Slow working environment
5,0
I learnt a lot on the monitoring and evaluation framework. It was a work cultured environment and the team I worked with made it easier as they were easy going.
5,0
Afrika tikkun is giving everyone an opportunity and chance in getting more skills, support and education and i got the same. honestly would be stressed probably with a depressing job but Tikkun saved me. i am grateful
Pros
free lunches
Cons
good working place
2,0
Being there I did enjoy a lot but was I did like is to work in fridge bt then I wanted a job I was having no option bt to did my best at work even maneger where nice
4,0
It was a value on me as it was my first work after matric. It was absolutely fine and I showed all my efforts and passion for the work that I was doing.
4,0
Its an awesome place to be at. Fun people. You have to be a team player. The people that were incharge at the weren't serious about the projects. The funds that went into the projects were being misused. But otherwise we made use of what we got and all was well
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No pay
5,0
I enjoyed working with children in their ECD center, engaging with people living with disabilities. I conduct micro, meso and macro practice with clients
Pros
Free lunch and Wi-Fi
Cons
Distance
5,0
Afrika Tikkun has empowered me with skills and knowledge upgraded my standard of professionalism, I have been fortunate to be one of Afrika Tikkuns former employees because I have been exposed to both challenges of an individual and team nature and would like to express that it was fulfilling andrewording re
5,0
Afrika Tikkun is a great place to learn, develop and grow. This company has ensured that they empower me from high school from the time i was enrolled in their child and youth development program. They offer opportunities and allow you the space to make your own mistakes while they are constantly there to monitor and mentor you.
Pros
free lunch
4,0
I admire the values tikkun has,if all companies would have this kind of value success will just follow.i like how they live by their values,treatment they give to another is the best u can ever find in most companies.lending a hand to the needy is their goal.
Pros
free lunches and no racism practiced by any colour
4,0
Working with heart guiding and your head obeying alongside other caring individuals. No days are the same. So many opportunities available for staff development
Pros
Wonderful people to work with
Cons
Management micro managing staff
5,0
i work in such a busy organisation in a unsettlement area, violence of abuse is high. our work as department overlap and encouraged more of team work and giving support for each other.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
40 hrs a week
3,0
Afrika Tikkun is best at giving youth the opportunity to have work experience and to learn as they work. The young people are so fun and easy to work with and it's really enjoying when they are used to you and you used to them. There are so many activities taking place such as afternoon programmes and holidays programme where they learn more on how to take care of themselves and others.
Pros
There's free lunch for young people and also giving awards to those who did well yearly.
Cons
Long hours are there especially when there are events.
4,0
- it is always busy working with people
- communication skills, team work, leadership skills, re presentable candidate and reliable one

- it is both formal and casual formal environment

- after work you have to also volunteer

- working with people all year round

- activities are so fun
Pros
free breakfast, lunch, refreshments
Cons
work on weekends when there is and event
5,0
Afrika Tikkun is a very fun environment to work in. It is a very good company for self-growth and for independence working skills. I would recommend it to anyone for work experience.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Little salary
5,0
Innovative approach to community development through their tripartite structure (NPO, PTY & Trust). Leader in the development space and the brand positioned itself as such.
Pros
Flexible time provided deadlines were met
Cons
1 Person does the work of 4 people
5,0
This is a very well groomed environment for one to flourish and perform in their best ability.
I have learnt a lot in this organisation and I am grateful.