Afrika Tikkun

Afrika Tikkun Work-Life Balance reviews

South Africa42 reviews

Clear
3.0Pay & Benefits

The staff is very welcoming

The staff really make the place warm despite the management efforts to make the place a horror. If you take pleasure in doing good and helping people then this is a place for you all that is needed is to block the negativity out.

Pros

Lunch, training and outings.

Cons

Long hours at times and no overtime pay.

Productivity and fun work place where fine

Afrika Tikkun their manager is hiring by favor and they don't follow protocol in most cases. I once work there as EPWP with my grade 12 certificate that i passed with flying color. And there where learnership for social auxiliary worker. I was the write person for that position by they took candidate with no matric . It hurt me but thought my turn will come. Another opportunity for ECD and CYD come and by that time was working at ECD they didn't even appoint me again.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Long hours with no pay

Excellence

I learnt a lot on the monitoring and evaluation framework. It was a work cultured environment and the team I worked with made it easier as they were easy going.

Great space for development

Afrika Tikkun is a great place to learn, develop and grow. This company has ensured that they empower me from high school from the time i was enrolled in their child and youth development program. They offer opportunities and allow you the space to make your own mistakes while they are constantly there to monitor and mentor you.

Pros

free lunch

Productive and with different colours but all look 1

I admire the values tikkun has,if all companies would have this kind of value success will just follow.i like how they live by their values,treatment they give to another is the best u can ever find in most companies.lending a hand to the needy is their goal.

Pros

free lunches and no racism practiced by any colour

It's a fun working place and also productive because you get too much experience on so many things especially young people.

Afrika Tikkun is best at giving youth the opportunity to have work experience and to learn as they work. The young people are so fun and easy to work with and it's really enjoying when they are used to you and you used to them. There are so many activities taking place such as afternoon programmes and holidays programme where they learn more on how to take care of themselves and others.

Pros

There's free lunch for young people and also giving awards to those who did well yearly.

Cons

Long hours are there especially when there are events.

Youth empowering workplace and fun

Afrika Tikkun is a very fun environment to work in. It is a very good company for self-growth and for independence working skills. I would recommend it to anyone for work experience.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Little salary

This company is so greatful to help others

Its where l didn't do the job done. l have learn to love people and give care to others because we are not the same. The management is so perfect and l enjoy.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

9 hours

Fun workplace with lot of competition

This organization challenges every employee within. They always eager to value every employee in a determined manner. They always hold meetings at least once a week to see who is lacking in their department. The seniors are also part of the team,they always want to know which department is doing what.,as they have youth department, disable department and early childhood department. They put children needs first especially their safety and effectively education. But we work long hours with no relevant income.

Pros

We always had free lunch

Cons

They have long hours

Gives opportunities to the youth of disadvantage communities and also grooming the children from cradle to career. Helps the youth to know what their capabilities are and put their needs first. Youth development and growth is a priority to them and creating a secure future for the children across the work. Afrik Tikkun is really making a difference to the youth.

Pros

Provides to the needs of children

Attendance Registers

Its an NGO''s and around where im staying meaning its around the community im staying in. And it has been nice to work with my community. now i need to get another job to give others a chance and move on with life.

Pros

Cons

Overtimes

REPSSI has done great work but now needs new leadership

REPSSI has done great work and has made a big difference in the psychosocial space but it now needs to do things differently to attract the the right funding

Pros

Great work in psychosocial space

Cons

Needs new leadership

This is a work place that gives out opportunities

The typical day that i face is when there are no clients to deal with I have learned the values of a company and most of the IT skills within this organisation. the management is on top of their game they are good people to work for. my co-worker they are good people to work with because they push their work to the limit and even exceed the targets that are set for them. my hardest part of this job is having to go out and sell our company to the stake holders. the most enjoyable is having to work with young people that comes in to enquirer the skills about our department of which is a skills development.

Pros

we do get a free lunch at work

Cons

We even work on weekend with out an increment to gain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afrika Tikkun. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Afrika Tikkun