Altron

Altron Employee Reviews

South Africa14 reviews
3,0
Good enviroment. I worked in the company for a long period of time. The company was a good one to work for.

I learnt alot and contributed to the growth of the company
4,0
Altron is a company that is based on a performance and there is pressure that leads to quality bieng provided in the company , hence the environment is mostly accomodating youth and allowing youth to make commission.
3,0
If you black you won't hardly be promoted, white earn way more than black employees and Indians have taken over for the BEE parts, management you have to wait for someone to die and bad culture.
1,0
Working here was not nice at all. You had long shifts,over time that you did not request,its something that is forced on you. You leave work very late all the time coz they don't want to give their other employers the late shift so when u are new that late shift becomes your shift for the whole 2 to 3 months. There's no communication with you and management. You are by yourself at all times
5,0
Structured work expectations. Management exhibit great leadership, empathy and respect to employees. The hardest part of the job was to obtain trust of management of the division companies we audited and to except audit recommendations
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Flat structure
5,0
The company is the best gained a lot of experience the people are welcoming feels at home.

management is good and all types pf race are accept with or without disability.
1,0
There is no fairness in altron sometimes we get shorts payments, they always try to find something to make people get fired. There are no fun activities that's we have.
Pros
Incentives
2,0
The management allowed my manager to spy on staff with the help of Vodacom's admininstration applications. I left because nothing was done about my complaints even though Vodacom found them guilty of misconduct.
3,0
The CEO is making changes but they are not effective as most of the management staff don't want to change thier ways of management to benefit the employees the company is mostly white and indian dominated resulting in unfair treatment of other employees who are not White or indian , the pays are not up to the IT industry standard as most black employees are underpaid .
Pros
You get medical aid and profident fund
Cons
Too much work, pressure, as you work against the sla resulting in employees getting stressed
3,0
Enjoyable company, particularly my department. Constant changes were at time challenging. Relationships with other departments could have been improved on.
5,0
A company with advanced technology and processes. Management in trustworth. Great place to learn and grow to reach your career goals. Gladly recommend anyone interested in joining this company.
5,0
I only spent a total of one whole month at this job as it was a contract cover for the incumbent who was travelling overseas for the month. People were nice.
4,0
My job has spaces between being very busy to being extremely quiet. I have learnt how to deal better with people and I have developed as a person. The hardest part about my job is the amount of free time that I have. The enjoyable part is the people and the work. Also I have 2 small children so I am allowed the time flexibiliy with them.
Pros
Time off when I need it especially when my children are sick etc
Cons
Sometimes not much work
5,0
Included an open door policy with a lot of staff interaction.
The diversity of the job ensures that there is never a dull moment, with new and exciting challenges daily. Human Resources Management is the strategic management of employees, and therefore it is imperative that employees individually and collectively contribute to the achievement of these strategic objectives of an organization. To achieve these goals, my goal is to train and motivate employees by communicating ethical policies and socially responsible behaviour to them. In doing so, it plays a significant role in clarifying the organization's problems and providing solutions, while making employees work more efficiently.

HR is a business function that looks after the companies’ greatest asset, thus its employees. This is done through constant development, support and retention

My management style includes spending a great deal of time working one-on-one with employees of all levels. I have great problem solving capabilities and strive to ensure that HR aligns itself to the Company Business Model. All matters are handled with the utmost confidentiality and empathy. I believe in Leadership rather than Management thus ensuring that I lead by example and offer support and guidance where needed.
Pros
Great Management team, values and stratergies.
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Altron. Our community is ready to answer.
3,5