Amaro Foods

Amaro Foods Employee Reviews

South Africa8 reviews
3,0
Working at Amaro Foods was a great experience for me I've learnt so much n I developed some skills there. It's one of the food production companies tht supplies such big retailers like Wooliesn and other major companies in SA.Safety and Hygiene especially in food industry are key as well as a dedicated employee. I've learnt that you must always deliver quality to customers.
5,0
During my first day at Amaro I was introduced to the workers and they explained everything to me, the way the work, what they expect, company's vision and mission. I learned that team work is very important in the work place. Every culture is accommodated. I never came across any difficulties. I enjoyed working there because every one is friendly and accommodative.
4,0
Typical day at work
-no less than 13hr shift everyday of the week

what have I learned

-operating,fault finding,maintenance and working on PLC's on Lawrence Equipment machines replacing sprockets,chains bearings and shafts which expanded my knowledge on machinery

I was reporting to two Managers Production Manager and Maintenance Manager which made life easier for me

Hardest part of the job

Long hours from 13 to 16 hour everyday

Most enjoyable

Exposure
Pros
Money was good
2,0
Your day would start with a morning meeting discussing the previous day activities and the plan forward for not repeating the same mistakes.
Completely different setup compared to other industries that i have been, learnt a lot about the baking industry

Very diverse setup being in the Killarney Gardens area.

The hardest part is the capturing of work on the database seeing that you are mostly on the production floor where your span of attention is needed.

Traffic is a mess, arriving and leaving.

The most enjoyable part would be when the shift is running OK and the waste is minimal.
Pros
Cons
Very long hours and very little time for rest.
3,0
My day starts with doing start up checks in my NPD room from there i check my emails and plan my task for the day, arrange with the oveners and scaling persons if i require anything from them for the day.

I learnt how to deal with different people from different back grounds and cultures, respect is important in the work place, time management.Respect is important when working with people because if you respect each other then you work in a free and productive environment.

I would say the hardest part in my job is getting everything done on time especially when there are not enough resource accommodated for you alone for example: having to use the oven while they are fully booked , getting hold of stuff to participate in the factory trials while they busy with production and orders.

i really enjoy working on projects that are challenging and exciting makes one think and go beyond their comfort zone, creating something and making it a success.
Pros
Educational training's
5,0
I enjoyed working dayshift
I learned a way of working with other people in a good mannered way

the management was awesome

I had good colleagues because they taught me the job I have experience in doing

no part was hard for me because a job is a job and I had to do everything that I was told to do as my job description

scaling
Pros
full houred lunch and tea time
Cons
8 hours
4,0
I love my daily working job. I learn to be passionate with what i'm doing to produce a very good product
3,0
Hardworking, too short to have learnt anything,management not trustworthy,worked very well with my co-workers,to maintain deadlines,accomplishing my accountancy goals for the company.
Pros
Working with a wonderful amount of different cultures.
Cons
Distance from work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amaro Foods?