Amazon.com
Information from Amazon.com:

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

South Africa396 reviews
4,0
It was best working environment. The assistance from Management was always available. We had fun activities at work. We were also encouraged to grow.
Cons
/ shifts
5,0
Working for Amazon is a great opportunity to enter into the customer service industry and the environment is great. The shifts isn't that bad but also you will reap the benefits at the end of the month.
Pros
Great salary benefits
Cons
Shifts
5,0
I worked for Amazon as a CSA for a good 4 months.
Had the best time of my working experience. Learned a whole lot during the time. I had two skills besides my primary skill. Which is was a good opportunity for me.

I would love to work for the company again. I believed I would grow within the business. I had so many interests in it. Wwll
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Awkward working hours
4,0
No hassles it's a free environment to work in and allows you to be yourself. It's a diverse company and offers alot of benefits and transportation to and from work.
5,0
Very nice to work there the people and management are so chilled and very helpful it's like home away from home. The way you learn and work is very fast paced and enjoyable
5,0
Amazon is an outstanding company to work at. The benefits are amazing, as well as the culture and environment. Amazon as a whole, inspires one to grow and learn.
Pros
Good salary, free popcorn, fruit and awesome departments for those that are tech savvy.
Cons
Hours might take some getting used to at the beginning.
4,0
Assisting customers with online queries, followup on delayed orders
I learnt patients,understanding other accents from around the world

customer who don't want to understand that that Amazon is policy driven company as much as the customer comes first
Pros
Free popcorn
Cons
Extreme long hours, not ime for family
5,0
Problems are easily dealt with due to the system being easy to navigate and allows you to go above and beyond for your customer.

We could provide the best customer experience to customers without a managers authorization.

the workplace was a pleasant place to be in, it was relaxed yet competitive.

What i loved was that we could take time off from your work day if need be.
Pros
You were able to take time off during your work day if needed.
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
Love Amazon! They are a wonderful company who offers great benefits and bonuses. I would recommend anyone to work here!!! Growth wise they can improve with regards to providing a more structured enviroment.
Pros
Time off
5,0
It was okay not the best. Hours was draining especially the night shift. The working environment was good. It was a relaxed easy dress code. The salary was okay.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amazon.com?
5,0
I have nothing bad to say about company I will recommend friends and family to work there,very good company.I wish I was still working there.They look after there staff well.
4,0
Really good place to work.
They treat their staff well and you hardly have any issues with you remuniration. The management style is great too.

I would definitely recommend it.
4,0
Great working environment and training program,

I would recommend it to anyone starting out, even students. It teaches you to be independent and hardwork
5,0
Amazon is an amazing work place , where everyone matters and has a voice.

They are open to ideas for improvement and believe an employee has to be happy to be able to work efficiently.

They have platforms for everyone to express themselves.
5,0
Amazon is an AWESOME!!!! company to work for, they give a great salary and on top of that, they give you many benefits,Medical aid,provident fund and more. The Amazonianz as they called,are amazing people to work with,oh and the training given to its employees are exceptional. They prepare you for handling not only any kind of call but also how to handle a real life situation in or outside work.
Pros
Salary, benefits, Awesome employees
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
Amazing work environment. Made me comfortable to be there management always ready to help. It's great if you have little else to do do that you can dedicate yourself to the job. Working at Amazon is a lifestyle.
3,0
Shifts were not very flexible.
Management was great in some instances and terrible in others, there was no set standard.

The hardest part was dealing with irate clients due to the ineffectiveness of your teammates.
5,0
Amazon is a great company to work for if you looking for experience in a call centre, I especially enjoyed the work from home opportunity, you need to be patient and able to work quickly
5,0
Working at Amazon was a wonderful experience because of the comfortable work environment. Everyone is friendly and shares the same goal which to be the most customer eccentric company in the world.
Pros
Free WiFi, Cafe in the canteen and games in the canteen
Cons
long and very awkward hours
4,0
Working at Amazon.com was a great experience. The shifts was a bit heavy. Abnormal i would say if you're not used to working at flexible hours. Transport is provided depending on the shift you're working.
2,0
Worst management ever. Company that will work you to the bone and spit you out when they had thier way with you. Wont allow you to progress. Hsnd out stupid warnings to keep you on a low level
Pros
Cons
Many
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Amazon.com. Our community is ready to answer.
3,6