Amazon.com
Information from Amazon.com:

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

South Africa405 reviews
4,0
Overall my experience at Amazon was great, I thoroughly enjoyed going to work as everyone was always positive no matter how your personal life/ day goes...entering the Amazon building your mood changes automatically
Pros
They take really good care of their staff
Cons
Overtime payment can be Abit better explained
5,0
I wouldlove to work there again,very relaxed and inviting environment. I would highly recommend to my friends and the food is super nice nd always fresh
Good
Cons
No cons
5,0
I would recommend the company based on opportunities if taken at the proper time.
You can grow in the company if you are willing to take a opportunity immediately and not procrastinate.
5,0
Can be stressful at times since you're working with alot of complaints but it is rewarding once you get the issue resolved. Work hours can be long, but not boring as the work environment is very engaging.
Pros
Provident fund, medical and transport.
Cons
Long hours, stressful at times.
5,0
Working at Amazon was a fun and productive work space and really felt like it was a place that you have made new family members
Growth was fast if you are a committed individual and self motivation is key

Always keeping yourself educated and up to date with what's new would help you work well with customers and to keep that ongoing customer relationship witcustomers
5,0
This is technical customer service work from home. The company provides you with the training required to do your job. They also send you all the equipment needed for the job
Pros
You work from home
Cons
Can feel lonely at times
1,0
Amazon is very much a who you know company when it comes to success. No one is supportive if management has abused you and they get rid of you regardless of how well and how long you have worked there.
Pros
access to education site
Cons
Long hours, time watching, emotional abuse, bad managment
4,0
Very strict on your movements within the company and as much as they offer other activities, you can hardly get to them as your work comes first.

As long as you follow the guidelines and listen to your team leaders you can go very far.
4,0
It was best working environment. The assistance from Management was always available. We had fun activities at work. We were also encouraged to grow.
Cons
/ shifts
5,0
Working for Amazon is a great opportunity to enter into the customer service industry and the environment is great. The shifts isn't that bad but also you will reap the benefits at the end of the month.
Pros
Great salary benefits
Cons
Shifts
5,0
I worked for Amazon as a CSA for a good 4 months.
Had the best time of my working experience. Learned a whole lot during the time. I had two skills besides my primary skill. Which is was a good opportunity for me.

I would love to work for the company again. I believed I would grow within the business. I had so many interests in it. Wwll
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Awkward working hours
4,0
No hassles it's a free environment to work in and allows you to be yourself. It's a diverse company and offers alot of benefits and transportation to and from work.
5,0
Very nice to work there the people and management are so chilled and very helpful it's like home away from home. The way you learn and work is very fast paced and enjoyable
5,0
Amazon is an outstanding company to work at. The benefits are amazing, as well as the culture and environment. Amazon as a whole, inspires one to grow and learn.
Pros
Good salary, free popcorn, fruit and awesome departments for those that are tech savvy.
Cons
Hours might take some getting used to at the beginning.
4,0
Assisting customers with online queries, followup on delayed orders
I learnt patients,understanding other accents from around the world

customer who don't want to understand that that Amazon is policy driven company as much as the customer comes first
Pros
Free popcorn
Cons
Extreme long hours, not ime for family
5,0
Problems are easily dealt with due to the system being easy to navigate and allows you to go above and beyond for your customer.

We could provide the best customer experience to customers without a managers authorization.

the workplace was a pleasant place to be in, it was relaxed yet competitive.

What i loved was that we could take time off from your work day if need be.
Pros
You were able to take time off during your work day if needed.
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
Love Amazon! They are a wonderful company who offers great benefits and bonuses. I would recommend anyone to work here!!! Growth wise they can improve with regards to providing a more structured enviroment.
Pros
Time off
5,0
It was okay not the best. Hours was draining especially the night shift. The working environment was good. It was a relaxed easy dress code. The salary was okay.
5,0
I have nothing bad to say about company I will recommend friends and family to work there,very good company.I wish I was still working there.They look after there staff well.
4,0
Really good place to work.
They treat their staff well and you hardly have any issues with you remuniration. The management style is great too.

I would definitely recommend it.
4,0
Great working environment and training program,

I would recommend it to anyone starting out, even students. It teaches you to be independent and hardwork