Amazon.com
3,6 out of 5 stars.

Amazon.com Employee Reviews

Found 68 429 reviews matching the search
I loved Amazon. It was a great company to work for with many amazing people from all over that you get to work with. The downside was the salary, I just could not afford to stay with the company on the salary I was getting, however, they do pay for your medical aid with discovery as well as your home internet here in South Africa up to a certain amount. If the salary was better I would have stayed on.
Pros
Promo gifts
Cons
Shift work and long hours
It was a good experience, I've learned a lot in a few weeks. I have been trained by a fantastic staff, I hope I will have a chance to work with them again. Thank you
Pros
Well organised
Cons
Nothing to complain about
I had a good time at work. The workflow was not that bad.the jobs environment was very chill very nice and welcoming people .good time schedule, and great extra hours.
Amazon sets a work rate so high that it is barely unattainable and if it is met, then they immediately raise that rate to meet where the employee last was able to meet it. There is no loyalty and in their eyes, you can be replaced by another warm body and that is exactly how they operate.
ottimo ambiente di lavoro si lavora bene lo consiglio anche se non e' facile restarci....
Fantastic work place. You need to be good with computer applicationd. This job gives sense of accomplishment since the outcome could be seen practically. It is always fun being able to work in a team environment.
Pros
Many
Cons
Not a FT
Get trained for different roles and you’ll have a variety of options to do each day instead of just being a scanner on the lane. The excess amount of learning ambassadors that have no idea what they’re talking about can be cumbersome. They have no knowledge of the different scan rates for stagers, non con staging, and small sort. Don’t ask me about my scan rate from a week ago and expect me to remember where I was at that time when the process assistants constantly move me to different areas of the building without labor tracking me. Learning ambassadors could be more respectful when approaching scanners. They fail to maintain 6 feet when approaching me. They fuss about scan rate but don’t care about the 6 feet rule. They expect 2 people to scan boxes to same pallet at the same time. It’s hard to maintain 6 feet on scanner lanes and keep scan rate up. They have too many people on the lanes and not enough space to maintain 6 feet. I feel they should’ve left the 2.0 lanes open so it’s less buildup of boxes on the lanes and you can maintain 6 feet. I get notifications on my phone almost daily about a new COVID case at Ashland Amazon. The priorities aren’t as focused on safety because the scan rate is what matters the most.
Pros
Meet new people, short shifts
Cons
Learning ambassadors and faulty scanners. Can’t consistently maintain 6 feet on the lanes.
So far I’ve been happy at Amazon. The shifts go by really slow though which makes it tough to stay motivated. It can also be very tough on your body. There is a lot of squatting when picking from lower bins, so your knees can start to hurt by the end of your shift. Overall I’ve been happy with the job, I just wish we could listen to music or something to help the time pass by faster.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Boring, tough on knees.
I love working for amazon for the way they always had the good energy to make you want to work for this company making each day better progress. The way communication works its also so great helping you and caring about you entirely!!
If you’re a hard worker, you’ll be rewarded by some management. The training is hit or miss so there’s that issue, but the culture is friendly if you’re a social person. Was surprised I liked the job and feel comfortable here.
Pros
Learning new skills
Cons
Training can be lacking
Amazon provides a great work life balance. Even during this pandemic they have provided exceptional job security and no pay cuts. The management is very supportive and they provide equal opportunity to grow in your career.
Aa a driver the work itself is not hard, some days are better then others depending on your route and package count. For the amount of work put in the pay is very little
Pros
Usually a lot of overtime potential, work is not complex
Cons
Hourly pay is small compared to other delivery carriers
Informed would be employed for 9 months. Actual length of service 3 months then recruitment agency called and said I wasn't needed any longer with no explanation and had my shifts taken from me. This happened to lots of my colleagues.I actually enjoyed being at the sortation warehouse. My team leaders blue badges were great with me just a shame it ended too soon.
Pros
Free drinks machine & car parking
Not enough amounts of toilets for massive crowd of people, especially in pick time=> you waste your 10-15 minutes for waiting in queue on your breaktime. Very not friendly management attitude: rude people without proper education background, taking rubish=corporate bla bla. Targets for machines not for people, not friendly atmosphere, frustrated not pretty good educated and trained trainers who absolutely not have any 1 proper way of sharing the knowledge, thats why one day they tell you something is not allowded but next day another person said that you are allowded to do something. Big corporate mess and nepotism. You get promotion not because you are good in something but because you know someone or somebody likes you more. A lot of imbeciles and dilettantes on every level of work.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long hours, short break, bad atmosphere, nepotism
This place is definitely not for the weak, management treats you like you’re disposable and they like to hold you accountable for any little mistakes. The hours are long, people are constantly getting injured and people here LOOK like zombies. Its repetitive work every single day as you barely get to change roles and are stuck with the same thing for your entire work week. All managers do is nag at you meanwhile they have never been in the employees shoes. All they do is carry their laptop around and watch the employees as they struggle. Working night shifts had me feeling like I was going to go crazy
Pros
Sometimes free food
Cons
You’re standing and walking for your whole shift
decent pay but you get worked like a dog. Ive worked almost every position in the warehouse. Everything is gray and depressing. Feels like a prison camp with the security and break times.
I worked for amazon and was stationed at whole foods. It is a good job if you are young, healthy and able to hustle. If you are older, have joint problems or cannot move quickly it's a little harder. I loved that we could set our own schedule, but it is also a double edged sword, even if you log in on time there is, unfortunately, no guarantee that you will get a shift.
Pros
Fairly flexible schedule, set your own availability
Cons
Difficult to pick up shifts--typically gone within seconds of posting, Difficult to reach management at times.
Working is good there bt its vry hatd work there for people who havent done any other activities before like there. New technology invenment. Provides a lot information to work with machine n computers. They help incurrer growing activities. Helps student in work even they at school.its close bulding like jail for people who dont have any experiance in work in such envirnment
This job isn’t for the weak. If you don’t like to work, don’t come work here. You will be busy, you will hurt. Long hours, decent pay. Whether you like it or not everything is about a numbers. So if you’re slow, yes you will be called out. Don’t take things too personal. People are just trying to do their jobs. Great opportunities to grow if you put in the work.
Pros
Relocation. Compensation
Amazon treats their employees like they’re just a number or just easily disposable. They demand and set high expectations while giving no earl training. Most of the things I learned I learned from other coworkers or ok my own.
Pros
Use of PTO
Cons
Very fast paced work. You are clearly just a body to do the work. No recognition for a job well done. No consequences for a job done poorly. If you show up you’re good.
  1. Employee Reviews