Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews for Associate

Associate6 reviews
South Africa6 reviews
4,0
very fast past great people, you had some good and bad managers loved the atmosphere..break rooms were nice building was very neet and all of the departments are great
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks
2,0
You sit in front of a computer for about 8-11 hours per day answering calls from Americans demanding refunds or screaming at you because they broke something and its now your fault. Oh and if you dont help these Americans you get judge by a survey that is sent out at the end of the call. You get judged on how long your on the call for how many times you transfer out to another department. No matter what you do youll get judged on.
2,0
Culture dies away after Training, Hours horrible as you typically don't have a life unless you're in a day shift. Benefits are decent however pay is decent only if you're in a higher position or constantly work overtime when available i.e L3. advancement opportunities available however very selective and depends on who you know and if they like you to progress. Expectations are very high meaning that any given time you have to make sure the customers satisfied as you can be chucked out of the door over a customer since it's the most customer centric company. Workers aren't supported most of the time and you don't have a say when it comes to that. Decent place to get bread when you don't have it but once something better comes up, go for it instead of this place.
Pros
Benefits i.e Medical Aid and provident fund
Cons
Unsociable hours and horrible shifts
3,0
I think that employees should be recognized for their work more often and Our staff should help a little. And we should be on a fixed schedule instead of flex schedule
Pros
Nice break rooms clean and vending machines kept up to date
Cons
Short breaks
5,0
I start my day at 15:00 and finish at 00:00. I assist customers with Prime Video and Twitch Prime subscriptions. I start relatively early as I'm always working over time, then I set myself up and communicate with customers from all around the world via phone, email and chat. I've learnt how to provide the best customer service by treating my customers as friends. Expressing empathy is everything when working at Amazon. I adore management, especially their style of management. The environment is laid back and anybody that works for Amazon knows that you're self managed. The culture is vibrant and energetic. Amazon offers opportunities for growth and development. The hardest part of my job is providing customers with the best customer service via email and the best part of my job is providing customers with the best customer service through any platform.
Pros
Decent breaks
Cons
Night shift
4,0
Good company.. Great Culture..
I love the open door culture, whereby you are able to speak to any manager you'd like, even the general manager, the office doors are literally never closed, allowing anyone to talk to them at any given time. Work life is great, remuneration is okay.