Amazon.com

Amazon.com Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative252 reviews
South Africa252 reviews
4,0
Very strict on your movements within the company and as much as they offer other activities, you can hardly get to them as your work comes first.

As long as you follow the guidelines and listen to your team leaders you can go very far.
5,0
I would recommend the company based on opportunities if taken at the proper time.
You can grow in the company if you are willing to take a opportunity immediately and not procrastinate.
5,0
Working at Amazon was a fun and productive work space and really felt like it was a place that you have made new family members
Growth was fast if you are a committed individual and self motivation is key

Always keeping yourself educated and up to date with what's new would help you work well with customers and to keep that ongoing customer relationship witcustomers
5,0
This is technical customer service work from home. The company provides you with the training required to do your job. They also send you all the equipment needed for the job
Pros
You work from home
Cons
Can feel lonely at times
4,0
It was best working environment. The assistance from Management was always available. We had fun activities at work. We were also encouraged to grow.
Cons
/ shifts
5,0
Working for Amazon is a great opportunity to enter into the customer service industry and the environment is great. The shifts isn't that bad but also you will reap the benefits at the end of the month.
Pros
Great salary benefits
Cons
Shifts
5,0
I worked for Amazon as a CSA for a good 4 months.
Had the best time of my working experience. Learned a whole lot during the time. I had two skills besides my primary skill. Which is was a good opportunity for me.

I would love to work for the company again. I believed I would grow within the business. I had so many interests in it. Wwll
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Awkward working hours
4,0
No hassles it's a free environment to work in and allows you to be yourself. It's a diverse company and offers alot of benefits and transportation to and from work.
5,0
Very nice to work there the people and management are so chilled and very helpful it's like home away from home. The way you learn and work is very fast paced and enjoyable
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Amazon.com?
4,0
Assisting customers with online queries, followup on delayed orders
I learnt patients,understanding other accents from around the world

customer who don't want to understand that that Amazon is policy driven company as much as the customer comes first
Pros
Free popcorn
Cons
Extreme long hours, not ime for family
5,0
Problems are easily dealt with due to the system being easy to navigate and allows you to go above and beyond for your customer.

We could provide the best customer experience to customers without a managers authorization.

the workplace was a pleasant place to be in, it was relaxed yet competitive.

What i loved was that we could take time off from your work day if need be.
Pros
You were able to take time off during your work day if needed.
Cons
Long Hours
5,0
It was okay not the best. Hours was draining especially the night shift. The working environment was good. It was a relaxed easy dress code. The salary was okay.
5,0
I have nothing bad to say about company I will recommend friends and family to work there,very good company.I wish I was still working there.They look after there staff well.
4,0
Great working environment and training program,

I would recommend it to anyone starting out, even students. It teaches you to be independent and hardwork
5,0
Amazing work environment. Made me comfortable to be there management always ready to help. It's great if you have little else to do do that you can dedicate yourself to the job. Working at Amazon is a lifestyle.
3,0
Shifts were not very flexible.
Management was great in some instances and terrible in others, there was no set standard.

The hardest part was dealing with irate clients due to the ineffectiveness of your teammates.
5,0
Working at Amazon was a wonderful experience because of the comfortable work environment. Everyone is friendly and shares the same goal which to be the most customer eccentric company in the world.
Pros
Free WiFi, Cafe in the canteen and games in the canteen
Cons
long and very awkward hours
3,0
Long hours night shift and early day shifts. Great if you single with no kids. Amazon not accommodating with regards to shifts or certain days off. Public holidays is a must. Growth is dependent on you. The people that work there are the best kinds of people, very friendly, they treat you like family, the people is what makes the companys reviews so great. Highest paying call cemyre in south africa but not the best paying.
4,0
Working at Amazon gave me such great confidence in myself, at Amazon you are tought how to work with a group of people like not to be scared to voice out your thoughts even if you are around many people. I got an experience in customer service , you are tought how to talk to your customer and your manager will always be there to assist because some of us is the first time on that kind of environment.
3,0
The people at Amazon are welcoming and friendly. The environment is very fast paced and the hours are quite long.

There isn't really a work life balance because once you get home, you go to sleep and when you wake up it's time to go to work again.

The hours can really take a toll on your system.
3,0
It was a nice place when I used to work there. I just had an incident where two of my uncles died at the same time and, I was also going through depression at that time. Unfortunately my then manager, when I resigned, was not as supportive as the one I had when I started. So, I left when he refused to give me unpaid leave because I didn't want to have a mental breakdown at work.