AmerisourceBergen

AmerisourceBergen Employee Reviews

3,2Work-Life Balance

Showing all 2 048 reviews

Good Place to work for

the work environment is great and they truly care and value their employees. The benefits are excellent,and the hours worked out well for me. they make you feel appreciated.

Cons

no sick leave

Good place to work!.

I work there many years ago. I would go back, easy work but u got to do it accurately. No error... Because it it medication and people need it. For what I remember management was great..

Pros

They appreciate what u do...

Cons

A lot of overtime!.

It could be perfect if the managers could get along with works more

The place isn’t bad if you just trying to make money, the only problem is some of the managers. They seem to have what most people call “favoritism” and it really shows and stands out sometimes.

Great Team

My team worked well together but when people call out we never receive support. No training for advancement is offered. Job posting are no longer made available, positions are filled by friends of supervisors.

Nice place to work

This place is a nice place to work. Good benefits. Sometimes long hours but overall great place to work for. I don't have any complaints in the time I worked there.

To keep as short as possible...

Too much mandatory overtime, whether day-to-day not having a clear end time or weekends, anyone in management can give you direction and they all have different/conflicting opinions, some unprofessional staff, not all leadership is respected and it reflects, people expect others to quit quickly so they don't bother even trying to make new employees feel welcome in the first place, two week training had nothing to do with the actual job, outdated computer systems that can hinder doing the job properly, can go on but I'm tired

Pros

Free lunch each Wednesday

Cons

Everything else

Productive and fast paced work environment

Not a bad place to start off working. Definitely not a job you want to stuck at forever if all your doing is selecting. But if you can show your worth in move up, then maybe worth it. Get ready for your feet to hate you.

It was garbage

Management was horrible, and if you want a job that you can spend time with your family this isn’t it. Also, they have favorites, so if you’re trying to move up in the business then you are going to have a really bad time.

Good Company, Dysfunctional Management.

Amerisource can be a good company to work for, the jobs in the facilities are pretty straightforward and with working in medicine gives the added bonus of the job feeling worth it, as you are helping patients get the medication they need. The company does offer very good PTO, compensation, and room for advancement. However the facility has been plagued with revolving leadership, which has led to issues of long hours, and dysfunction between the departments/shifts.

6 days 12 hours shift.

This job will make u stay 12 hours every day. Bad management. this job is union job. Union is bad too. Senority plays a part as well. If this job is just 8 hours . This job would be perfect. You a prisoner for 12 hours. Easy work. All the putaway are done by receiving team even when they have a putaway team. Abc depend on the Receiving team. At last this branch need to hires real replenishment team from 9am-5pm . M-F. Just cut all day ,receiving team will get out on time. Job is 6-230pm but you will never see 230pm . You definitely see 4pm every day you off

Great work environment if you are flexible and organized

I have been with the company for a year and am very satisfied with my position. Although there are problems with communication from middle management at times if you know your role and are willing to put forth effort you will succeed. There are expectations for amounts of calls per hour etc, but it’s easily managed if you are willing to do the work. Not everyone is disciplined enough for remote work and if you are not disciplined then you won’t succeed. This is a position that makes you take ownership of your daily tasks and you have to be willing to put in the effort. I’m very happy with my position.

A fine place to work

Working remotely, so can’t comment on any accommodations in the office, but overall a positive work environment, management who seem to care and want you to do a good job, and decent pay for a relatively skill free job. The work I do is fairly repetitive, and can get pretty dull, but it’s not hard at all.

Pros

Nice people, easy work

Cons

Processes change a lot, can be a little hard to keep up with

You'll Recommend It to Friends/Family

The only negative I have to say about this company is it's unfortunate they are ending the Benefit Verification Specialist position and transitioning to automatic positions. They are laying all of us off, but not giving us a set date to expect to be let go. However, they're pretty great as far as the BVS position goes. Hands on management, feedback on ways to grow, flexible time off requests. Pretty great company.

Pros

Remote, Flexible, Hands-On Management, Good Pay

Cons

Health Insurance is Not Great, Not Many Occurrences Allowed

Good benefits

Overworked, paid fairly, good amount of paid time off and affordable insurance, they will not hesitate to let you go so you must actually do your job. Overall not a terrible place to work it pays the bills

Ok place to work

It’s a okay place to work if you like long hours. Some of the leads don’t know what’s going on. High turn over rate. Sunday thru Thursday day shift is the worst to work.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Hours

Pay good. Hours stink. Management stinks.

You stay till the work is done. So 12 hour days are common. You get the overtime. Only 1 great supervisor on dayshift. Upper management is a joke. No communication between departments. Coworkers are great. We do have a lot of fun despite being miserable. If you need a job, it’s ok and it pays well especially with all the overtime. Insurance is really good, but if you smoke you have to pay additional fees. Overall, would not recommend because of all the bull

Demanding work with minimal support from Management

Your operations managers spend too much time analyzing computer generated productivity figures without knowing what is actually happening on the floor. Training is lacking. One hundred or more employees depend on one training person. No written SOP for any position is provided and productivity guidelines seem to change randomly. Pay is average but demands on workers are way above average

Pros

Air conditioning

Cons

Petty management

Eh

Nothing really good. Make your money and go home. Management isn't the greatest . Alot of turnover within management so you'd never know who you'd be working under for too long

It was fine.

Yust be at work do your job and don't try to be too popular with others remember that you sing a contract to do a job for serten hours Yust go by the rules and you going to be fine 👍

Great company

It was great while it lasted, the best company I ever worked for. I have nothing negative to say about this company more than I wish I could have worked for them longer.

Overall a great place to work

I loved working for AmerisourceBergen. My only criticism is that mid-level management isn’t always free to make decisions needed in order to be more efficient & productive. Corporate headquarters too often pushes down decisions with little knowledge of the overall impact on business.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AmerisourceBergen. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 2 048 reviews

3,2 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
2,9 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,9 out of 5 stars for Management
3,1 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • AmerisourceBergen
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?