AMPATH TRUST

AMPATH TRUST Employee Reviews

South Africa47 reviews
Training very efficient
Quality Control are taken very serious and is the best from any laboratory I have worked for before. Patient care and quality work guaranteed. They take care of their staff and award commitment and hard work. They have excellent support for personal problems ensuring staff can give 100 % while they are at work.
3,0
stressful, very fast paced and fun place to work at. salary not as competitive as other pathological companies. work environment is superb and on job training is perfect.
4,0
Good working conditions and good managers with management skills ,Have positive thinking and avoid anything that may cause the organization to collapse
Always be punctual.
Must have excellent typing skills.

Knowledge of Histology and Cytology.

Should have telephone etiquette.

Customer Care and attention to detail.

Good interpersonal and communication skills.
3,0
I don't have a lot to say. The training is very intense. They teach us amazing work ethic. Ampath is overall an outstanding company. I'm glad I trained there
5,0
Can't smile to atm ,no holidays, difficult to get leave ,can't get lift from driver,can't buy foods at shop ,can't divert roads cause you will be accused , no bonus , expect stokvel,no union
4,0
I am responsible for all phlebotomy related procedures, including drawing blood (both in the depot and in hospital), processing non-blood specimens, logging, batching, telephonic inquiries and other administrative work.
Pros
Helping patients
3,0
I always want to see my collegus happy, I want to see the company Im working for getting bigger and bigger everytime and i enjoy my work especialy when the company is loyal to its employees and also greeting is very important when working with people so dat that they can see the face of the company by you.
Pros
I really like making production and enjoying my work.
Cons
I dont want to work with someone lazy
5,0
I enjoyed working very hard and under difficult staff shortages for ampath

I do not agree that there should be any staff shortages

I do believe top management must ensure that all staff are treated equally
1,0
This could be the best lab in the world, but because of their unethical behavior nothing will come of it. I see no plans to change things, it goes against everything I stand for (high quality and correct results)
The pay is the worst in the industry and they have capped overtime rates. (Not according to your salary)
Pros
Cons
You have to lower your standards to fit in
4,0
Ampath is a Great company to work ,Ampath is huge Organisation which has contributed so much in my career , I really appreciated the opportunity but I am bigger person inside with a lot of potential . I feel like I need more challenges and a change of location ,I need to spread my wings and fly one level up from what I am currently exposed to .I need more challenges and to explore what other organisations can Offer in my career .
4,0
It is a very busy company in terms of quantity of patients so I learned to work under pressure, management is accessible, very professional orientated in connection with clients, the most enjoyable part of the job is you meet people from different cultures, they maintain good relationships with clients which make the company productive daily, it is fun relating with clients and colleagues. I was productive work efficiently and had fun
Pros
Heart beat bonus
4,0
Pros
birthday gives
4,0
I never had a quite day at work. Each day had its own demands and deadlines that had to be met to ensure all aspects of work handled.

You never stop learning, and the knowledge I gained from the company I will carry with me for the rest of my life and apply.

Ampath provide on going training to staff to ensure they competent to do the job and keeping up with latest technology.

Each employee had respect for each others culture.

the most enjoyable part was to see customer satisfaction and meeting deadlines/targets.
Pros
20 min tea break given by company
Cons
Its what you make of it and how you deliver on a day to day basis
5,0
Working for Ampath requieres dedication and hard work. Long hours and time sensitive work. The company takes care of their employees and once you work for them you will never be without a job again. It is a stable company and one of few where you can really feel secure and know that you will be able to go to work the next day.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
working weekends and public holidays
5,0
Its a very good company overall and it meets the needs of the employees. It is a very amazing experience to work for Ampath and the working conditions meet the standards and the salary is very fair.
1,0
Work overload, managers constantly involved in your personal matters, whole management system is family, salary is not enough for the amount of work and hours put in.
4,0
.Attending to customers being Doctors,walk-in-patients,and hospitals
.Customer service is of importance to keep your customers

.Shift work

.Knowing that you played a part in helping a sick person
2,0
I left ampath not only coz of salary but also coz of bad management and unethcal behav.
Highly stress

Low low pay - only 8000 for intern med tech ridiculous

If you want to work for another lab

Rather go to nhls or lancet..............
4,0
Great company with great benefits. Stressful working conditions. Need to be motivated and hard working to survive the busy laboratory. Not for the faint hearted.
3,0
It was a great company fast growing and very kindly tooth stuff. The issue was salaries company is huge but not ready to do justice to the stuff . I we I could do business again with them only if they will pay reasonable salary. Company itself is a great environment to be there
Pros
Cons
reasonable hours