AMPATH TRUST

AMPATH TRUST Employee Reviews

South Africa57 reviews

3,5Work-Life Balance

Very busy but manageable

Management really notices your input. There are constant wellness checks and there is an open door policy, all you have to do is your work. It is the perfect place for a hard working person who works well under pressure.

Very productive and educational work place.

Lots of attention to detail, accountability required. You receive all the necessary training you need which equips you to excel at your job. Salaries are not the best but not terrible. Management varies depending on where you're based, mostly ok but sometimes too task/output oriented.

Pros

Great company with great benefits, job security.

Cons

Poor work life balance, low salaries, task orientated

Good environment

It was a great experience working there and would not mind working there again.They care about their workers.They care about employees well being at all given time

Not a bad place to work for.

I really enjoyed working for Ampath on Night Duty. We had a great team that was hard working with a Night Manager who had an open door policy. Though it is a busy place but work was manageable to good organization and planning.

An excellent platform to enhance your career

A very fast paced work environment since it involved pathology.Excellent Turn Around Times since Pathology is competitive. Excellent team work.A company that you are constantly learning everyday new tests.Protocol adherence and practising the standard operating procedures. Working together with other clinical departments to ensure good turn around time.Always have a contingency plan and this means good team effort.

Pros

Cultural events

Cons

Total concentration. No distractions which is imperative in this environment.

Stressful

Management they don't care about staff, we are always short staff and they don't want to pay overtime and we don't get time off. And when you complain they victimize you.

Cons

Very pleasant place to work at ampathGood relationshipGood working conditionWorking hand in hand with doctors Solving problemAttendung to quiries

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

8 to 9 hours

Productive, family and teamwork

I loved it. It was my first job in pre - lab and I progressed on to qualify in Histology as a medical technician.Best job ever!Learned how to work in a team and not shift the blame when a fault has been detected.

Pros

Recognition and corrective action implements.

Pressure and less paid

The management is still treating black people bad in full I would say the company is still full of apartheid when it comes to black people imagine working on weekend and when they suppose to pay for weekend they give you a two day off so that they don't pay you your weekend

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Yes we worked long hours and we were not paid our over time during lockdown period

The working environment is so far but the salary it a no no because in our contract that's not what we signed up for

Can they please review our salaries because some of us what we earning is not enough for living we working very hard . Buy all means we giving them more than 110% at work side

Pros

Can't comment

Cons

Can't comment

I would recommend working for Ampath any day

Training very efficient Quality Control are taken very serious and is the best from any laboratory I have worked for before. Patient care and quality work guaranteed. They take care of their staff and award commitment and hard work. They have excellent support for personal problems ensuring staff can give 100 % while they are at work.

on job training is superb

stressful, very fast paced and fun place to work at. salary not as competitive as other pathological companies. work environment is superb and on job training is perfect.

Good working conditions

Good working conditions and good managers with management skills ,Have positive thinking and avoid anything that may cause the organization to collapse

Very Good experience

Always be punctual. Must have excellent typing skills. Knowledge of Histology and Cytology. Should have telephone etiquette. Customer Care and attention to detail. Good interpersonal and communication skills.

Training

I don't have a lot to say. The training is very intense. They teach us amazing work ethic. Ampath is overall an outstanding company. I'm glad I trained there

Just go & see

Can't smile to atm ,no holidays, difficult to get leave ,can't get lift from driver,can't buy foods at shop ,can't divert roads cause you will be accused , no bonus , expect stokvel,no union

Productive and exciting workplace

I am responsible for all phlebotomy related procedures, including drawing blood (both in the depot and in hospital), processing non-blood specimens, logging, batching, telephonic inquiries and other administrative work.

Pros

Helping patients

Cons

I like having end year function in my company

I always want to see my collegus happy, I want to see the company Im working for getting bigger and bigger everytime and i enjoy my work especialy when the company is loyal to its employees and also greeting is very important when working with people so dat that they can see the face of the company by you.

Pros

I really like making production and enjoying my work.

Cons

I dont want to work with someone lazy

I enjoyed working very hard and under difficult staff shortages for ampath I do not agree that there should be any staff shortages I do believe top management must ensure that all staff are treated equally

Unethical to the bone

This could be the best lab in the world, but because of their unethical behavior nothing will come of it. I see no plans to change things, it goes against everything I stand for (high quality and correct results) The pay is the worst in the industry and they have capped overtime rates. (Not according to your salary)

Pros

Cons

You have to lower your standards to fit in

Great Company to work for

Ampath is a Great company to work ,Ampath is huge Organisation which has contributed so much in my career , I really appreciated the opportunity but I am bigger person inside with a lot of potential . I feel like I need more challenges and a change of location ,I need to spread my wings and fly one level up from what I am currently exposed to .I need more challenges and to explore what other organisations can Offer in my career .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AMPATH TRUST. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,5 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance