Anchor Harvey Components
3,2 out of 5 stars.

Anchor Harvey Components Employee Reviews

2,8Work-Life Balance

Fast paced environment Lots of hours Training Interesting to watch how the parts are made and the process. I was a inspector. Can be dirty. Kept clean especially for a forging company.

Pros

Lots of hours if thats what your into. Good benefits.

Cons

Usually only one maybe 2 days off. (Unless slow).

Good job for this area

If you're gonna live in Freeport. Anchor Harvey is one of the best jobs in the area. Decent pay and good benefits. They try and make sure you don't go hungry as well.

Terrible

Place is being run into the ground from the top down, nothing but mistreatment of any workers that aren't someone's little pet. Not a good or respectable work environment, all they do is coddle poor workers and drive away the good ones.

Horrible place to work

Extremely hot working environment. Management is not qualified and plays favorites. HR is a joke. Took away all perks and increased work load on certain employees not all. Everything is based on who your sleeping with or giving dope to

Pros

Breaks are paid

Cons

Everything besides paid breaks

Not a bad place

Long hours but worth it good work for anybody only problem I had the short time I was there was a lack of communication but there was only one instance of that the hardest part is being in hot conditions you have to stand by a furnace that's melting metal

Nice co workers

Enjoyed working there because of the people. The enviroment was relaxing at times. Meeting deadlines was a top priority while I worked there. My department ran smoothly.

if your a drug addict this is the place for you

Plenty of lowlife people here. Management has blinders on. But if your good on your knees you may do just fine. Plenty of drug dealers to get your fix. People have s+x in the parking lot. All around a miserable place to work. Filled with rasict people. The good news is they'll be out of business soon unless their sales team is replaced. If you don't mind management that let's people get away with harassment you'll be fine. If your a woman with a pulse I'd stay away, you will be harassed, even by the supervisors and the lead men.

Pros

They do offer good benefits.

Cons

worst management team I've been around, drug addicts, racists, 80% lowlife people.

Fun fast paced place to work

A day at Anchor Harvey was the perfect example of a job that was fun and productive at the same time. I have already been told that things are not the same without me there. My co-workers and supervisors were great there. It was difficult to adjust to the overtime when I first started the job because we were required to give a sixth day of our week on either Saturday or Sunday. I was there for a year and only had one full weekend off. Things were very busy at work and at times had to work a seventh day as well. I really enjoyed my punch press and my co-workers. I had the rare job in the plant. I ran a punch press and I was on it at all times. When I punched in I knew where I was going and didn't have to be told my assignment for the day. I trimmed parts at my station and sent them down on a conveyer to a grinder. I built many relationships with grinders during my time at Anchor Harvey.

I loved this job.

I loved this job, would still be there if the union didnt strike. People were great, the hours and pay were great. Had lots of good benifits.

Pros

felt very secure

Cons

were bought out and thats never good.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anchor Harvey Components. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2,8 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance
3,6 out of 5 stars for Salary/Benefits
3,0 out of 5 stars for Job Security/Advancement
2,9 out of 5 stars for Management
3,1 out of 5 stars for Culture
  • Anchor Harvey Components
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?