Android Industries
3,4 out of 5 stars.

Android Industries Employee Reviews

3,1Work-Life Balance

Good benefits

Okay to work at if you want to take some bull the Union's no good. Some of the leads and supervisor don't know their job. They will throw you another bus if there's a problem.

The pay was low and The job it's self was just miserable

The job was not anything special the pay was really low and we were always over worked lifting tires for a 9hr shift non stop you literally feel like a robot working there on top of all that you get no lunch break at all. Also if anything goes wrong it's always your fault not the machines or what else no matter if it's clear as day what the problem is it's gonna be your fault . Save your sanity and find a better warehouse to work at .

Stressful job.

I was stressed on that job from the time I started employment until the time it was over, some days were ok but for the most part they played favoritism the supervisors talked to you any kind of way wanted you to do jobs that weren't yours even if you had your own work to do. Some of them tried to say innaprpriate things to you and get mad if you don't accept their advancements and the union there does not work for you because if someone goes to them that they've been knowing longer with a complaint they will listen to them before they actually help you. If you go to work and just do your job and go home don't show any initiative to do anything extra you will be fine but if you're a hard worker they treat you bad and they overwork you and try to get rid of you.

Pros

Some of the workers.

Cons

Anybody thats leading or in the office and the union.

Awful management

Management is horrible. No clear guidance on projects. Management can’t explain what they need done. Worst job I’ve had in over 30 years. Absolutely zero direction and corporate is worse then local management.

One of the better factories that I've worked in.

Casual atmosphere, amiable co-workers, better than average pay and benefits for job the classification.Overtime is available regularly. There are many four-day weekends through out the year consisting of paid Statutory holidays, and a paid floater, along with a generous paid, ten-day shutdown for Christmas and New Years.

Pros

Great Christmas dinner, good, free, catered meals on occasions!

Cons

Repetitive work.

Machines broken and unfair managers

Bad company, tough work. More people need to speak up about how they been treated. There are many other places to work thats way better than this. Overworked and under valued

Pros

Free coffee and water

Cons

Paycheck deductions always been wrong and nobody cares to fix.

Good paying company. Lots of OT.

I enjoy working there. Plenty of ot hours.. Different areas to learn new skills. Gives you more chances to work more hours. Laid back environment in some areas and heavy lifting in others.

Pros

Extra hours avaible.

Cons

Not a control temputure environment. Shift trading by senority.

Everyone is lazy and ur a number not a person

Do not work here. This place is a joke. Its full of people that call themselves grown up but cry because they have to work 8 hours like at a normal job. Apparently everyone in there is tough. Nothing in there is nobody job but they make sure you'll do it. Also people pull of their mask to yell at you and they spit in your face

Pros

not a thing

Cons

everything

Downhill

Wouldnt recommend working here at all Management only looks out for themselves and HR doesnt help or care just stays in her office and is always unavailable This whole place gone downhill in a short amount of time

Pros

Cons

HR and management

If you can afford days off..

If you can survive the layoffs they have constantly, I guess it's an okay place. Do the bare minimum expected as in just show up and you'll be fine. Alot of coworkers can barely do that yet still work. You will always be picking up someone else's slack, management does not ... I can't stress that enough, DOES NOT care about you. Not a clean, safe place to work. When you actually are able to work, I guess it's a paycheck. Pay is decent for the jobs they offer. Wouldn't say best in the area at all but tolerable. Easy work if you can put up with everything else.

Pros

The job duties

Cons

Management, work-life balance, environment

All in all it aint to bad

Repetitive low pay extremely high turnover union does nothing for you insurance is ridiculously expensive and nobody works as a team yet management doesn't get involved

Pros

Simple job

Cons

Healthcare is high

Great workplace, good people

I liked my job in assembly. I made foam that goes inside the tire and made sure the line was loaded. You will get fit and in shape working with tires all day but the job itself is easy. Pay could be better but we got raises sometimes. My boss and team leader was nice and treated me fair. I had to leave for personal family matters but liked working at android.

Pros

Good leadership, easy work

Cons

Hot in the summer, pay could be better

Overall a great place to work

Innovative atmosphere that welcomes new ideas. The people are wonderful and fun to talk to. Office environment is mostly good, offer various opportunities if you prove yourself to be a good worker who is motivated and wants to advance.

Pros

Co-workers, environment, no micromanging.

Cons

Communication and training both have room for improvement

Great Team

A job is a job but the people you work with make it more than that. Having a great team makes Android a great place to work. We all help each other out and are rooted in the company culture. Another great thing about Android is that if you truly apply yourself in your work, you have opportunities to advance.

Clean environment and great culture

It is rewarding to be a part of the Greenville team. We modify tires for Michelin and have a lot of hard-working people dedicated to our goals. There is always something to learn and improve upon; we love a good challenge. I have learned a lot about manufacturing and leadership during my time here.

Pros

Free lunches and events, tuition reimbursement, good team

Cons

Not climate controled

it is a safe place to work

if you like to work this is the right place, and it's a safe placeThe bad we have to work much Sundays sometimes 7 days a week and some people in HR is rude

Pros

Some benefits are good

Cons

some of the HR staff are rude

Terrible work/life balance.

If you enjoy a balance of work and personal life, then don't work here. They don't rotate days off, so you'll work for 90 days straight and you'll get one day off after that 90 days off. The union won't help at all with it. Consider going somewhere else cause they'll most likely pay more .

Pros

Great benefits

Cons

Terrible work/ life balance

Horrible company

A lot of people who worked here were temps. Didn’t treat anyone fair and I felt like there was always drama in one form or another. Only worked here for a month or so because of that. Management didn’t seem to care about anything.

Pros

Cons

Poor management skills, lack of training

Its a typical warehouses environment!

Not systematic what so ever about most anything. The environment is really what you make of it the pay sucks but the benefits are decent. They require us here 6 days a week and sometimes 7 with little notice

Pros

Point system

Cons

Very unorganized

Heavy lifting

Lots of heavy lifting at main plant in Piedmont. They make tires and it’s not climate controlled. Pay is great though. Too far of a drive for me however.

Trabajo muy estable y se adquieren muchos conocimientos

Se aprende a ser muy competitivo y ser multifuncional en todas las áreas como producción, calidad logística y mantenimiento

Pros

Prestaciones superiores

Cons

ninguno

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Android Industries. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,1 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance