Anglo American

Anglo American Employee Reviews

South Africa548 reviews
5,0
Anglo American is a stable place to work with a good workplace culture. It has the added advantages of pension and medical aid. I enjoyed working in the corporate environment.
Pros
There were free lunches (not sure if that is still available)
Cons
There could possibly be long hours depending on the environment.
4,0
Just the manager it's always want things her on way, you can't showcase your experience and always treated like you don't know your responsebility and your duties
4,0
Gained a lot of experience and knowledge especially from immediate manager. Gained valuable knowledge on tax calculations, balancing ans sumission to SARS. Tax Directives, Statement of Accounts working with numerous Anglo tax entities and Business operations
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Head office snr management not communicating and caring at times
5,0
Im a cool guy whose looking for a job i dont choose what kind of a job i did this cos im a family men with two kids whose needing support just hire me then u will see that i will make a change
5,0
Fast paced, yet relaxed once goals are reached. Many things to learn in a short time. Good experience that will take me far, fully enjoyed my journey. Reqiures one to think out of the box.
5,0
Great to work at the company. They are very professional. The culture and values are great. The company has a healthy competition and allows employees to be innovative in their approach.
Safety talks

Pit shell design

Excellent working culture

Multidisciplinary work ethics

Excellent code of conduct
Pros
Excellent bonus scheme
Cons
Volatile work environment
3,0
sample preparation from receiving,drying,crushing,general splitting, milling and, micro splitting. We prepare samples from iron ore kumba,mine sishen.
3,0
I wish if the management could recognize stope service are doing great job for the company and also make recommendations to their salaries as they see effort that they put in the company.
5,0
this the company that each an every body need to be since it take care and respect to its employees. it also provide all the necessary needs for its people in and outside the company including its community.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Anglo American?
5,0
I wow company. I loved it there. Wish I could go back. The project world very interesting and the emphasis on safety as well as project recognition in monatory value.
Pros
Subsidy canteen
Cons
Projects was straneous but worth everything
5,0
At anglo platinum we always put our safety first and production comes second,Our management have that open door policies,everyone is free to view their opinion
Pros
bonuses
Cons
flexible hours
5,0
Learning to drive a project from the beginning to the final stages and the fullfilment of having achieved success combined with accolades received from senior management.
5,0
It was good for me to work in Anglo-American. I enjoyed culture and care. I grew in line of working in cooperate. Diversity was excellent. How I wished that my child could work there cause it is excellent environment
4,0
Help with expirience and skill about safety and good communication within working area during task given ,to report to supervisor unsafe condition and to use correct tools
5,0
Great organization, friendly environment good organixstional culture and ethical Leadership.
Transparent and honest is the order of the day. Care and Respect is demonstrated at all times
5,0
I loved working for this company. Management was fair and supportive. Job security was awesome and the overall culture was positive. Anglo empowered their employees a lot.
5,0
I will like to join this team and work with as a safety officer or a general woker. My one of my dream is to work with big companies like this one to help me achieve my goals
3,0
When i get to the office the first thing i do is to make a great cup of coffee, and open my email. I the categorize my deliverable and work on them based on high priority.
Great company overall.
The culture is lovely with a lot of opportunities in varies disciplines. It’s is the best company to start a career as your exposure is determined by you.
5,0
Not every day is the same
I have worked as an Executive Assistant and Secretary to either a department, single individual or multiple individuals in separate departments. These positions required extensive focus, diplomacy and flexibility.

I had the opportunity to learn policies, procedures and the protocol necessary to enforce them ethically and without liability.

Management need someone whom they can trust and to relay on

No hard part if you plan well and deliver in time

Most enjoyable part to work with different internal and external customers