Anglo American

Anglo American Employee Reviews

It is a very large company and lots of procedures to follow. Seemed that inter-departmental co-operation was not fostered, rather a competitive attitude was kindled.
Pros
Free Gym, free cooked lunch
Anglo American Platinum was the best company I worked for,and I still can work for it.it taught me lot of things especially on my Hr field of work.keep up the good work for all employees working for the company especially who are the to learn and to make sure company grow on productionAnglo is a company that put people first and education for anglo is one of their best key am talking from experience I went to do my Human Resources Diploma through Anglo at Maccauvlei institutions at vereeniging.Anglo American Platinum is the best when it comes from their employees
Pros
Not apicable
Cons
Company hours
Safety first when coming to production they allow you to stop if you feel unsafe.give you full training related to your job. Makes you understand if you don't. Apply safety at all time. Work according to mine procedure and understand it. Safety. Care and Respect. Accountability. Collaboration.
Pros
No lunchtime take your own time
Cons
Atlist one hour
Very challenging work environment. potential for growth within departments. Stable policies and procedures. Team work within colleagues. Open door policy
Pros
culture
Cons
long driving distance to operations
The workplace is productive. Everyday there are new challenges to solve. Dependent on the role you fullfill. Company lingo present daily. Eg: I am in a good space.
Pros
Learning environment
Cons
Team work help me to learn new things care and respect. I have learn a lot because I arrive as a new recruit with no idea yet I learn in training crew
Pros
We only eat on arrival after we focus on work as per job planning of the day
Cons
Christmas breaks festive system or easters depending on calender of companyo
Improve management structure and skills. Have a room for development at workplace and treat every equally, stop harassing and victimizing people for expressing their thoughts and feelings.
Pros
Nothing for mahala... Even tjovitjo is issued to favorites
Cons
No fatigue management especially on engineering
Productive,problem solving experience,modeling,innovative need quality job at right time,right people,right way and right machines for particular job
Pros
Allowed time
Cons
Correct hours
You gain alot of experience in Anglo American and workplace is fun and you gain and explore with Anglo American throughout the mining industry. Would love to go back!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short hours
The Coal SA business (aka Anglo Coal) has good salaries and bonuses - they are above average, although disparities tend to be based on racial lines, i.e. white personnel in the same role make more and advance faster.Mining and Engineering are probably best departments to be in, the managers in those departments tend to have a lot of say and are generally better at managing their departments. The same can't be said for Technical Services, particularly Geology - management is weak and the department tends to be sidelined. The company culture is more concerned about putting in the hours than the quality of work produced. Probably not the best place to be in if you seek an intellectual challenge - work is repetitive and innovation is only encouraged in theory but generally never accepted.
Pros
Development courses are paid for and encouraged, Further degrees can be paid for depending on the line manager
Cons
Intellectually not stimulating, Afrikaans culture still very strong, Afrikaans used to sideline black employees at the mines
It is very interesting to work for Anglo American as they value of their people and make them their priorities including the community around them and safely is number one always, procedures are on place and standards, working class in very high and the company is very productive.
Cons
Anglo American is a great company. Takes care of communities and employees, operate on an open door policy. Employees with potential are developed, and am an example of that process.
Pros
Safety first policy
Cons
Lower level salaries a concern
Anglo American is a stable place to work with a good workplace culture. It has the added advantages of pension and medical aid. I enjoyed working in the corporate environment.
Pros
There were free lunches (not sure if that is still available)
Cons
There could possibly be long hours depending on the environment.
Just the manager it's always want things her on way, you can't showcase your experience and always treated like you don't know your responsebility and your duties
Gained a lot of experience and knowledge especially from immediate manager. Gained valuable knowledge on tax calculations, balancing ans sumission to SARS. Tax Directives, Statement of Accounts working with numerous Anglo tax entities and Business operations
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Head office snr management not communicating and caring at times
Im a cool guy whose looking for a job i dont choose what kind of a job i did this cos im a family men with two kids whose needing support just hire me then u will see that i will make a change
Fast paced, yet relaxed once goals are reached. Many things to learn in a short time. Good experience that will take me far, fully enjoyed my journey. Reqiures one to think out of the box.
Great to work at the company. They are very professional. The culture and values are great. The company has a healthy competition and allows employees to be innovative in their approach.
Safety talks working place visit Production meetings Supportive & collaborative management Management of labour unrests Pit shell design Excellent working culture Multidisciplinary work ethics Excellent code of conduct
Pros
Excellent bonus scheme
Cons
Volatile work environment
sample preparation from receiving,drying,crushing,general splitting, milling and, micro splitting. We prepare samples from iron ore kumba,mine sishen.
I wish if the management could recognize stope service are doing great job for the company and also make recommendations to their salaries as they see effort that they put in the company.
  1. Employee Reviews