Anglo American

Anglo American Employee Reviews

South Africa564 reviews

Found 564 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,136 reviews

Working for one of the wealthiest organizations in the world is challenging and at times it is hard to monitor the impact you have as an employee, but it's still important to share your ideas and propel the company forward whether you receive any recognition.

Pros

Every need is catered to

Cons

Best company to work foe

Continuous trainings enable empliyees to become more productiveIt has great people to work with.Great management open door policy.We working remotely

Productive, progressive and interesting environment to work at

It is a world class mining company that cares about its employees.They encourage good values such as honesty, integrity,accountability and collaborative.

Pros

Tjovitjo initiative

Cons

Spares takes forever to arrive

Very nice place to be

We are family at Anglo-American, it's interesting to work at Anglo-American so there is no need to panic about work and how you can get the job done.. We work according to the schedule

Pros

Free PPE and Tea

Cons

Normal hours

Good company

It is a very large company and lots of procedures to follow. Seemed that inter-departmental co-operation was not fostered, rather a competitive attitude was kindled.

Pros

Free Gym, free cooked lunch

Productive experiences and human resources field

Anglo American Platinum was the best company I worked for,and I still can work for it.it taught me lot of things especially on my Hr field of work.keep up the good work for all employees working for the company especially who are the to learn and to make sure company grow on productionAnglo is a company that put people first and education for anglo is one of their best key am talking from experience I went to do my Human Resources Diploma through Anglo at Maccauvlei institutions at vereeniging.Anglo American Platinum is the best when it comes from their employees

Pros

Not apicable

Cons

Company hours

Productive and safe

Safety first when coming to production they allow you to stop if you feel unsafe.give you full training related to your job. Makes you understand if you don't. Apply safety at all time. Work according to mine procedure and understand it. Safety. Care and Respect. Accountability. Collaboration.

Pros

No lunchtime take your own time

Cons

Atlist one hour

Fun workplace

Very challenging work environment. potential for growth within departments. Stable policies and procedures. Team work within colleagues. Open door policy

Pros

culture

Cons

long driving distance to operations

Structured workplace.

The workplace is productive. Everyday there are new challenges to solve. Dependent on the role you fullfill. Company lingo present daily. Eg: I am in a good space.

Pros

Learning environment

Cons

Render services through descipline dedication and development,innovation,care and respect,colaboration

Team work help me to learn new things care and respect. I have learn a lot because I arrive as a new recruit with no idea yet I learn in training crew

Pros

We only eat on arrival after we focus on work as per job planning of the day

Cons

Christmas breaks festive system or easters depending on calender of companyo

Not fun under current management

Improve management structure and skills. Have a room for development at workplace and treat every equally, stop harassing and victimizing people for expressing their thoughts and feelings.

Pros

Nothing for mahala... Even tjovitjo is issued to favorites

Cons

No fatigue management especially on engineering

Company with bright future

Productive,problem solving experience,modeling,innovative need quality job at right time,right people,right way and right machines for particular job

Pros

Allowed time

Cons

Correct hours

Productive and fun workplace

You gain alot of experience in Anglo American and workplace is fun and you gain and explore with Anglo American throughout the mining industry. Would love to go back!

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short hours

The Coal SA business (aka Anglo Coal) has good salaries and bonuses - they are above average, although disparities tend to be based on racial lines, i.e. white personnel in the same role make more and advance faster.Mining and Engineering are probably best departments to be in, the managers in those departments tend to have a lot of say and are generally better at managing their departments. The same can't be said for Technical Services, particularly Geology - management is weak and the department tends to be sidelined. The company culture is more concerned about putting in the hours than the quality of work produced. Probably not the best place to be in if you seek an intellectual challenge - work is repetitive and innovation is only encouraged in theory but generally never accepted.

Pros

Development courses are paid for and encouraged, Further degrees can be paid for depending on the line manager

Cons

Intellectually not stimulating, Afrikaans culture still very strong, Afrikaans used to sideline black employees at the mines

Anglo American is very good company when coming to safety, standards and regulations.

It is very interesting to work for Anglo American as they value of their people and make them their priorities including the community around them and safely is number one always, procedures are on place and standards, working class in very high and the company is very productive.

Cons

Overall Anglo American is a company to work for.

Anglo American is a great company. Takes care of communities and employees, operate on an open door policy. Employees with potential are developed, and am an example of that process.

Pros

Safety first policy

Cons

Lower level salaries a concern

A professional and collaberative environment

Anglo American is a stable place to work with a good workplace culture. It has the added advantages of pension and medical aid. I enjoyed working in the corporate environment.

Pros

There were free lunches (not sure if that is still available)

Cons

There could possibly be long hours depending on the environment.

It's a good company

Just the manager it's always want things her on way, you can't showcase your experience and always treated like you don't know your responsebility and your duties

Productive, and learned a lot

Gained a lot of experience and knowledge especially from immediate manager. Gained valuable knowledge on tax calculations, balancing ans sumission to SARS. Tax Directives, Statement of Accounts working with numerous Anglo tax entities and Business operations

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Head office snr management not communicating and caring at times

I can work as soon as u need me

Im a cool guy whose looking for a job i dont choose what kind of a job i did this cos im a family men with two kids whose needing support just hire me then u will see that i will make a change

Intuitive, good and mind challenging experience

Fast paced, yet relaxed once goals are reached. Many things to learn in a short time. Good experience that will take me far, fully enjoyed my journey. Reqiures one to think out of the box.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anglo American. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3