Anglo American

Anglo American Employee Reviews

South Africa583 reviews

4,0Work-Life Balance

Found 583 reviews matching the searchSee all 1 180 reviews

Some department are good to work on, however Research Department was not.

The most toughest part about Anglo, is compositions and benefits where an employee has to pay almost half in everything. Comparing to the the current company they full pay medical aid. which left an employee stress-free.

Excellent Workplace

Excellent work place , enjoyed everything from great environment to company perks , good working environment with a lot of room for growth , overall great company

A good place to work for

Anglo is a perfect company to work for.A fun workplaceHODs are super coolEmployees are more informed and trained very good 👌Management is very friendly and approachable

Pros

Bonuses

Cons

Short break

Learning and healthy working environment

Anglo-American is a wonderful country that requires effort and positive energy to work for. It provides with innovative ideas especially on safety side.It also supports individual with social problems such as stress and family issues with counseling and support

Pros

Sufficient PPE and spares

Cons

Not easy to get a job

I've gaiya lot of experience working at Anglo and the knowledge I received was great

Anglo has taught me not only to be safe at work also at home make safety my everyday priority. I've also learned that I can be my brother's keeper Nd respect not only whom I know but everyone.

Pros

Voucher when working for the holidays to help out with groceries.

Cons

Health care ext

Great company to learn from

Enjoy the work n team structure. There's high expectations from management with little training provided. A promise of courses to helh further our careers has not been fulfilled.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Contract jobs

Review based as previous service provider

The company rewards it's contractors well and provides good some development. The brand is overall well represented in the community through various projects and sponsorships especially in the fields of education, sport and culture.

Pros

Same development

Productive and goal oriented

Great company to work for, the company takes care of the employees mentally, emotionally and physically.They are willing to listen to employee concerns and find a solution.A good work and play environment.

exciting and focused

I have learned to be independent, honest and riliability. my management were very welcoming and assisting prepared at anytime. culture was very exciting since we have diffrerent people it was very accomodative, there are times in your jounery where you will face challenges where you had to report the cousation of lost production in afternoons where maybe you have sent lot of staff to training then it effects production, most enjoyable when my section win the target and get gifts

Pros

no free lunch you bring your own

Cons

there are short breaks when you go out get some fresh air

Had a care an respect

i like that company because it care and respect ther employees all the time and thy make sure there employees had a 100 percent no harmed it always zero harm

Productive in a safe environment

Mine and safety procedures form the core of business at Anglo-American to produce a safe and efficient tonnage. Basic salaries are slightly below average although they make it up with the benefits and manpower development.

Challenging and exciting place to work

The work is challenging but dynamic so it keeps you on your feet. However job descriptions aren't clear always and there's a lot of ambiguity in what your responsibilities are so a lot of the time you end up taking on a lot more things that you should.

Company which supports growth

The graduate program aims to grow and develop your skills in your job. You are given suitable responsibility. The package and remuneration is very competitive.

Great for Learning but no growth for development

Transparency should be made in terms off Shared services and Anglo Platinum for candidates applying as they get sold lies at times . Politics in the workplace is a no no that does not allow you to grow within the company regardless off the experience you have even going for a lower position still get rejected. Management should uphold true values of Anglo American and ensure the growth within the company retaining employees. Pay scale not the greatest but manageable for such a reputable big company .

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

No benefits housing, overtime, no growth if you want to grow into senior position

Boring

They dont care about leaners at all and even salary dont change or even overtime they work for its nothing is less than R16 while you over worked and you dont even get bonus thou you worked hard

Cons

The job is nice and easy

Personal protection equipment on a standard,working places safe also and good commication from the management and the payments receive on time and many more health and safety applied

The company is productive and value development.

This company is the best with youth development, they shape new talented minds to become professionals. They value and care about their employees and growth.

We manage production.

Anglo American is a good company except that in some other technical services the salaries are lower than the other sites of the company, which in my view is not fair. As result one might end up saying Anglo-American is a bad company however it is a good company to work for.

Pros

I have no idea

Cons

No long hours

Safety comes first so that we can work at the safe place and people or workers comes first

For me personally anglo American was a good company to work for, because they take safety of their employees first, and we work as a family. Safety is the number one priority. Care and respect is there at anglo American. We work as a brothers sisters keeper. Every time you start a job we need to check the hazard or something can course danger to employees. Even if the type of job change we also check the hazard because we are going to do another job.

Pros

No free lanches

Cons

Normal working hours and standby when needed

Best company to work foe

Continuous trainings enable empliyees to become more productiveIt has great people to work with.Great management open door policy.We working remotely

Working for one of the wealthiest organizations in the world is challenging and at times it is hard to monitor the impact you have as an employee, but it's still important to share your ideas and propel the company forward whether you receive any recognition.

Pros

Every need is catered to

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Anglo American. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 1 180 reviews