Anglo American
Coronavirus update

Anglo American Management reviews

South Africa550 reviews
4,0
Just the manager it's always want things her on way, you can't showcase your experience and always treated like you don't know your responsebility and your duties
4,0
Gained a lot of experience and knowledge especially from immediate manager. Gained valuable knowledge on tax calculations, balancing ans sumission to SARS. Tax Directives, Statement of Accounts working with numerous Anglo tax entities and Business operations
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Head office snr management not communicating and caring at times
Safety talks

Pit shell design

Excellent working culture

Multidisciplinary work ethics

Excellent code of conduct
Pros
Excellent bonus scheme
Cons
Volatile work environment
3,0
I wish if the management could recognize stope service are doing great job for the company and also make recommendations to their salaries as they see effort that they put in the company.
5,0
At anglo platinum we always put our safety first and production comes second,Our management have that open door policies,everyone is free to view their opinion
Pros
bonuses
Cons
flexible hours
5,0
Learning to drive a project from the beginning to the final stages and the fullfilment of having achieved success combined with accolades received from senior management.
5,0
I loved working for this company. Management was fair and supportive. Job security was awesome and the overall culture was positive. Anglo empowered their employees a lot.
5,0
Not every day is the same
I have worked as an Executive Assistant and Secretary to either a department, single individual or multiple individuals in separate departments. These positions required extensive focus, diplomacy and flexibility.

I had the opportunity to learn policies, procedures and the protocol necessary to enforce them ethically and without liability.

Management need someone whom they can trust and to relay on
No hard part if you plan well and deliver in time
Most enjoyable part to work with different internal and external customers
4,0
having to work at Anglo American, has given me vast knowledge, about personal selling and business management, most important developing customer relationships.

the company culture, was not strict as much, because of the excellent management task. at the company, I had no quarrel with co-workers nor management.

the downfall, which hit me hard it was when my contract ended.
5,0
Good working environment, freee breakfast and lunch, good working hours, staff and management are great people, cell phone benefits and 4g dongles. Great company.
5,0
You grow and learn a lot from working at Anglo-American. Employee are treated as asset and trained to equip them with the necessary skills and knowledge. The relationship between the management and the workers is a very good one as everyone is treated with dignity and respect. The values are also good especially because honest is the culture of the company to achieve safe production
2,0
Salary can be improved for artisans but overall good. Management is very involved in the day to day production. Mine currently expanding their operations
4,0
As a senior Project manager at Anglo American i used to manage day-to-day operational aspects of projects and project scope by effectively applying methodologies that enforce project standards and by minimizing exposure and risks on projects. Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements, including the identification of needed resources and assignment to appropriate personnel.
Anglo American presents a good company to work for, but presents a highly corporate environment with many challenges. Typical to the Senior Project Manager the job aligns with hours booked and if the company struggle to win projects, you as an individual may lose your position. During a strong economy, the company presents many opportunities related to skills development, opportunities to grow and become involved in diverse client engagements. The job culture requires a lot of input. The company presents an accepted salary but they comprise of no enough bonus system. During good times they give you additional compensation that presents about 6% of your monthly salary.
The management varies and typical to project Management it presents a competitive environment. Therefore management tends to look after themselves first and always attempt to find a way to stay billable. Sometimes to the disadvantage of staff members. The hardest of the job involves the billability aspect and if you not an Manager it may become difficult to stay afloat because of minimal management support. Overall it stays a good company to work for during strong economic times.
2,0
the management was fair and learned about the safety of the workers and the building.searched the exiting cars to check if anything was stolen goods.
1,0
They don't follow procedure in some cases on dealing with discip inary cases, they don't investigate the matter before they take drastic action over a person. I know someone was dismissed without any proof and he was not granted an appeal just like..it sucks
4,0
Best company I ever work for also the only place were I have ever see that senior management live according to the company's core values and giving assistance to there employees
5,0
Excelente empresa, posibilidades de desarrollo, cultura de colaboración.
Pros
Posibilidades de desarrollo
Cons
Mejorar algunos beneficios
5,0
The company culture is positive and value enabling. There is a feeling of family not only a workplace.
Social functions includes all employees

Management is caring and engaging

Stable and loved company
4,0
working at projects its hard work and need flexibility as anything can happen anytime and need to focus, working with contractors that most of the workers are on low education level, so you need to stay awake and focused as we need to achieve our project timelines safely in a healthy and hygienic environment.

strong qualities and personality of working with both project management and contractors
5,0
Would start around 8 with the Information Management team. I learnt a lot about how contractors hired from different companies came together to work as one team. Leant a lot about changing technologies and the financial, project and management functions.
Hardest part was that it was central johannesburg and lots of traffic.

Being rewarded lucratively was a factor that motivated me to do my job but I was only a contractor and was let go due to restructuring, also I was looking to get back into a proper SAP Consultant Job not only work on projects with management.
Pros
Huge selection of free lunches daily
4,0
I would get there prepare for the guys hold a safety meeting with the team and plan for the shift. Then I would go present the days plan to the engineer and receive any special instructions, there after I have coffee change prepare to go underground to do over inspections and assist where need be. There is a lot I learnt which was beyond my trade in order to help mining we would really support them so we reached the end goal of production. We had management courses that we would attend every now and then, these would help us in the work environment even in dealing with a few managers who were difficult to deal with. The culture was nothing new or difficult, example act with integrity which were things that were supposed to be a norm. The hardest part of the job was the long working hours that we had integrated into of 12 hours 6 days morning shift and 12 hours 6 days night shift and 8 days off. I enjoyed solving problems whatever issues we had was a challenge I wanted to solve at the end, I did it with my team and we did it with pride.
Pros
Development