ARAMEX

ARAMEX Employee Reviews

South Africa14 reviews
3,0
we are a fast past company and you have to keep your eye on the ball , in order to ensure shipments get cleared fast.
we lack proper decision makers...
Pros
non
1,0
Workers are paid very little and are treated like slaves. There's no growth opportunities or any educational opportunities to send workers for to improve their knowledge they really pay you little
It was challenging environment,
I learnt a lot nd gain lot of experience,

I gained lot of knowledge in logistics industry about the movement of goods.
3,0
It's is a great company to work in, especially if you are a people's person like me. The company relies on good customer service to its new and old clients. Over all. It was a great experience.
Pros
Lunch breaks
4,0
It was really good to work for Aramex and I have learned a lot, one of the things I learned was telephone etiquette cause I was given a phone to make contacts with the customers as and when needed and to contact the office should there be a need for such.
Pros
Allowed to have access to the cellphone when there are emergencies
5,0
Going through emails to check for replies received on rates and applying them to urgent estimates. Compiling any outstanding estimates timeously. Checking if freight is the best option not courier
Cons
No medical aid or thirteenth cheque
3,0
Working in the Express Courier business for 3 years now, I can say without any hesitation. Aramex is a great Company to work for.

I had the privilege of working with a great commercial team.
Pros
Team Spirit is great, driven by great management initiatives for all the individual staff, Opportunity to advance is available, depending on what is available, Strong global presence.
Cons
Lack of communication across departments leading to service failure. Operational negligence, with no disciplinary action that follows. No benefits, i.e. Pension, Provident fund or Medical aid. Unrealistic sales targets, only based on your basic salary with no evaluation of the market.
3,0
A typical day would be coming in to work checking on the day before deliveries , if there is something wrong need to find solutions for that asap , as well as informing the customer waiting for the shipment.checking you emails for possible bookings for collections. Answering the phone between 8 am -10:30 there is a constant flow of calls , so u need to multitask and work fast and efficiently .
After 11 am calls tend to die down due to clients shipments being delivered . During this free moment filing and scanning of the proof of delivery slips, adding them to system. Checking for undelivered shipments calling sender and receiver to find alternate delivery address.After 1 pm the lunch rush comes in calls for quotes and new collections are being booked.
Pros
Free Lunches and customer service appreciation week.
Cons
Doing multiple peoples jobs, no benefits
4,0
i learned to always give 110% to my work and also to be patiant and work as a team. the people i worked with always made things easy for me from the first day i worked there and made me feel comfortable and i settled in quickly because of that and i will be forever greatfull for the experiance i got.
Pros
always get free lunch
Cons
long hours when needed
5,0
Aramex Was one company that was never a work place to me.

it was rather a family than work. the managements the co-workers and the structures were just amazing. sadly my contract expired but I wish to work there as long as I wanted. I will forever miss them.
5,0
I have learned a lot at the company, I started as a Data capture before I got promoted as Account Monitor, through my co-workers have taught me how to work in a team work, My job is challenging that is what I enjoyed mostly about it, because it keeps me motivated and productive.
Pros
Free transport to and from work
2,0
to render service and what I learned is to multi task and being able to deal with conflict and work nice with the team
hardest was to work night shift always

being appreciated by client for a work well done
Pros
braai and vouchers
Cons
working nightshift always
4,0
productive work night shifts only a month with the company not much to say
2,0
starting at 8:00 sharp I would collect billing copies from operations, open co-mail from other branches, then start capturing all info onto the system, working under pressure as I have to be done by no later that 12:00

while capturing info, phones would ring, and I'd answer and transfer to relevant person or if everyone is occupied, handle the client myself.

after capturing billing copies, I would check which ones are verified or not, and hand them over to our acc department and then file the verified copies. the straight afterwards send co-mail on to different branches.

any walk in client wanting to send a parcel to anywhere in the world, I would attend to and also explain procedure of different services as well as pro's and con's when the client starts discussing cost

after handling the client I would then go to my desk, answer incoming calls, transferring them,filling in cash sheets and have my pettycash tin with me at our acc dept and then sign over the cash.

when returning to the office once again, I would answer and transfer, read e-mails, help clients over e-mails, book collections, handle queries, etc etc
Pros
early fridays when finishing weekend shifts
Cons
ridiculous hours, barely any lunch break unless discussed with supervisor