Aspen Pharmacare logo
4,0 out of 5 stars.

Aspen Pharmacare Employee Reviews in Port Elizabeth, Eastern Cape

3,8Work-Life Balance

productive environment,

gained lots of experience in the pharmaceutical worldenjoyed the challenges that one faces every minutehardest part of job is when you have to step in for the colleagues i their absence but does not reciprocateculture was okeveryone to themselves working for the sole purpose of providing for family and oneselfmanagement (not all) to be more approachable

Pros

not really

Cons

i am not afraid of working, be it normal or long hours

I had the best years at aspen and i enjoy everyday at aspen

Aspen is a good company to work at.The people on the floor always worked together to have a great output and qaulity product.Team work is important at Aspen.always be punctual and flexible.

Pros

Meal voucher

Cons

You need to be flexible

Good experience to work there.

Aspen Pharmacare is fin to work for and the benefits are great.The exlerience yoi receive the are also beneficial.When started working there I did not have experience about Pharmaceutical companies but I learned a lot and the management and training they give you is great.They also send you on courses and they gi e busaries if you wish to study more.

Productive and very healthy work place

Very friendly and comfortable while safe and secure and clean environment. Best communication between management and stuff. Strict and challenging SOPsGrowth and stuff development. All in all its the best place to work for.. Offers skills development.

Pros

Vouchers and prizes to be won

Cons

Overtime request

Interesting

I enjoyed my work with challenge's but I had great management team support. If I can get a chance I would like to work there again. The most important thing about Aspen you have to understand their policy and SOP's.

Pros

Cons

Overtime

Horrible

People retrenched without any prior communication. Receiving calls to be told job is reduntant. Management has no communication skills, hide secrets and lack personal skills

Cons

No care for employees

Productive strict fun place

Aspen Pharmacare has been an amazing place to work for,I have gained a lot of analytical and leadership skills.The culture of the company has been the guide that communication,respect and accountability is the key. The hardest part is when the retrenchment phase,where I found out that I am in the retrenchment pool. I enjoyed working with different people with different personality and sharing of ideas to reach common goal. If it was not for retrenchment I would still be working for this company.

Cons

Excessive over time

Fast pace company to work for. Hard working people working together to meet deadlines and goals. High volumes of work but manageable. There is a lot to be learned from this company.

Pros

Free wifi in canteen

Cons

High volumes of work

Company good to work

Was a great learning experience. Managers are fair. Company see to their workers. Workers well being always taken into account. Integrity is important. Company don't tolerate theft and misconduct.

Perfect learning ground

Perfect learning ground Competitive Needs one to focus on their goal Shine and know why you are there Most advanced in the industry Benchmark for local companies

Follow sop's all the time

It's nice working at aspen, we work as a team, we follow sop's. They give 100% provident fund, 50% medical aid. There s overtime. They offer bursaries and learnerships, there's room for growth.

Poor culture

Mangement has no respect for their employees. Unreliastic timelines. Scope of projects are always changing. Poor strategic decisions have been made at certain sites.

Pros

Salary

Microbial Technician

You must always be on time try to be 10 mins before work. I was an Environmentalist and had to see over my team in the sterile facility. You have to to read your SOP thoroughly and keep your SOP version always up to date. They are a strict company. There was always work and you need to finish even if your shift is over. Getting paid was the enjoyable part of the month.

I have been with Aspen since 08Decmber2008.. I have dedicated 10years of loyal service and given the best years of life in service as young family man

Typical day at work consist of proper planning to make sure all departments are issued all materials needed. Ive learnt many things like time management and most importantly working with different people and different ethnic cultures. Workplace culture is OK. There's not much difficulties to my job because I'm doing it for years now. Thing I love about my job is that I have a contribution on making the world a healthier pla e

Greatest company I worked for.

Aspen Pharmacare will always have the potential to grow from strength to strength because they enrich and empower their employees. Offers employees endless opportunities to grow with the company.

Productive work place

New challenges everyday new experience with assisting executives everyday Managements equity is one race dominated job security is absolutely guaranteed

Work load

There was a lot of work required of someone working during the university vacation. The reason why i did this was for experience. Working during the vacation has its difficulties.

Productive but mismanaged

Aspen is a good company to work for but it has its floors like every other company. It requires long working hours with no reward (incentive programme) in place to reward or give back to employees for their hard and good work.

Poor planning and poor communication and stressful environment

Lack of proper management. Due to lack of management the work flow does not flow properly on the floor. Overload staff with responsibilities and work and because of this people feel overwhelmed and make mistakes easily. People have to fight for training it's not an ongoing process. There are no team building efforts in place and they don't look at your profile to see what is your strengths and what is your weaknesses and how they can build you to be a better employee. It's all about numbers and the money that the need to make.

Pros

None no freebies

A good place for self development

A typical day at work is intense and keeps you going from the start to end of your day. Management is open to suggestions and give you room to grow. The workplace culture is stiff at floor and middle management level, and takes some work to break through. The most enjoyable part of the job is having made a difference or impact at the end of the day.

Pros

Job development, internships and Bursaries

Cons

Inflexible work culture

productie and Fun place to be at

Aspen is a great place to be at I've learnt a lot in terms of cultural differences and unique diversity. the relationship between the management and the people is exceptionally well. I don't regret being here I'm always happy.

Pros

Discounts when buying lunch

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aspen Pharmacare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4,0