Aspen

Aspen Employee Reviews

4,0
Fast paced environment, lots of growth opportunities. Be flexible as change is constant. Have a growth mindset, be a team player. Be willing to go the extra mile
2,0
My career to date has given me a solid understanding of how to contribute effective to production plans, adding value to continuous improvements and take any actions necessary to get day-to-day factory problems and conflicts resolved.
5,0
I learned a lot in a short period of time, from how the product is started and to the end product, it's a go working that can develop a person from experience to a healthy life style.
1,0
While i was there we had good times and have awesome people working here. 3 retrenchments in the last 18 mths have taken its toll. I'm sorry to say this but I wouldn't recommend Aspen to any of my friends. Really poor leadership that are soley focussed on cutting cost and steam rolling of the staff is common. Staff just keep quiet because senior managers dont listen and they need to protect their jobs.
Cons
bad culture, poor communication, no teamwork, poor leadership
4,0
Fetch the material that I have to use one the day and I signed for it,Then I put on the machine and make sure that every thing works well before I start.I make sure the products(pills)comply with its specification (Quality Assurance)where I work with the Pharmacist on a step by step to counter sign on my documents and I submit all the document for that particular batch when done,I dis amble the machine and I clean it preparing for the next batch.I learned the importance of health and safety at work.Also how to work both as a leader and as a member of the team.The employees were united and respectful to its managers.The hardest part was the night shift though there was an allowance for it. Ofcoz the pay day and the fact that the team leaders were very helpful when the member has a certain difficulty or misunderstanding about the job.Generally it was the good company.
Pros
was involved in community development the part i enjoyed most
Cons
night shift
3,0
what i have learned at Aspen is that i have worked with people who have ambition and that inspired me to go extra mile, it was wonderful to work with such amazing people who are go getter, who knows what they want and go for it.
Pros
Flexible hours
3,0
Being a production pharmacist entails an overall production knowledge which involves production,engineering as well as pharmaceutical. It is a very good job that trains to work diligently, qualitatively application of Good manufacturing practises under pressure.great skills arquired
Pros
wide career growth
Cons
shift hours
4,0
Life at work is Ok in the sense that i do my daily calibrations and verificationbefore any body starts work. I try to finish this before everybody starts working because normally each group has a daily status meeting. When i am done as aan expect in instrumentation analysts will come asking for assistance with their tasks. Wwhat i have learned is that if you are friendly with people they will allways be confortable with you and always seek your help. People when they make mistakes like to put a lbame on instrumen tand their leaders confront you as a technnician. You help everybody with everything and not get paid for your endless efforts Management can be helpfull by implementing systems that can show instrument downtimes and causes to eliminate shifting blames. The hardeest part of the job is when people do not know what they are doing,blame instruments,with experience get to solutions and the very same leader who you helped does not come to apologies. The most enjoyable part is that you come to help everybody with any challenge and you feel like you are running the place.
Pros
No teambuilding
Cons
To earn more money work a lo of overtime
5,0
learnt alot about the pharmaceutical side of business. would like to learn more. contract expires tomorrow, end of MAy 2013
4,0
Aspen is not a bad company at all.I am currently on a learneship for Wholesale Retail and Distribution.
Pros
100% pension fund
Cons
shifts