Aspen

Aspen Management reviews

South Africa10 reviews
4,0
Life at work is Ok in the sense that i do my daily calibrations and verificationbefore any body starts work. I try to finish this before everybody starts working because normally each group has a daily status meeting.
When i am done as aan expect in instrumentation analysts will come asking for assistance with their tasks.

Wwhat i have learned is that if you are friendly with people they will allways be confortable with you and always seek your help.

People when they make mistakes like to put a lbame on instrumen tand their leaders confront you as a technnician. You help everybody with everything and not get paid for your endless efforts

Management can be helpfull by implementing systems that can show instrument downtimes and causes to eliminate shifting blames.
The hardeest part of the job is when people do not know what they are doing,blame instruments,with experience get to solutions and the very same leader who you helped does not come to apologies.

The most enjoyable part is that you come to help everybody with any challenge and you feel like you are running the place.
Pros
No teambuilding
Cons
To earn more money work a lo of overtime
1,0
While i was there we had good times and have awesome people working here. 3 retrenchments in the last 18 mths have taken its toll. I'm sorry to say this but I wouldn't recommend Aspen to any of my friends. Really poor leadership that are soley focussed on cutting cost and steam rolling of the staff is common. Staff just keep quiet because senior managers dont listen and they need to protect their jobs.
Cons
bad culture, poor communication, no teamwork, poor leadership