Assupol Life

Assupol Life Management reviews

South Africa59 reviews
3,0
Its an environment wheres the different opportunities however the management does allow people to grow. You end demotivated because you are in the same position and you have so much to offer and ideas however there's no one to support you. And the salary its to little the only way to grow is to apply another position elsewhere.
2,0
You get to learn all about red tape and corporate dynamics from the get-go. The management tries but the culture is not good, unfortunately. Favoritism, corporate politics, and poor senior to mid-level management affect the workplace. In terms of benefits, it is an excellent company to work for (funeral cover, life insurance and retirement package). And the top Executives seem approachable and friendly.
3,0
Working at Assupol has developed my skills of a risk assessment, confidential records management, effective decision making as well as delivery accurate timeous reporting. Management treat employees in a professional way and we respect each other.
hardest part is when we take a decision that will affect the client's finance . eg informing the client that we decline the claim because deceased died within the waiting period .

I enjoy my work because I have helping my clients
3,0
I suggest for fielding. The management should be available to its employees and pay them fairly. I was paid R247 on December 2019. Ended up leaving...
5,0
The experience was not easely learned but it was worth it however the challenge was the competition in the field of work. Hence the management was very supportive.
5,0
Had the best experience at Assupol. They value their employees, have great benefits and promote growth of their employees. Would go back anytime.......
3,0
Assupol is a very good company with good wealth however with Newcastle office everything is a mess and senior management is scared to put control over that manager even if you need help from your reginal manager he can't provide help even the head office.
Work from 07h30 to 16h00
Great opportunities for studying (learnerships for employees and bursaries)

Room for growth if you're willing to commit

Management takes care of employees
Great co workers
Pros
Quarterly incentives and 14th cheque
Cons
Everything is done on paper so lot of paperwork
4,0
You need to work,self discipline and time management.
Good managerial skills

Traveling and looking for clients

Selling the various products.it's fun to work at ASSUPOL especially when you reach your targets.
Pros
Company Vehicle
Cons
Unpredictable working hours
5,0
You need to work,self discipline and time management.
Good mangerial skills

Traveling and looking for clients

Selling the various products.it's fun to work at ASSUPOL especially when you rich your targets
Pros
Compony vihicle
Cons
Hard and long hours
5,0
A typical day at work is full of quality productivity looking after internal and external clients.
I learn every day, that makes giving quality service to clients so much more awarding

Management forms an important part in any company and assist with mentoring and employee development
Workplace culture forms part of the heart of a company and as an old employee I know the value and specialness of Assupol life's workplace culture.
The hardest part of a job is making a deadline for a project, but working together as a team, we will overcome the problem and complete the project in the specified timeframe

The most enjoyable part is to see a happy client and complete a project successfully in time.
Pros
Stability
4,0
Working hard, playing hard culture. Management looks very well after their employees. Work satisfaction is a certainty and growing is up to yourself. Assupol is growing at a lightning speed and the fact that management is looking so good after their employees is a huge contributing factor.
3,0
A typical day at work was helping brokers and sales representatives with any admin that needed to be done. I also assisted the sales managers with filing and general admin duties.
I learned how to work with a deadline as we had monthly cut-offs, and I tried to learn everything that I could.

The management was good and supportive, and pushed me to be the best that I could.
My co-workers were professional yet friendly.

The hardest part of the job was choosing when I needed to say no.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing I did my best in everything that I did.
Pros
Team Building
Cons
No growth
3,0
A typical day at work was fun.
I made an effort to learn everything I could in the department (procedures and systems).

Management was willing to listen to staff & take suggestions.
Co-workers worked well together mostly.

The hardest part of the job was learning to say no.

The most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things & solving problems.
Pros
Flexi hours
5,0
Assupol management had all the trust in me was given space to work at my own pace .

Co workers treated me like family.

I learned new ways of doing things and also given opportunity to participate fully in management meetings.
Cons
Work long hours because was building new team
DAY AT WORK

Co WORKERS

Healthy competitions

Communication

Work in groups

Reaching targets as a team

MANAGEMENT

ENJOYABLE PART

Outdoor

Meeting different people everyday

Face to face

Travelling on a daily basis
Pros
commission and claim back from sars
Cons
unpredictable working hours
5,0
A day starts at 7h30am with junior trainees making tea/coffee for everyone at our department. And then checking emails and make follow ups of issues or inquiries that I had the previous day. After solving everything, I do my daily work.

I have learned to work with people with different attitude, cultures and ages. When I got to my second level I managed to take over the work of a third year as my seniors contact was terminate. I learned to take responsibility to grow myself by learning most of the Work by myself with a little help from my Junior Manager. I learned to be a leader, supervisor to my junior.

Assupol Life management are very involve with their employees. They are concern and keen about what is going on around them. The relationship is good and effective and it creates a good environment.

It is very easy to work with people whom you share the same goal with. I enjoyed working with my co-workers , they were the best.

The hardest part of the job was when I had to play the role of the senior. It is not easy to be hard on other but sometimes the Job needs to be done and It is very important to meet the required deadlines.

I enjoy it when the work is done and it's been approved by management and we all go celebrate afterwards. It is nice to go out of the office once in a while just to relax and talk about things outside work.
Pros
* AFS celebration lunch, Year end functions, department lunch and department year end lunch with the CFO
Cons
Overtime
4,0
to complete all my duties timeously and defect free.
to alway be a team player and assist where you can.

to assist management and have a open door policy with your line manager. Integrity is also very important to me.
the hardest part of my job is when we need to meet deadlines and all bussiness will come through on the cutt off date, but I still go the extra mile to make sure target is made.

the most enjoyable part of my job is when I had a productive day and can go home knowing all is complete.

I also do the event planning at our office, which I enjoy very much.
Pros
Production bonus
Cons
working long hours on cutt off dates, that can be prevented if bussiness is consistant through out the month
4,0
Very long day, sometimes no lunch no break but a very humbling environment, good people and a loving family.
I have learnt mostly to be on the other persons shoes, to be polite in all situations and humble.

Management is good but tends to overlook issues that seem be of concern to us even though it is not deliberate, type of environment, workload and deadlines are the primary causes of this issue, overall we have a very support structure and an ear that is always open to listen and advise.
My co-workers are wonderfull people, everyone does their bit and are very friendly towards each other.

Dealing with difficult clients who does not want to follow procedures.

I enjoy being of assistance whether towards the client or fellow colleagues, it pleases me to hear a person say thank you I did not know what to do, or thank you my query was resolved amicably and on time. offering good and accurate service makes the hard and long day worth it,
Pros
the love and understanding
Cons
Extra long hours
3,0
My Day work required dedicatiion and good work ethics.
Monthly Meetings where we discussed challenges and abilities

Teamwork was of most importance

We had times for Fun and work

Time management was of importance especially when gien dead line.
We were always required to work overtime as part of rendering a service.

Pros
Sharing of Meals
Cons
Working Long hours and server going down without IT dept assistance
3,0
Well my job is not office bound most of the time I am out looking for clients,

Over the years I have learnt how to communicate with different types my work experience has taught me to deal with them according to their ages, class and status.

With regard to management the only positioned that I ever had which is close to management was when I was a supervisor at Stats SA, and I think I handled it well and my previous experience of working with people was an added advantage it made it easy for me to be able to handle my team, and deal with the community members who were difficult or uncooperative.

The hardest part of the job for me was to tell a debtor that we are proceeding with the sale of his/her goods as instructed by our client , as the said debtors has not adhere to the arrangements made or failed to respond when he or she was given an opportunity to do so.

Collecting big amounts of money without incurring costs ( I use to call it easy money) and assisting those illiterate clients with their insurance claims.
Cons
being a field worker you get to work long hours, and most of them you will spend the travelling to those far away places from home.