Assupol

Assupol Employee Reviews

South Africa30 reviews
Customer services
Face to face direct market

I learn communication skills

I learn how to handle customers in a polite way

The hardest part of the job is to searching for a customers in different areas
Pros
Hard work pays
Cons
Customers can be soo rude when communicating with a reppresatative
5,0
Working at assupol gives you financial freedom as well as time to interact with different types of people.it is not hard to sell assupol as it sells itself.
Pros
Better wages
Cons
No fraud, fraud is taken seriously
3,0
the experience was fun and interesting, talking to different clients everyday and convincing them to buy or upgrade their policies was one of the interesting part of my job. i had an opportunity to learn more interpersonal skills, solving problems, convincing clients. the pressure was there but i was dedicated i fell in love with my job.
3,0
It was a good environment but required daily face to face interactions with client to create your own leads and potentially close deals.No basic was paid it was 100 percent commission based.
3,0
Interactions with different kinds and types of people from different backgrounds and different personalities with different perspective to job work/life balance
My interactions with co-workers is pure professional

Pros meeting different kinds of challenges in the field and able to solve them

Cons Growth

Travel
5,0
Its important to maintain professionalisim, follow processes in place, ask where you don't know and treat clients fairly
I enjoy dealing with people.
1,0
I've worked for other companies in the industry and Assupol takes the cup of being the worst employer. Employees are coerced into giving good ratings on best company survey. Employees pay for everything here including coffee and tea. Personal telephone calls are charged even if it's 30cents. Their salaries are ridiculously low and forced to take medical aid which they don't subsidize
5,0
I learned allot at companies doing sales, that clients are hard to get but how you sell to them is the most important thing.
Planning preparing scribe
3,0
I enjoy working because I get to meet a lot of different people and these enhance my skills in how to solve issues, how to sell products how to deal with a client that is having a bad day. My client service improve everyday and I am amazed at the skills I have of putting costumers first and also to adhere to the fit and proper regulations.

I travel a lot to different places to be able to reach my target for !y sales. The most challenging part is not having control over an unhappy client or someone who is on a tight budget and wants to cancel their policies.

But overall the sales work is very challenging and it needs someone who is very passionate about their work.
Cons
Flexable hours
4,0
Great working environment, great colleagues.
There would be hectic days and there would be days where you more relaxed.

Management was easy to work with. Workplace culture was very pleasant.
Pros
Enjoyable working environment
Cons
Was working on contract basis
5,0
Assupol is a very good compony with a lot of benefits to their clients and staff.
It very good to work at Assupol I achieved so many it a good company
Pros
Free car
4,0
I was happy at Assupol. I had a lot of opportunities . I worked in the Admin and Manager departments for 13 years. I then moved to Sales where I still marketed Assupol products. I am proud to say that Assupol has been a part of my life for the last 22 years.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
5,0
As a reviewer I saw old mutual as a good company because thy pay their client in an appropriate way.welcoming their client and client information as confidential.
4,0
Management lack respect for employees. Racist tendencies and sabotage is the order of the day. Assupol is a great company overall just wished I had transferred to Head Office instead of staying in a white dominated branch. If you going to apply know that previously disadvantaged you will be made to feel inferior and stupid, dont be clever and show your capabilities it will be crushed quickly.
Pros
Free gifts and Head Office support
Cons
Long hours, no recognitions, sabotage and white supremacy
5,0
Working at Assupol is a wonderful experience.One learns how to develop themselves intellectually.I got exposed to the insurance field where i learnt how to give people necessary advice based on their financial needs.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Salary depends on Commision
3,0
Assupol was a great company to work for. Good for a start in life they offer training and make it easy to work there. We were offers good hot leads though sometimes not sufficient great team players. Benefits and incentives were really nice
Pros
free trip's and incentives
Cons
overtime
4,0
Taking a team leader position and handling queries in the work place appropriate. Mostly is being is Punctual regarding my work
3,0
Great environment. Self-management was expected and I was judged on results.

You have the freedom to use your mind and contribute towards the company's success freely. The hardest part is the lack of guidance, however it is a paradise if you thrive on challenges as I do.

Co-workers are friendly and supportive.
Pros
Flexible hours
sales
selling skills

motivated management

fun and willing to work in teams

to hear someone don't have a policy for their family that past way

if a client comes back to you to say thank you for excellent service
Pros
tee time
4,0
Working at assupol was a great experiance for me.coz i was coming from skull.finishing my high skull i worked for a year meet alot of amazing people.it was good working for assupol da problem for me was commision wage.but all in all it was fun an worming to work in a big company like assupol.
Pros
commision
Cons
no basic
1,0
They should recruit management team that knows how to treat staff and be able to support their staff without favoritism.
Pros
n/a