AstraZeneca

South Africa14 reviews

3,9Work-Life Balance

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 2 245 reviews

Different experience

u learn alot and the experience u gain is Awesome .this place get import medicine fron different pharmaceuticals in bottles and tablets in containers that has to be packed then it goes to the different Drs and chemistIve worked in admin in tbe warehouse and i loved it The guys there really respected women and tge workload is not so heavy i would give anything to go back there if i had the chance to go

Pros

Only when there is parties yes then there is free lunches

Cons

Working hours 8 to 4

Best company to work for

My personal culture match so I was very happy there. Supportive motivational managers No micomanagment as long as you are doing your job. Incentives and bonuses

Pros

Work life balance

Cons

Salary

good place to work

good place to work puts patients first employee growth good salary structure excellent management supportive workplace culture i would work there again

Awesome Experience.

Loved my time at AZ. Great opportunity and really appreciated the company's impact on patient lives. great innovative solutions with quality drugs to address everyday health challenges.

Ethical working environment

Typical day:Organizing a week and month in advance: Calls on doctors, specialists and pharmacies. Arranging functions and meetings. I learnt never to give up, and that the client is the integral part of my business. Management: Area Sales Manager and Management team very supportive and knowledgeable. Workplace culture: Very ethical and service orientated. Hardest part of the job: A lot of competition in Medical products, sales depend on one's knowledge and customer service. The most enjoyable part of the job: Working with people, making targets and helping patients with your product.

Pros

Car allowance, Medical Aid contribution

Family culture

Extremely supportive of work/life balance. Provides tools and resources to work from home. All employees are treated as equals- all staff are on first name basis and can present concerns and successes without judgement.

Organisational Culture and Leadership

Company with great potential, but lacks good leadership. Everyone is concered about covering their backs and people will throw you under the bus just to save themselves. HR department is almost non existence, the employee turnover is the worse I've seen for a such a small company. The performance management process is pour and floured and very subjective. Unless there is change in leadership and senior management i wouldnt recommend joining the organisation

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Bad organisational culture

i have worked in so many HR Functions, Payroll, Bench-making, Recruitment and Selection, SAP for creating PO's and Invoices, Facilitating induction, Job Descriptions.

A fun productive and innovative workplace

The company is very professional, progressive and provides strong strategic intent to its employees. I learnt a lot about starategic product management while I worked for them.The culture was professional, productive, supportive and fun. The hardest part of the job waqs the long hours and a lot of international and local travel.

Pros

Fantastic reward programmes

Respected Pharmaceutical Company

Great products to promote. History of mega brands. Customer focused.Challenging in a generic market as an ethical company. Good culture.A lot of admin.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Admin overload

I didnt enjoy working for this organisation

In my view, management is everything. the management soured my entire experience and view of the organization. work life balance was bad the culture was made by the people I knew and grew to love. meeting targets was near impossible, there were so many boxes to tick the colleagues were the most enjoyable aspect of the job

Amazing place to work and grow

AstraZeneca allows you to learn as an individual and they offer so many programs to help you reach grater levels weather is selling skills or self development the company does offer the necessary aid for each and every employee.

Pros

Major benefits

Great plave to work and develop ability

Astrazeneca is a multicultural compoany that helps one grow and discover your own potential. Management team gives you a chance to take responsibility of a project and show your capabilities. Fun place to work and very people orientated.

Dynamic and professional

Ethical and professional company. Excellent benefits. Scope for growth. Hardest part of the job: interacting with Health Authority Excellent team and teamwork. Working for such a big multinational company gave me a fantastic grounding and the company provided me with many valuable training sessions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AstraZeneca. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Based on 2 245 reviews