AstraZeneca
Information from AstraZeneca:

AstraZeneca Employee Reviews

South Africa13 reviews
5,0
My personal culture match so I was very happy there.
Supportive motivational managers

No micomanagment as long as you are doing your job.

Incentives and bonuses
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Salary
good place to work
puts patients first

employee growth

good salary structure

excellent management

supportive workplace culture

i would work there again
4,0
Loved my time at AZ. Great opportunity and really appreciated the company's impact on patient lives. great innovative solutions with quality drugs to address everyday health challenges.
4,0
Typical day:Organizing a week and month in advance: Calls on doctors, specialists and pharmacies. Arranging functions and meetings.

I learnt never to give up, and that the client is the integral part of my business.

Management: Area Sales Manager and Management team very supportive and knowledgeable.

Workplace culture: Very ethical and service orientated.

Hardest part of the job: A lot of competition in Medical products, sales depend on one's knowledge and customer service.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Working with people, making targets and helping patients with your product.
Pros
Car allowance, Medical Aid contribution
4,0
Extremely supportive of work/life balance. Provides tools and resources to work from home. All employees are treated as equals- all staff are on first name basis and can present concerns and successes without judgement.
1,0
Company with great potential, but lacks good leadership. Everyone is concered about covering their backs and people will throw you under the bus just to save themselves. HR department is almost non existence, the employee turnover is the worse I've seen for a such a small company.

The performance management process is pour and floured and very subjective.

Unless there is change in leadership and senior management i wouldnt recommend joining the organisation
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad organisational culture
4,0
i have worked in so many HR Functions, Payroll, Bench-making, Recruitment and Selection, SAP for creating PO's and Invoices, Facilitating induction, Job Descriptions.
5,0
The company is very professional, progressive and provides strong strategic intent to its employees. I learnt a lot about starategic product management while I worked for them.The culture was professional, productive, supportive and fun. The hardest part of the job waqs the long hours and a lot of international and local travel.
Pros
Fantastic reward programmes
4,0
Great products to promote. History of mega brands. Customer focused.Challenging in a generic market as an ethical company.
Good culture.A lot of admin.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Admin overload
2,0
In my view, management is everything. the management soured my entire experience and view of the organization.
work life balance was bad

the culture was made by the people I knew and grew to love.

meeting targets was near impossible, there were so many boxes to tick

the colleagues were the most enjoyable aspect of the job
5,0
AstraZeneca allows you to learn as an individual and they offer so many programs to help you reach grater levels weather is selling skills or self development the company does offer the necessary aid for each and every employee.
Pros
Major benefits
5,0
Astrazeneca is a multicultural compoany that helps one grow and discover your own potential. Management team gives you a chance to take responsibility of a project and show your capabilities. Fun place to work and very people orientated.
5,0
Ethical and professional company.
Excellent benefits.

Scope for growth.

Hardest part of the job: interacting with Health Authority

Excellent team and teamwork.

Working for such a big multinational company gave me a fantastic grounding and the company provided me with many valuable training sessions.