Auditor General of South Africa

Auditor General of South Africa Employee Reviews

South Africa59 reviews

3,3Work-Life Balance

No Work/Life balance

The pay is fair and competitive, however, there is no work life balance.The hardest part is working away from home for longer periods causing too much stress

You would be working for an organisation that is making a difference

Learned a lot in terms of report writing, drafting opinions, policy development. crafting strategy, conducting risk assessments; learned to contribute strategically on organisation's objectives; fast paced and needs someone who can take the pressure.

Output based high pressured workplace

Auditor General of South Africa is an output based, high pressured workplace with a goal driven and time based environment. It teaches time management, attention to deal and results based performance.

Pros

Lots of travel, highly competitive environment

Cons

Long hours, lots of travel

Productive and better than other private firms

AG is only rough during Peak PFMA season.working at national office you get to travel during MFMA.Work culture, mostly black people, nothing much.Typical day, 7h30 to 4h30, at home or at the client, can claim s&t.Learnt the whole cycle of audit, as our audits take relatively longer than other firms

Pros

pay your study fees, loan/bursary that's the most wonderful thing for trainees

Cons

long hours at peak PFMA, just June/July then you'll be fine

Productive workplace

Good organisation to serve saica articles. Enough exposure to achieve competencies. You learn and grow everyday enough study leave is given to trainees

Great

It was fun and very informative doing the audit experience programme at the Auditor General South Africa in Polokwane. The staff there made everyone pf us feel welcomed.

Pros

Gaining useful knowledge

Cons

A learning environment full of growth opportunities

A teaching and learning environment that supports growth in both academic and professional life. A deadline driven environment that requires one to take responsibility of own delivery.

Productive,ibnformational,fun place place to be

i learned how the industry work and it teach me a how to be a proffesional,how to be efficient in my work,teach how to be independent, work as a team ,to be reliable

Competitive and fast paced. As we are in an external audit environment, we have pick seasons where we work long hours in order to meet our deadlines thereby fulfilling our audit manndate.

Pros

Free medical aid

Cons

travelling

It was bit of both stressful at some point and fine

The stress part was during the end of the audit when you have to work overtime at work and at home in order to complete the component that you are doing. and the part that i enjoy was to travel to the client and get to know the western cape.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Auditor General of South Africa?

Excellent company to grow in and with.

I have grown alot from the opportunity afford and can without a doubt say this was a stepping stone for great things to come in my career aspirations and also made me emotionally sound and strong when facing challenging clients not always in agreement with the audit outcomes. I would encourage any onewanting to have a career at the AG to live the value and culture to the best. Be focus on making a contribution in strengthening our country's democracy in the work you do.

Fun workplace

I enjoyed it. Thee people are genuine and more like family. The hours can be long depending on the client that one is working at. Most managers understand.

A good organization to train with.

A good organization for individuals who want to be Auditors or Chartered Accountants. At Auditor General we work effectively in teams. Trainees are being treated equally.

Supreme audit instituition

Fair place to work at. Salary matches your education and experience. Have to travel. Alot. No consideration is given as to whether you are a single parent or not. Training is given by one manager and one would not be sure if the training is sufficient until another manager is allocated to you.

Work Environment

HR Processes and remuneration is fair. Excellent environment for people passionate about Public sector auditing. Development of Staff is prioritized.

Impactful Employer

AGSA is a great employer. They are very supportive to its staff and they invest tremendously in their personnel. The mandate affords everyone who is a part of them an opportunity to make difference in our country. I am a proud product of the organization.

Good salary and benefits

I liked the fact that the Auditor General of South Africa pays market-related salaries and they also provide employees with free medical aid. The work is more stressful around deadlines.

I was very proud to serve my Country

I really enjoyed my career at the AGSA and I was very privileged to get exposure to the entire spectrum of work. I also enjoyed the respect of Top Man

The only skill you can learn is auditing.

The company cares about development of black kids. The only issue I have is that you can only develop a skill of audit and they use one software which becomes a challenge when you have to apply for other jobs.

At work

The salary and benefits are alright, the only issue is the no job security. The work environment is alright and you at least have time for your family

Pros

Salary benefits

Cons

Job security

Good learning environment

A typical day at work involved communicating with the client, gathering audit evidence by performing audit procedures on a sample of transactions. Everyday is a learning opportunity, to learn from the managers, peers and juniors. i learned how to communicate with different types of audiences, how to maintain a high level of professional skepticism as well as my professionalism. Management provide direction and supervision. They are very hands on and ensure you are giving 100% to your job. They are also actively involved in your development and growth and try to mentor and coach you as you develop into a professional. The workplace culture is friendly, there is mutual respect for different races, genders and backgrounds. The hardest part of the job was doing more work due to unfilled positions. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people from different backgrounds and working together to achieve common goal.

Pros

Friendly people

Cons

Sometimes long hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Auditor General of South Africa. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3,3 out of 5 stars for Work/Life Balance